LAUNCH THE MISSILE NOW!!!

LAUNCH THE MISSILE NOW!!!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edgewood_Arsenal_human_experiments
youtube.com/watch?v=trzUn42ongs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

but I am le tired

I still want to know what happens to him after the movie

Ten seconds till launch! Open the missile silos!

Where's the Giant, Mansley?

He self-repaired and came back home

No, I meant mansley

He self-repaired and came back home

Considering that he ordered a nuclear strike over the objections of a superior officer... well, court-martial definitely. Possibly a charge of treason (though that is something with a very specific set of conditions to fulfill, so perhaps not). He'd most assuredly be placed within the deepest, darkest hole the US has, where even the guards have only heard of sunlight as a rumour.

He probably got miscredited in some other feature.

He was sent to jail

These threads are my favorite Sup Forums meme.

ok

When the giant stopped the missle, would any of the fallout be able to reach Earth? Or was the missle too far awaya for that to happen?

Imagine an ending where the giant doesn't snap out of his kill-mode and Mansley ends up making the ultimate sacrifice to protect his country

He truly did nothing wrong

I figure that while he did get jail time from this, due to the government wanting to bury the fact that they almost nuked themselves(and to a lesser extent the Giant's existence), it ended up being a lesser sentence based on a made up charge, so after 5-15 years in jail Mansley is released and goes on to live a relatively quiet civilian life

which ties into my silly headcanon that he's Matt Bluestone's(from Gargoyles) uncle, and that part of the reason Matt gets into all the Illuminati conspiracy stuff is from listening to the ravings of his uncle as a kid

That's actually an interesting idea. Has there been much Sup Forums material where the paranoid, and portrayed-as-irrationally-afraid character was actually RIGHT about the threat? And not in the "they did nothing wrong" sense, but the story actually intends to back them up? I can't imagine there'd be that many, since the message of "you should fear what is different and consider it a threat, because it is" MIGHT be a hard sell for most media.

WHERE'S THE GIANT MANSLEY

GIANT, WHERE'S THE MANSLEY

Angry birds movie fits that description perfectly

That movie blew me away, if only because it was based on an app with no story.

I also like the story for that reason. It's one of the only instances of a genuinely flawed protagonist in recent years (in animation, I mean).

If you say so.

>I must have dreamed a thousand dreams

>Been haunted by a million screams

>The military gives a 10 year old boy a highly radioactive hunk of alien metal that would have killed him within days of exposure

This bugs me

He launched a nuke on US soil against his superiors orders and then attempted to desert. He's fucked

He probably shot himself in the back of the head with his hands tied behind his back.

That's not how radiation works

Pls tell me this puggo didn't get blown up

That puggo was in a jp slice of life about going into spess and the moon. he'll be fine.

Probably got caught up in the jet stream and blew over to Europe. Fuck those fags.

So are we all gonna ignore the fact that he came from "The Department of Unexplained/Paranormal Affairs" or some shit like that? What the hell were they investigating before and after the Iron Giant event? I mean is this their only actual case or is it just one of a series of unexplained, extraordinary cases? Is this some movie about the pre-MIB Golden Age of X-Files investigation where all this shit gets [REDACTED] in twenty years or what?

I think not.

its set in the 1950s though

fpbp

>my feet hurt
>this submarine sucks
>its too humid in here
>the captain keeps hitting on me
>the navigator keeps hitting on me
>the chef keeps hitting on me
>this seat is uncomfortable
>some faggot on shore is yelling at me over the radio
>this nuclear launch lock is hard to turn
>these codes are too long
>the launch sirens are loud
>the captain is eyeing me up again...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edgewood_Arsenal_human_experiments

He'd be taken into this shit.

>edgewood
>human experiments
bravo USA

Who needs a nuke when you can have a nice, gay, humid submarine orgy?

YOU STAY
I GO

NO FOLLOWING

I, Robot

MAN THE GIANT, WHERESLEY

I'm pretty sure a lot of the "paranormal" stuff they investigated was mostly them being overly paranoid, since IIRC early in the film Mansley mentioned that Sputnik is really a surveillance device sent by aliens to watch Earth.

AHHHHHHH MOTHERLAND!

You are
who you choose to be.

I have no idea why I feel compelled to click the thread every time there's one where people yell about launching missiles or where's the giant.

The giant ran face first into a nuke. Unless the metal that makes up his body is designed to somehow dissipate the radiation it was exposed to, that shit's going to be chock full of rads. It might not kill Hogarth outright at first, but he's definitely in from some rough years ahead.

The Angry Birds Movie is fantastic. 4/4 stars. So many jokes. So many feels. So much talent. The writing and the structure of some of the jokes are so novel and genuine. They fucking went for it on that movie and they nailed it. Goddamn I love The Angry Birds Movie.

Honestly, same. The joke where the therapist is reading the case files and she gets to the big guy's makes me lose my shit every time. It was like a Ren And Stimpy joke with better pacing.

I liked the characters, too. And the plot. Red is an asshole that we root for. He gives me vague Jack Burton vibes. I actually like his sidekicks a lot, for some reason, even though they should just be stereotypes.

This deserves its own thread.

Hey kid does this rag smell like chloroform?

Damn, that good?

and redpilled as fuck

Realistically he would've just been immediately gunned down by the soldiers on the scene when he tried to take the general's walkie-talkie.

Well, I don't want to overhype it into something it's not. The country music is shit. The Limp Bizkit is hard to forgive.

But, other than that, it all works really well. More so than just as a video game movie. On its own merits, it's good. The characters aren't scientifically designed to be artificially likeable, which makes them feel like way more genuine than the plethora of Disney protagonists. The plot is genuinely entertaining and isn't anything like its peers. It doesn't put the moral before your enjoyment. And, I can't believe I'm saying this, but the lore is good. There are just slight hints about the world that make it interesting. Just enough to make you wonder what other islands are out there.

I never liked the angry birds games and I was quick to jump on the hate train. "An app movie!? How artistically bankrupt .ca you get?" I was wrong. Completely, thoroughly wrong. And I'm glad I was.

What did they really mean by this?

That episode where Arthur became sexually curious and started to inappropriately touch DW was pretty weird for a kid's show, they could have handled it better than they did.

Not Sup Forums, but Xenoblade Chronicles. Egil was right to fear Zanza's return and if he had managed to genocide the races of Bionis unhindered he could have used Yaldabaoth to control Mechonis and defeat Bionis, ensuring Zanza would never be reborn in one of his creations and never end the world.

I think part of the praise is because we're living in politically tense times, and the movie had some themes that can be interpreted as a commentary for some topical questions. Some Sup Forums people compared the movie's plot to the refugee crisis, while some people on the other side of the spectrum saw the movie as a criticism of European colonialism. Either way, the movie had the angry suspicious guy being correct about his worry that the unknown newcomers might have malicious intentions, and that you shouldn't just blindly trust them. It's an unusual message in an animation. Normally cartoons tend to preach empathy and forgiveness, but this movie said that it's okay to be angry at injustice.

This is one of my favorite Sup Forums memes, but please only use Fallout 4 reaction images in the designated board Thank you.

I laughed. Well explained.

Well it was 1950ies.

So Hung by an Englishman.

FUCK that caught me way off guard.

Well done, man.

>One of these days in a new F&F Vin will quite himself from Iron Giant as he drives his car into a Nuke to save the world

I mean....would that really be surprising if that were the case?

Boy am I glad that we're staying and he's rocketing off to space to stop the bomb, and that we're out there, and that he's a robot - but what I wanna know is, where's the giant?

Fantastic.

Well done, you actually managed to make me laugh at that fucking meme

I've hated it ever since an autistic classmate wouldn't stop quoting it on an orchestra trip.

>Hating an instant classic
Fucking pleb.

You don't understand. He must have repeated it a dozen times. It was like he was an NPC with dialogue programmed by Obsidian. He's also autistic, so his line delivery sounded like what I imagine an incel sounds like.

Sorry, user. It's not personal.

And that he's out here and we're in there and that we're frozen out here and he's the sheriff

It was probably the same goverment division that experimented with telekinesis and mind reading. The CIA was really into that during the 50s, 60s and 70s.

>the deepest, darkest hole the US has, where even the guards have only heard of sunlight as a rumour.
Seattle?

Firing squad, pretty dark really

Plot twist it's actually the SCP foundation

W̨̛̰̩̼̭̹̘̣̤̘͠H͓̥͕̠̗͎̪̯E̟͉̩͓͕̘͉̙͢R̜̻͡Ẹ͢'̴̩̝̖͉̱̪̫S̛̠̺̖̼̳̺ ̺̠T́͢H̵̸͎̠E̘͕͔̞͍͉̦͙̙͝ ̯͕̙̖̖̳͓̫G̱̺͙̜I̴̼̫̣̝͕̗̦̬A̧̻͈̹̰͕͢N̸̢̗̗͈Ţ̵͎̜̳͞,̛̜̙̤͇̮̬̪̳͢ ̜͔̪̦̮̮̀ͅM̡̩͇͖̭̠̬͟A̢̼̬̝N̰̦̱̹͎͈͍ͅͅS̶̢̠̝͎̗͈͉͈͚͡L̴̵̮̟͇̙̜͘E̟̕Y̴͙?̧͕̺̱̀
̹

WEAR THE MAN, GIANTSLEY

Taken to a government black site where he's "interrogated" with a bullet to the back of his skull and listed an MIA

WHERE'S MANSLEY?!

WEARSLY, THE GIANT, MAN?!

BUT I CAN HEAR THE MARCHING FEET
THEY'RE MOVING INTO THE STREET

Even worse

Portland

That show is absolutely impossible without Chris.

Well he only held onto it for like an hour before the Giant reassembled.

HAHAHAHAHA! HOLY SHIT!

>being intimidated by legion
I was able to beat his ass and his buddies with a cheap pistol and my fists.

realistically, yes. they wouldve been fucked anyway

eh, he wouldve died from asbestos anyway

the russians, not aliens. and to be fair, there was a lot of that kind of paranoia at the time

post the image. do it

KEK

>Incompetent US goverment paranormal investigator

He was from the UIU

I dont get this meme. what am I missing here?

I always wondered how Yuri blowing up the silos also somehow neutralized both the nuclear capable bombers and nuclear submarines of the United States...

I would call you underage, but I remembered that the flash is almost 13 years old now.

youtube.com/watch?v=trzUn42ongs