10 years ago this month, Out of Jimmy's Head premiered being the first of CN's live-action sitcoms...

10 years ago this month, Out of Jimmy's Head premiered being the first of CN's live-action sitcoms. What do you think of this show?

Other urls found in this thread:

desenefaine.ro/search.php?keywords=Din Mintea Lui Jimmy&page=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I liked the movie. Shouldn't have been turned into a TV series though.

Movie was okay, the show was an abomination

would've been more interesting if he had gotten the cartoonist's memories and personality

I didn't really think much of it at the time, I only saw it airing a few times. Rewatching the first episode right now, it's giving me some major Ned's Declassified vibes. It's still not very good, but I'm sure it would've been atleast a little more well received on Nick or Disney Channel

I liked the idea behind it.
The actual execution left much to be desired.
Of course the fact they made his sister an alien just because they could kind of already tells you what type of show it'd end up being.

Looking back it was terrible but I thought the Ambush episode was really funny.

The show was so bad they threw in a laugh track in later episodes in an attempt to convince people it's funny.

It's weird to think half of the show has become Lost Media, or at least from what I hear.

For real though, why were the minority friend/love interest Asian in the movie but black in the show?

It is literally the lowest of the low that CN ever did...Is what I would have said if it weren't for Christina Miller and her Teen Titans GO and PPG reboot.

Like the movie. After watching it I thought it would make a decent series but boy was a wrong

Is lost media now?

the movie was alright, although it was cause of that that this movie was the harbinger of one the shittiest eras CN ever had.

It would've been better if

a) the toons were real, and everyone could see them, and the show focused more on the fact that toons were integrating into the schools, and the funny exploits that came with it. Kind of like the Irish series based on the short Badly Drawn Roy.
In fact they should've just made an American version of that show.

b) they kept the main plot, but got rid of the alien sister. That was random and felt like they were cramming too much zaniness into the show.

Because the asians were like "FUCK THIS" as soon as they were finished with filming and just bailed on the TV deal.

Remember how Jimmy's sister was an alien? What the fuck? Was that really needed? Were the cartoon characters not enough?

Side note, Flo from Progressive Insurance was in the movie.

OR

c) DROP the whole idea all together because it was pretty shitty to begin with.

It's concept of cartoons feels like it came from people who know nothing about cartoons.

I thought the show would have been better had there been cartoon segments every episode.
Like maybe a show of what the Golly cartoons were like or like reality turns into a cartoon from jimmy's perspective.
I think they did the latter once in an episode where Jimmy gets a date with Robin. That episode and the 3D episode that aired along with some other shows are the only memorable ones.
Also the one where they go in the woods and I think Jimmy thinks of his own cartoon character.

It was a TV series and it is lost media.

The show was created by Tim McKeon and Adam Pava: they had done the Weighty Decisions shorts for Sunday Pants (the shoulder Angel/Devil ones) and both were writer's for Foster's.

Tim also wrote some Juniper Lee eps and after Jimmy's head ended would be staff writer on season 1 of adventure time, story editor on Fish Hooks, and a writer on season 1 of Gravity Falls and Wander Over Yonder. currently the creator of some little kids show called Odd Squad.

Pava was also a writer on Gym Partner's a Monkey, and would later be a producer on Glenn Martin DDS

I remember wanting to bone Tinashe when I was 11 and thinking the main character should get a better friend.

>the toons were real
I remember the corcodile bit a woman's hand and she reacted, which confused me

>lowest
>that fake as shit ghost hunters show
>that shitty rollercoaster show
Did the rollercoaster show ever have more than one episode?

it is lost media ? i mean there is a dub version online
desenefaine.ro/search.php?keywords=Din Mintea Lui Jimmy&page=1

For some reason I always thought the guys from Dude What Would Happen? hated each other. I don't know why, I never made it past the opening.

It was garbage even by average tween sitcom standards and led to the downfall of the network as a whole.

There was a pilot movie, and then a year so later it got a series.

I don't remember Destroy Build Destroy being bad

The alien sister confused me most because
A) I remember the effects being HORRIBLE. Like, Amanda Show skit bad, where I couldn't tell if she was supposed to be dressed as an alien or not
B) Even as a dumbass 9 year old I realized that that shit didn't fit with the rest of the show

I don't remember her being in the decent-if-forgettable movie. What was it like when she was pitched? What was the process behind her creation?

Destroy Build Destroy, Dude What Would Happen, and many of the other live action shows were shit. Surprisingly the only good show was Tower Prep but it got cancelled and only had one season unlike the other live action show.