Doug

Is Doug a good show?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vqri4Lvf-4s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pretty much yes ,
and if you compare it with crap like clarence , so its an excellent show

In terms of slice of life, it's top tier.
At least, in my humble opinion.

is doug a teenaged calliou?

Pretty much no ,
and if you compare it with gold like clarence , so its an crap show

>Nick Doug
Yes.
>Disney Doug
No.

never watched much of the disney one. what did they mess up?

Most people who say they hate Disney's Doug have never watched it, and can't watch it, since most of its episodes are lost media. Disney's Doug was about change, and most kids don't like change, so you all became bitter adults thinking that Disney's Doug sucked.

It didn't.

I was a kid when both aired, and I've watched all of the first series and a lot of the second series. I agree about how much it was about change, so much that it was Doug in name only.

Rewatched the entire Nick series in college with some friends and had a great time. The older you get the more absolutely insane his worries and imagined outcomes are, which makes everything a lot funnier.

A lot of changes for the sake of changes, like Roger becoming a rich bully because his mom won the lottery. They also introduced a new "rival" for Doug named Guy, who was just a shittier version of Roger.

Nah, Calliou at least learned why he was being a little bastard at the end of each episode. The only thing that keeps him as an awful little brat is status quo. Doug spends most of the time thinking that his shit doesn't stink and living in his fantasy world where he makes people who were just giving him a light ribbing into super villains.

Ehhhh.

It's got the best music out of the original Nicktoons and the animation isn't bad at all.

But out of all the Nicktoons, I drifted away from this one the fastest (not counting Zombie Rugrats.) Doug is such a fucking drama queen and in hindsight, all but two of the episodes centering on him and Patty together are about how he upsets her or hurts her feelings or he fucking handcuffs himself to her. That's kinda fucked up, especially since all his positive fantasies literally boil down to her idolizing anything he does.

I also came to hate the show (and others like it) for depicting elementary school and school kids as "High School but with only Bikes." As a kid it felt like the writers couldn't be bothered to understand how shit works even going by cartoon standards.

I've been looking for an animated episode of Nick Arcade with the original Nicktoons cast from the Nickelodeon cable launch. it was 1979, or close to it. Doug hadn't given birth to his younger sister Judy yet, but as we all know, he would within days of the episode. the games were green screen as was the style at the time. one was Sonic, that much I remember. there might have been a Resident Evil too, and of course Call of Duty.

Doug, as most celebrity guests were, was awful at the games. he constantly died and then would look at the camera and give a "Dear Journal" speech. somehow. he came in second to Ginger Foutley, which I was surprised to see considering she had killed herself a few years ago. beating a pregnant Doug was still an accomplishment, as Judy was also given a controller and their scores counted together.

since he lost, he was deleted from the show. as in, completely deleted. it was like when a film strip catches on fire. I was scared that he would be deleted from his own show as well, but luckily there were different animators and he did not disappear from Doug like he did Nick Arcade. it was quite haunting though, and I can still hear his screams when I close my eyes.

the animated Nick Arcades were hard to come by especially since most betamax players from that time were damaged in the nuclear war with the Soviet Union. still, I distinctly remember this episode and hope to see it again. I think Doug could have gotten more points in Sonic if he had used the spin dash.

>clarence
>crap

Doug is a necessary component of Unified Doug Theory

I honestly liked Disney Doug better. The episodes plots were still pretty stupid and Doug himself was still a piece of shit, but the other characters actually got more interesting.

Didn't DIsney Doug get a new baby sister?

Didn't he unironically try to get his parents to name her Dirtbike, and then they fucking did?

He was autistic, wasn't he Sup Forums?

>clarence
>crap

Dirtbike was her middle name. It was also voted on by the fans or something. Her full name was Cleopatra Dirtbike Funnie. Cleopatra isn't that bad since at least it can be shortened to Cleo, but his mom must have still be on drugs to allow Dirtbike even as a middle name.

I never liked it, it seemed so boring compared to other nicktoons

>the episode when Ned lives with Doug after he thought he was the reason his house burnt down

Yeah, Cleopatra is fine, but who the fuck throws a fit over not being able to name a future human Dirtbike? What the fuck kinda sense does that make?

Didn't know that people voted on it though, so in a meta sense that makes sense, I guess.

Actually what happened was that he was writing a list of things he wanted for Christmas and then his dad told him that they wouldn't be able to get presents that year and asks him what he was writing. Doug plays it off and hides the paper by saying he was just thinking of baby names and then Judy grabs the paper and starts reading off the list and then runs off with it jokingly suggesting Cleopatra before she and Doug fight.

>The name was decided via a Disney Adventures contest, with the winner receiving a drawing of himself with Doug and his friends.

What a useless prize.

Every thread.

obligatory

doug is fucked up

Because of Vinesauce I can't think about Douglas without hearing mr. Dink's voice in my head

Now slam your dick in my purple asshole!

But that would be
very expensive

Pepper Ann, T.J. and even Charlie Brown are a million times more proactive than Doug could ever be,

>Peanuts: The Prototype Doug
If there was an image I'd cite in my suicide note it'd probably be this one.

OH WEE YUU

KILLER TOFU

I FORGOT ABOUT THIS LOLOLOL
I DIDN'T GIVE IT A SECOND THOUGHT AT THE TIME
>eh, cartoon shit.

Hello thkeeteer, I had a protheedure done
It was very expensive

reminder

What the fuck

Came for this

Where does Greg Heffley fit in all of this?

youtube.com/watch?v=Vqri4Lvf-4s

I wished there was more of Judy in either series.

>Doug Taller than Judy
Why, tho

>He was autistic, wasn't he Sup Forums?
i would say more akin to schizophrenia
>a mental disorder characterized by abnormal social behavior and failure to understand what is real. Common symptoms include false beliefs, unclear or confused thinking, hearing voices that others do not hear, reduced social engagement and emotional expression, and a lack of motivation.

That was actually a pretty damn good song

I can't watch Doug anymore with thinking about hilariously cucked the author is in real life

Doug looks like James Hopkins from Bully.

It was sad reading that article at how 'Patty' was with someone new and how he'd have to write the new show around the fact that Doug didn't get the girl.

Doug is interesting like that. Most 'nerd' shows have the character do amazing things and get some amazing dream girl. But Doug? Nope. Just a single schlubby guy that stumbles through life.

It's a great show, because it's very genuine and relatable. What kid doesn't imagine themselves the way Doug always did when faced with a problem or the idea that they could some cool, suave, powerful person?

Very slice of life with the problems he faced between looking stupid, his crush, his friends, his bully, and generally just doing things he was too sheepish to do, but managed to have a great time with.

It also had a certain cartooniness to it that always felt cool instead of overly wacky. The gadgets Mr. Dink had (the flying video phone 20 years before drones,) the architecture of Bluffington (the Moody School,) even the design of the characters and their different colored skin and hair.

Disney Doug basically made it more of a school drama fleshing out all of his classmates and giving him a new baby sister and focusing on a legitimate relationship with Patti.

Yeah maybe that's why I like it. Doug's kind of a loser who might just as soon stay in his room writing his fantasies down instead of actually doing them, but through various means, he experiences a ton of stuff with his friends. He even took ballet and it turned out well. I never wanted to do anything as a kid and I regret it.

While Doug didn't invent most of the high school tropes it uses, it definitely pioneered them for future shows in a way that every high school dramady series after it took bits and pieces from Doug. It was sort of like Code Geass or Ocarina of Time: Neither of them revolutionised their respective tropes, but they did their tropes WELL.

Who got the screencap of Doug's creator getting cucked by Rodger?

NO

This show is the worst piece of garbage ever conceived.

>no weekend doug

Doug is made for punching

Mediocre, but it has some of the weirdest fanart I've ever seen.

Gonna share this gem.

Moments like these and fucked up doug fanart make these threads worth having.

If that story is true, now his crush know everything. He must had dignity at least and keep silence.

The problem with Doug is that most of the shows conflicts where a figment of his own imagination and the resolutions never really came about because of his own actions. The plots just sort of petered out and Doug phoned in a moral

Is that from 8ch?

Why would you tell anyone that story?

Masterpiece

Yes, hence why it looks like shit.

Doug who's more self-absorbed and Judy's a boy

Doug was annoying but the secondary characters were good.

"I've hit red gold"

Judy rules