Why doesn't Marvel make Toni Ho the new Iron Man?

Why doesn't Marvel make Toni Ho the new Iron Man?

That means bendis will write her.

>Why doesn't Marvel make Tony Stark Iron Man again?

Because she's not black.

With Lila Rhodes as the new War Machine?

Because Bendis can't make royalty money off of her, same as War Machine's niece.

Toni whore?

Because fuck Ewing.
I mean it too.
Besides I give it like a few more months before Tony is back.

Because honestly someone named Toni to take over Iron Man's role sounds even dumber to casuals than give it to someone named Riri.

She's asian and lesbian. But she actually has personality and we can't have that.

If you take Bendis's claims that it's a representation thing at face value: Asian kids already know they can be super-smart engineers. That's the stereotype. It wouldn't be a thing for kids to aspire to like Riri is and it actually does succeed at that,
sort of.

If you don't: Ironheart is there because he wants to suck up to his daughter, who is black and likes Iron Man, that's the entire reason she exists, nobody likes it, not even editorial.

Because Bendis already called dibs on shoving an OC in there. Doesn't matter that she has no actual connection to Tony.

who

Because she isn't black and Bendis love them black.

>Ironheart is there because he wants to suck up to his daughter, who is black and likes Iron Man, that's the entire reason she exists, nobody likes it, not even editorial.
Nope it is not even that. Bendis just have a black fetish. Hence his creation of Miles and Riri. Hence for adoption of 2 black kids. Hence his favorite character is Luke Cage or whatever. Ironically, his waifu is Kitty Pryde the cancer.

I actually don't even mind the asian lesbian thing because HOLY SHIT is the US military, all branches just filled with lesbians. The things you learn working for an insurance company that targets military personnel.

So is U.S.Avengers a good read or not? It looks cool but so did lawn darts and the new spidey cartoon until I seen how much quesada and slott was involved.

do you sell dildo insurance now

Yes, it's fun and is a mainline Marvel comic doing it's best Nextwave impression

This is the most correct answer. It's why Bendis also loves shoving Maria Hill and Miles Morales into everything. It's why he writes 100 different books at once without giving two fucks about quality. He just wants money and doesn't give two shits about comics beyond how they relate to his bank balance.

I love Maria Hill when anyone but Bendis writes her

Her whole arc is Ewing spelling out why she should be Stark's legacy.
>hey look at my super-progressive Asian lesbo and her Fenno-Norwegian lover!
> hey, look at her wear that armor!
> hey, look at how she ties into the Iron Man story with this arc I wrote specifically to have her parallel Stark's origin!
>suck it, Bendis!

Not "diverse" enough aka black.

All his comics are good though. You contrarians go out of your way to read every release

>She's asian
Asians are on the bottom of the oppressed scale.
People only care about them when a white actor gets to play either an asian character or a character somewhat associated to asian stuff

Asians don't count for some reason.

Buyt there was a better character than Riri, Lila would have done the job, already had a backstory and reasons to be Iron Man, she made sense unlike that congolese cunt who came out of nowhere with an Iorn Man armor, who is constantly called a genius but can't get a word when Doom is talking to her

Because "diversity" really just means "more black."

Sounds like a good thing consider how poor sales have been when they were all white

SJWs don't like Asians; Asians undermine the very core of their ideology, the idea that racial minorities do poorly in America because white people are racist.

Can someone explain to me what's so fucking great about Ewing?
Seriously I try with this guy but everything he writes is fucking boring.

You mean the 60s? The Silver Age of Comics?

He's a discount Grant Morrison. He does the same kind of 4th wall metanarrative as him... but worse

That's the magic of comics. You don't have to get them. Just read the ones thatre on your level

At least Morrison is entertaining, can't say that much about Ewing.

He's implying sexy Asian grills are resigned to doing to sexy asian things in order to be marketable and popular, which is bullshit. Not 'Asian are not Unrepresented'

I don't know what I like about his stories, I just know that they're pretty good.

>woman
>Iron MAN

>what is American history

Look into it. Asians get a pass on shit but they did get fucked over a lot in the US. That said other minority groups got it worse, or had towns/neighborhoods fucked over/firebombed when they tried to better themselves.

>black wall street

inb4 Sup Forums comes to a Sup Forums thread

He's not a black girl hero

>the name matters
Stanley can't remember names worth shit

>Tony?
>No, I'm Toni.
>How the fuck do you even say that name and get the, "i," across like that?

What about if they stopped writing Tony like shit instead of replacing him yet again

Cause she a ho

But Riri has a personality. It may be a shit personality but it's still a personality. People say the same shit about Miles when Homecoming ripped off his wholesale.

I feel like that's the go to complaint people say about any black legacy character :/

Think about what and who you are taking about. Bendis is literally the embodiment of ignoring already existing canon.

Don't expect anything more of him. He literally just wants as many donut steels in his books as possible and hopes he creates some sort of hit like Miles again.

>People say the same shit about Miles when Homecoming ripped off his wholesale.
>Still pretending Miles has a personality to rip off.

THIS THIS THIS

you say it with a chinese accent and enunciation

Literally the only reason people accuse Homecoming of ripping of Miles is because Peter has a fat brown nerd friend. That's it. He doesn't even have the same name. Doesn't even have the same race.

Not as good as New Avengers was, but worth a read.

What if Riri wasn't black, or female, or a teenager

would you dislike the character all the same?

He's a continuityfag.

The actual quality of his stories don't matter so much to a lot of people.
He has a love and respect for the characters and their world/canon, and it's reflected in his work.

If he weren't damn near the only Marvel writer to give a shit about Marvel comics, he probably wouldn't receive so much praise.

>People say the same shit about Miles when Homecoming ripped off his wholesale.

homecoming didn't rip off Miles so much as Miles is just Peter Parker without character flaws, just like how Marvel's modern Spider-Man has no character flaws.

Classic Peter Parker doesn't trust his friends/family and lies to everyone constantly, he goes into depression fits, and internalizes all of his emotional problems because he doesn't have anyone to talk to as a result of not trusting anyone enough to be totally open with them.

Miles/Homecoming Peter don't have those flaws and have a support network of close friends/family to rely on so they don't exhibit those same unhealthy characteristics classic Peter does. It means they don't really have flaws other than being "too eager", which is barely a flaw at all. Their character flaw is just that they are SO loving and caring that it harms them. They're never forced to make tough decisions and never really make missteps. Whenever they have a problem they have too many people that they can be 100% honest and open with, and those people always give perfect advice. It changes the roles of the characters in the story greatly, and there really isn't much in common with the stories told with Classic Peter aside from "quipping webslinger".

Basically, people shit on Miles for the same reason that more people should be shitting on Homecoming spidey, they're very similar characters. People give Miles more shit because he's black and give Homecoming Peter less shit because nostalgia.

Yes, but she, he I guess, wouldn't receive nearly as much attention. People who read her would still hate her. People hated that Alpha kid or whomever he was. The Spider-Man side kick. Anyone actually looking at the story would see this character as poorly written and a completely compelling little shit. But the whole "lets have tons of threads and hundred post storytimes of pain" wouldn't exist, because it wouldn't be part of this larger series of flamewars over modern politics. Just another shitty legacy teenager written by a shitty writer.

Some of the more ridiculous bits, like Riri having to manufacture a reason to be angry at racists to motivate herself, would require some reworking. Him being some poor kid who's bad at actual school stuff or something might work. But again, it wouldn't be such an easy to bait with scene.

> Miles is just Peter Parker without character flaws

That's why he's boring as shit

That's not what he is saying, though.
Asians are an example of non-white people actually managing to do well on a large scale (individual mileage will vary) and therefore undermine the oppression narrative, is what he is saying.

Miles defining character flaw is that he's not Peter.

Right, so that gives us
>Lila Warmachine on offense
>Toni Patriot on defense
>Enigma for stealth
Add
>some Rescue for healslut
And you have yourself a Fullmetal Girlscouts team.
And the battle cry for armored girlscouts naturally must be: "Panzer vor!"

Yeah, because he would be some guy who is constantly told he is hot shit because editorial says so, which is literally Poochy.

yes but if RiRi was a dude he wouldn't be showing up in all the books that RiRi is. Definitely wouldn't be a part of Secret Empire just like they didn't give a shit about Sam Nova or TeenClops.

>People give Miles more shit because he's black

No because he's boring

>and give Homecoming Peter less shit because nostalgia.

No because he's not boring

That's a tricky question as part of the reason Riri is a thing at all is because she's black and female.

That said, my issues is that the few material with her I read(the first 4 IIM with her as the lead, generations and technically the Bendis Tony Iron Man run) are written like shit and so was the way Bendis wrote to take Tony out.
Had she been introduced and written in a better way I wouldn't mind whatever gender and race she was. We had blacks(Rhodes, March), females(Bethany, MJ and Pepper and Toni in a variation), and teenagers(Tony himself, now Toni) wearing the armor after all.

So having not bothered, is she actually genuinely patriotic or is it just "government servants and nobody's using the Iron Patriot identity"?

Sunspot's marketing idea to sell her to the government in his USAvengers team.

Genuinely patriotic. She knows America is an absurdly better place to live than Communist China, which her parents emigrated from, and wants to protect it
the first issue of USAvengers had every character get interviewed on what patriotism meant to them and why they fight for America.

Because she's not black, thus not a full minority

If Riri wasn't drawn as such a (black, female, teenaged) qt3.14 I would not even know of her. She is as generically off-putting as they come.

That's not undermining the oppressive narrative. That's just pointing out that one community didn't continuously get shat on over the years, to such an extreme that it became detrimental to their development and success.

How those the suit even work? How the fuck does she bend her arms if the armor is much bigger than her? Is she just sitting in there with control panels?

>Bendis is filling Marvel not only with his OC Donutsteels, but said Donutsteels are self-inserts for his family
SONICHU-TIER

I can tell you don't know much history. in the 19th century asians were treated terribly in the US. For that matter, remember the Japanese-american internment camps in WW2?

I think she is small enough to have her motion capture all in the torso.
But yeah, the armor got the arms and legs ripped off, leaving her sitting pretty in her torso like a half-ton quadrupal amputee.