"Modern" animated cartoons are a fucking disgrace

"Modern" animated cartoons are a fucking disgrace.

Other urls found in this thread:

grammar.yourdictionary.com/punctuation/how/how-to-use-quotation-marks.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why are watching an educational cartoon? What are you, a NEEEEEEEEEEEEERD?

yeah

Why do you care? This show is literally meant for school children. You shouldn't be watching it unless you have kids, which I know you don't because you're a Sup Forums user.

Is there rule 34 of her yet?

haha
Yeah it mean to children's so they can do everything

Why did you put the word "modern" in quotation marks?

Yeah he should've put animated in quotes.

I know this is a cursed saying on these boards, but really, it's just for kids.

So why the fuck do you care about it?

Looks like one of those messed up children's cartoons you see on youtube with a billion views

Carlos better at least make some fire ass puns on this reboot, or i'll be pissed.

grammar.yourdictionary.com/punctuation/how/how-to-use-quotation-marks.html

That said, it is atrocious what modern animation has done. The fact they couldn't get decent animators for the reboot of a lucrative, classic kid's cartoon, just about shows that they literally don't know how to make good animation anymore.

That looks nothing like ms frizzle. the fuck is this shit? that's fucking insulting. what the fuck.

Just look at how the bus is shot out of the volcano.

That's just a static .png of the bus on a classic tween in Flash

There's no effort anywhere to be seen here.

Those are soulless eyes.

>insulted that a cartoon he was never going to watch doesn't look like the one he vaguely remembers from childhood

Get a life.

Wow, that's laughably bad.

>blank stare
>no bun
>no gaudy earrings
>no tacky dress that screams "adventure"

fuck you, you filthy casual. it's shit.

>was never going to watch
now that i've seen this, you're right. that's for DAMN sure.

Even pre-schoolers deserve slightly better than this.

Remember adults are forced to shit through this crap, too. The least they can do it make it an ounce of entertaining and decent looking. That's what made some original pre-schooler shows so popular to begin with, like Blues Clues.

looooool pathetic

At least the lava looks good.

Because it's not Ms. Frizzle, it's her sister.

>getting upset over an educational cartoon made for children

if you were seriously ever going to watch this in the first place then you deserve it, holy fuck it's the magic school bus jesus christ

Why the FUCK wouldn't you keep ms frizzle? she too old for you? older people not cool enough? oh hey, that's from the 90s. people who watched that must be baby boomers, right? but keep the students looking the same though!

pathetic

>bioware animations

You are not one of those adults.

>Not the one where they are sliding around on the raft

what happened to the CG stuff? fuck this tweened to hell shit.

>getting upset over an educational cartoon made for children
Then why did the original show bother to look decent.

>lucrative

>Assuming

>grammar.yourdictionary.com/punctuation/how/how-to-use-quotation-marks.html
It still doesn't make any sense.

Why do you give a fuck? The original is still there, and was probably more expensive to make than what was allotted to these chucklefucks.

Netflix spent $78 million on Dr. Seuss' Green Eggs and Ham just so they could copy it word-for-word. They can shell out a decent budget for a classic kids cartoon if they fucking wanted. Quit trying to defend shoddily made products. Shit is still shit. If I gave a two-year old a rattle and it broke instantly, it doesn't matter if it was for a two-year old. It was still a shit made toy.

>ms. frizzle remembers huế 1968

DON'T WORRY, FOLKS! The "new" kids look like the kids in the original show AND they all have the same damn face!

>the original is still here

and it is yet another testament to 90s cartoons being superior

Yeah but they're also increasing in size after being shrunk.

So why don't you get a loan, fund a more high quality animation and dominate the entire industry with this amazing artistic business sense of yours

I mean Lily Tomlin is like 80 and Ms. Frizzle does seem like a pretty demanding role

It's a fucking educational cartoon for children. There is no reason to care about it unless you have children, which I know that you don't. Are you a literal autist that was honestly looking forward to watching this shit?

>Moving goalposts this hard
Did you work on the fucking show or something?

IF YOU THINK IT'S SO SHIT JUST MAKE YOUR OWN CARTOON

>Missing the point
If people could just pump out shit because "who cares, it's for kids" then this wouldn't be seen as a downgrade, just "something we've done since the 80's". But it's not, this is the result of a studio with money trying to reboot something as noticeably cheaply as possible and otherwise butchering characters for the next generation because "who gives a shit, they're kids".

It's why we end up with shit like pic related and the nuPPG. Because people don't fucking care. It gets to a point where having a decent looking reboot like DuckTales is seen as a fucking godsend.

Are you fucking stupid? The original MSB was essentially a masterpiece.

The point is that you're an autist who unironically watches educational cartoons. You have objectively shit taste and should be automatically ignored.

you're trying to bargain.

Lily Tomlin plays the role of Ms. Frizzle. end of story. 80 year old aren't even the oldest people anymore, user.

>it's 2017! in the future, old people are not living longer!

How tight do nostalgia glasses have to be to think this?

You should be the most angry because it sounds like you desperately need these shows the most.

>where do you think we are

Notice the sameface

old people are still old, user

and she does technically play the role of Ms. Frizzle, just not the main Ms. Frizzle who takes the kids on field trips

I don't like it either, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. I'd rather she kept doing Grace and Frankie than blow her voice out trying to go WAHOO

>old people are still old
>we need new stuff because it's 2017

yeah, way to dismiss the point that they're not dead. people are living longer, because it's 2017. you're such a bucket of weak sauce.

You're talking to a board who got the comments disabled for Vampirina videos on Disney Junior because they kept talking about how it was immigration propaganda.

What kind of people do you expect comes to Sup Forums?

that's not even the real reason. the "new" show decided to keep the same fucking students! you have no legs to stand on!

contrary to popular belief, actors are in fact people, not trained monkeys or automatons.
yes it is. She's old and doing another show. That's the reason.

If you only remember the ideas (which were great) and not the animation (which was average) it's pretty easy to do.

I'm seeing a lot of empty talk and excuses but no results from you

The ideas? Fucking what?

>she's old

but somehow the students stayed the exact same age in the show.

>doing another show
right, you think she's so weak and on the edge of life that she can't have two jobs. lol someone get the walker for her! quick, cut up some tennis balls for us to patronize her with!

AARP called. they're angry that you're trying to make her retired.

>people bitching about the animation and not realizing that the budget wasn't that much.

Money is a factor guys.

It's not my job to make a show in response to a poorly animated show. As long as my money is going to Netflix, that's my only job.

if you can't do the job right, don't do it at all. if netflix is in debt, maybe they shouldn't be taking on new projects!

Hey hey now, cut us some slack. Don't go lumbing in Sup Forums, Sup Forums, and /trash/ with actual adult humans such as /tg/, /sci/, and /biz/.

>it's for kids so it's okay if it sucks! Who cares about kids anyway!
>kids develop bad taste
>good content ceases to exist because the public's taste has deteriorated to such an extent
>only formulaic drivel gets produced because it's "popular"
Gee thanks. I'm sure there's literally 0 repercussions to ruining an entire generation's ability to enjoy good content.

>Money is a factor guys.
Netflix has a fucking ton of it though?

THE ACTOR is old, not Ms. Frizzle.

>Because it's not Ms. Frizzle, it's her sister.

I love the fact that Ms.Frizzle just gave up and gave all the slack to her sister.

You subscribed to netflix to watch an educational children's show?

>IF THIS CARTOON ISNT GOOD IT WILL HAVE DISASTROUS CONSEQUENCES FOR THE NEXT GENERATION

Old Frizzle would be a really cool character.

no shit, sherlock. but guess what. you don't get to say what she's to old for when she's already doing other things and would be a wonderful reprisal to her role when she has the time for it. whatever deadline was made should have worked around HER schedule. otherwise there's no point to the fucking show and keeping the kids the same is a fucking contradiction!

I subscribed to Netflix and some of my money goes to productions like this. It doesn't matter if I watch it or not, it's still low quality drivel and I don't have the ability to opt out of giving my subscription money to low-effort kid works.

You sound like a huge shill the way you defend this show.

she absolutely would be.

>THE ACTOR is old, not Ms. Frizzle.

So it Jim Cummings. So what? That's such an arbitrary answer.

>blank stare
If you actually cared about or watched the original, you know frizzle only had two faces, thinking, and abundant happiness with dead eyes. She never reacted to anything.

June Foray kept doing voices until on her deathbed at 99.

Jim Cummings is literally 20 years younger
not everyone is June Foray

>not everyone is June Foray
But that doesn't mean you can make assumptions that people aren't until they outright refuse the job because of it.

For all we know, they pushed her aside and always had plans for it to be Kate as the new VA.

>butchering characters for the next generation because
Come on, they don't show the old MSB is schools, the "next generation" is just getting a cheap educational cartoon. The original wasn't even that good, you were just 9.

>Kids give 2 shits about how an educational show is drawn
Our generation had better animation and look at how shit YOU turned out

Aren't you also making an assumption, then?

>if you actually cared about or watched the original

you can stop right there.

>and the nuPPG

Makes me wonder hot Craig feels about his show being butchered to death.

>omg le shill
>i can't believe you don't care about an eductional cartoon

>Come on, they don't show the old MSB is schools
That's exactly the point? Any 90's kids who grew up and have kids themselves hear there's a new Magic School Bus Show are going to want to show their own kids and get something that is so noticeably cheap, they'll go, "Let's just watch the original instead". I seriously doubt any kids are going to want merch after watching the show. And I doubt Netflix would even bother making it.

No, I'm giving the benefit of the doubt. You allow a person to do something until told otherwise, because then they are given the option to opt out. You don't refuse them work because you assume they can't do it and then later get told they can.

I guarantee they approached her first, she's already working for them on another show, and Netflix would much rather nostalgia-pander as hard as possible rather than just give a little nod.

... How is that chameleon still alive?

>The original wasn't even that good, you were just 9.

this

we're literally talking about a show that only changed ms. frizzle, the cornerstone of the fucking show, and kept the kids the same. stop being willfully retarded.

because it's the same class and OG Ms. Frizzle hasn't aged.

Which MSB game did you guys play?

Solar System was my favorite.

you should both be bitch slapped

My guy, almost every generation has their share of shitty and good cartoons.

Ms. Frizzle isn't changed, this is a new character. The original Ms. Frizzle even cameos.

>it's totally not nostalgia i swear

>isn't changed
>but it's a new character

fuck you, deceitful bitch.

the Ocean one and the Volcano/Geology one

He weeps over his money pillows at night after he bones Lauren.

Except for this current generation, which is getting 90% cheap rehashes and reboots with 10% original content. And I'm including movies and TV shows as well.