That was theatrically released, though.

really? fuck me then

>DVD

Kids these days

Rescuers 2 was theatrical
Best made for video one is probably king of thieves or lion king 2

Mulan 2

/thread

Better than the first, honestly. Rescuers 1 is depressing as hell.

>Straight to DVD

That third Aladdin move was a fun watch when I was a little shit kid.

This

The Bitch and the Tramp, Scamp's Adventure was kinda decent. It had a couple good musical numbers

And now you are a big shit adult.

>depressing
it had a happy ending.

This wouldn't:

youtube.com/watch?v=tqlaPttudUc

There were even Happy Meal Toys. Little projectors I think.

youtube.com/watch?v=c2Im5_HFFi0

>Straight to DVD
REEEEEEEEEE YOUNGFAGS GET OUT!!!

it was the first sequel made by the main disney animation studio.

Newfag. You probably don't even remember all the great shit posting about the Atari 2600 1980 when everyone was spamming 'IT'S OVER ATARI IS FINISHED" threads one right after the other

Please. I'm one of the oldestfags here. You probably don't even remember Namposting back when this was just a ham radio circlejerk club.

>Namposting
Don't remind me that asshole.

Anyone remember that one attention whore who kept using a callsign on an anonymous radio channel

Loved the movie, I think it also served as the ending for the cartoon series. Also, first song is best song; youtube.com/watch?v=Cc9NXKAkSac

Go away with your ancient artifact, baby boomer.

>straight to VHS

fixed it for you

lol baby boomers didn't even have VHS, you spoiled brat. VHS came out in 1976.

This dipshit was giving people cancer over shortwave.

Shit, I remember when happy meals had fun little toys to use around the house, now we're getting children's books and there are only five different books

What? McDs still has toys.

You are correct, I am a huge asshole.

Well might as well watch it again after watching Watership Down and Plague Dogs back to back.

The Rescuers Down Under is part of the Disney Animated Canon, it was one of their only sequels alongside Fantasia 2000 and Winnie-the-Pooh 2011 which are in the canon before Disney decided to make sequels to Wreck-It Ralph and Frozen and add them to the canon.

DC Universe Animated Movies are obligatory, even if I'm not that much of a capeshit fan.

I actually loved all of the straight-to-video Aladdin sequels, as well as the series and the Hercules crossover.
The Lion King sequels are also good. The Lion Guard is shit, though.
101 Dalmatians 2: Patch's London Adventure was also pretty good.
Cinderella 3: A Twist in Time was also really great, especially compared to the trainwreck that is the previous Cinderella sequel.
Beauty and the Beast 2: The Enchanted Christmas also feels like a really nice Christmas movie, and it may be a weak Beauty and the Beast midquel, it's a really great Christmas movie and it's good to watch on it's own, judge the Christmas midquel on it's own merits.
The Tinker Bell straight-to-video movies are also pretty fun.
Bambi II was also pretty good.
Mickey, Donald and Goofy in The Three Musketeers was absolute kino, to the point that it was the only straight-to-video Disney movie to be featured in Kingdom Hearts.

I'm kinda mixed on The Fox and the Hound 2, on one hand, I actually love the country songs and the film has a very nice comfy feel to it; and on the other hand, it feels out of place with the first film, which is actually really dark, and watching the midquel after the first movie feels really awkward.

>Mickey, Donald and Goofy in The Three Musketeers was absolute kino, to the point that it was the only straight-to-video Disney movie to be featured in Kingdom Hearts.
My fellow man of african descent.

Aladdin had no straight to video sequels.

Return of Jafar was the pilot to the TV series and King of Thieves was it's finale.

These cheapquels could be great training ground for 2D animators, before they start working on full theatrical features, but now that Disney killed their 2D department there's no hope for 2D to return into the mainstream.

Because only Disney counts when it comes to animation.

It's a midquel but very much fits the bill

Out of the numerous LBT sequels, these ones were fun and enjoyable adventures

The rest were meh or garbage

You're forgetting Return to Neverland, it is part of the canon

No, it's not canon.

Yes it is

It was made by DisneyToon despite being released in cinemas, not Walt Disney Animation Studios.
It's not part of the canon if it wasn't made by Walt Disney Animation Studios.

I appreciated the visual quality of Return to Neverland, but none of the direct to videos were good. Most weren't even decent.

My headcanon is that the events of 101 Dalmatians 2 set up 102 Dalmatians.

i have something in my eye

Can you send us a scan of your Disney official marketing material manual to confirm this statement

>lion king 2
I hate that one so much.

>and then HIS collar turns yellow.

Yup. I remember finding out about the sequel through the Happy Meal projector toys. Saw a slideshow of the movie before I even saw the movie.

Loved this movie back in the day.

The Rescuers Down Under was fucking great. Watched it tons of times as a kid when he had a VHS copy of it.

Jake was my first cartoon crush.

How do you hate the movie with the best Villain Song ever made by Disney?

why the hell did they insist on making so many 'land before time' movies anyway?

both of the goofy movies were great

That got a theatrical release in some countries.

Scamp's adventure was my shit. I still listen to "a world without fences" at the gym. Shits hype

Poland confirms.

Great thread dumbass

You forgot that they adapted the sequel to Lilo and Stich for that one boss in Birth By Sleep

>why the hell did they insist on making so many 'land before time' movies anyway?
Because they didn't know when to stop

Balto 2 was better. Aleu is better than Balto's son.

Stone of Cold Fire was my earliest exposure to kino

It's way better than secret of nimh 2

Lion King 1 1/2 was freaking hilarious

>why the hell did they insist on making so many 'land before time' movies anyway?
They didn't know when to stop

Me too, after Journey Through the Mists

>classy lady and peasant

But not in the only country that matters

>But not in the only country that matters

Japan?

Top tier taste.

Only the first Land Before Time movie was good. All of the sequels got progressively more faggy.

>kissing lower class worker

how indecent!

Nice shit taste faggot

They started becoming really shitty musicals after the first one. It was really embarrassing to watch.

The musical element was fine you fun hater

Germany got a theatrical release, but in America it's direct to DVD

Why thank you user

Balto 3 had a more interesting story though.

I think it was direct to VHS in France as well...

>ywn have an adventurous Hungarian waifu

Eddie!

Literally saw that in theaters as a babby

The best of couples usually.

reverse never happens.

>that pic
took a bit but kek.

Hmm, very true. I wonder why?

this the scene with the naked lady

>both of the goofy movies were great

Reminder that it still isn't available on bluray or anything with higher quality than an old vhs

No, this is. Sorry for shit quality.

>Hungarian sex goddess and completely flappable everyman

It's true though. Past the third one they were complete garbage, deader than Cera's original VA.