CBR: The Shilling Never Stops

I don't know which is worse. That Marvel has shills posting on CBR, or that these people are genuine. I scream, for I do not know.

Story is secondary to watching your favorite characters have good things happen to them.

>I-I s-swear guys i-it's not a cy-cynical cashgrab i-it's a pi-piece of w-work

Why are MarlelShills so pathetic?

>Ironically Secret Empire seems to have sold better than expected
WTF is he smoking

>wah wah stop bullying muh marvel

Huh, so that's where that thread earlier got its pasta from.

Why are you faggots even going to CBR?

Honestly what do you expect? Every forum has their share of blind sycophants who praise everything. Even Uwe Boll has a total of 4 fanatic retards in his forums.

Isn't it selling worse than CW2?

It's the second worst selling company wide event in marvel history.

I've enjoyed every legacy issue so far except Wolverine

No way. Worse than Age of Ultron, AXIS and Monster Unleashed?

you know you're on the deep end if you're defending that piece of shit iron man generations one shot

Why user? Didn't you like how Riri would be the greatest futurist in the galaxy?

Axis is the worst selling company wide event in marvel history.
Age of ultron was fucking horrible but was selling over 100k at the last issue.
Monster Unleashed is not really an event more of a mini series.
So, yeah Secret Empire is shit and sold like shit.

Unironically, what is worse is getting butthurt about stuff like this.

Like how miserable must you be, in order to not be able to enjoy comic books and instead get mad enough to rant about it on a Taiwanese knitting forum?

Janitard, janitard, fat little janitard, full of lard, height of 5 foot, couldn't get a job at pizzahut, changing lightbulbs for a living, can't afford turkey for thanksgiving, inbred midget janitard, inbred midget janitard

Janitard, janitard, fat little janitard, full of lard, height of 5 foot, couldn't get a job at pizzahut, changing lightbulbs for a living, can't afford turkey for thanksgiving, inbred midget janitard, inbred midget janitard

Janitard, janitard, fat little janitard, full of lard, height of 5 foot, couldn't get a job at pizzahut, changing lightbulbs for a living, can't afford turkey for thanksgiving, inbred midget janitard, inbred midget janitard lol

Janitard, janitard, fat little janitard, full of lard, height of 5 foot, couldn't get a job at pizzahut, changing lightbulbs for a living, can't afford turkey for thanksgiving, inbred midget janitard, inbred midget janitard 8ch net slash irc

Interesting.
You happen to know the DC equivalents off the top of your head?

t. Quesada

Janitard, janitard, fat little janitard, full of lard, height of 5 foot, couldn't get a job at pizzahut, changing lightbulbs for a living, can't afford turkey for thanksgiving, inbred midget janitard, inbred midget janitard 8ch net irc wew lad

Yes, how dare people have an opinion or critic a series of comics that are bad now matter how much you sugar-coat them.

Why do you even bother then? Capes have ALWAYS been 95% shit.

Yeah the site owners are massive cunts for nuking the forums erasing their past just cause they felt a few trolls hurt some special snowflakes fee fees. Who would trust a forum like that? Of course it's forums are imbedded by MarShit SJewshills.

Axis wasn't the worst selling company event, and I enjoyed it ;_;

>Secret Empire sold well
It's one of the worst selling events and dropped off the 100K line pretty quickly. It didn't tank as hard as Monster Unleashed but it tanked worse that most events

When someone gets a dick in the ass, he can either enjoy it, or rage. Apparently, it seems like more people raged, which is good.

Why do you breathe? You will die anyway.
This is your logic

Why do people believe everyone is a shill?

Let's be honest marvel doesn't have cash to pay people to post nice things about them. CBR and Sup Forums aren't that influential. Reading a post about how someone liked a book on a comic forum isn't an advertisement, it's what they are for.

Remember just because you disagree with someone doesn't mean you uncovered a large corporate conspiracy.

That's retarded even for a strawman.

I live because I enjoy life. And I read capes because I enjoy them, even though I accept it's not the pinnacle of writing. Like I enjoy pop music.

But you, you don't enjoy it, obviously. So why do you even bother with capes?

Sometimes life sucks, do you stop living, or do you think what went wrong, and how could it improve?
>strawman
Your intentions are transparent, and you will be dealt a hand of God, you monkey

Don't be silly. My personal tastes are so manifestly correct that the only way anyone would ever disagree with me is if they were being paid off by a shadowy nebulous conspiracy.

I'm sure that part of the fact that my life doesn't suck is because I don't waste my time on a hobby I don't enjoy.

Capes is not even a serious issue,why would you be negative about them?

Why wouldn't I? It's my life, and I can be negative about anything I want. Fuck off

Because we are optimists, and we want to believe that people aren't that stupid to defend something so blatantly shitty. Also, it's one thing to enjoy something, but another to actively attack anyone who considers something shitty, and write a wall of text about how it's not shitty, and how marvel is actually winning.

There are posts that are genuine, and posts that sound like blatant marketing

Axis's sales suffered because it came out the same year as Original Sin.

Ok, you can just admit you're a miserable faggot then.

You can discuss the comics you like, I believe that is what this board was about when it was created. But no, let's do company wars instead. Cool, I'll just go for a storytime.

>Ok, you can just admit you're a miserable faggot then.
Where do you think you are. You don't belong here. Go back to r e d d i t, This place is obviously not for you

Or maybe, just maybe, they like something you don't and are busy deluding themselves.

The two comments OP posted were "I liked it" and "I think there will be better things down the road."

Clearly optimism and preferences are all faked.

Have you even read my post? Are you really trying to tell me that these people in OP are genuine? Because if yes, then fuck this gay earth. It's one thing to like something, but another to actively reply to ANY criticism, because this is what these two fucks are known for.

>capes have been 95% shit
To you, maybe. There are people who might enjoy the average cape and find this worse. Is that not allowed?

actual shills have read the handbook on manipulating forum discussion and know to begin the thread by going into how shit something is, but leaving intentional flaws in their arguments that they can then pick holes in via sockpuppet accounts/phoneposting,

This here And how they write is just shilling, they dont even need to be paid, shilling is shilling for a product.

This is something that I actually noticed. It's also worth noting that there are usually two / three simultaneous posters attacking one person.

Considering they are inteligent or good.
Notmally you habe politicians or presidents that do or say stuff that is considered decent. But still many stumble over small things. Or corporations nuke their product with pr or advertisments.
Reality =\= ideal behaviour

that's the only one i found was actually ok

I know you're just joking but me liking it or not is actually a non-factor. it was 30 pages of cringeworthy ego stroking. Honestly it was the least impactful of all the generations issues thus far, character development-wise.

If you post some triggering post, you can be sure it will get more reaction. Its like posting some Dobbson or Shad things. You will get more replies.

Of course it's 30 pages worth of ego stroking. It's a Bendis OC, he'd flay you alive if something bad happened to them.

The question is, does criticizing marvel count as triggering post?

in recent history? future's end and convergence were pretty fucking terrible and sold like shit near the end from what I remember. The punchline is I think those are the only two company wide events that dc made in the last 11 years, 2 events that both bombed.

Well, I don't really find delusion a valid form of opinion.

Right. Why don't you go back to Sup Forums instead?

after typing this post, I just remembered forever evil was also a company wide event that sold fairly well

also countdown

Sup Forums is still Sup Forums. You on the other hand, don't belong here, you belong on completely different website, and should get the fuck out of here.

I don't belong here because I'm not a shithead like you? I've been here since this board was created.

oh yeah there's that as well, 11 years was my bad, it's actually just 5 years I meant to only count the new 52 era.

Which year was it. Don't use google

It depends on how you write the post and what pic you attach.
Not without a reason some write "how will xy defend this" or "this destroys fanboys, boyah!"

You are a complete shithead, which is why you should get the fuck out

seriously man, fuck bendis. the cover advertised the classic stark suit and the entire story was dr. stark. Now I know why there were no previews of the issue.

Yeah, let me get my diary. Why don't I remember something trivial from 10 years ago?

Explain

They also advertised that everything in Legacy matters and won't be about time travel/ Alt realities. Are marvel fans basically abused wives?

Nah. You're not worth my time. I'm out of this thread

Good luck on Sup Forums

worse, marvel fans are abused mistresses.

marvel isn't even trying to hide the fact that it's not marketing to their core audience anymore and just are a big soapbox for their writers.

People who think capes are inherently bad don't have any business reading capes.
People who are not reading capes have no business discussing capes.
What the fuck are you doing here, then?

Even 5years, wikipedia lists 33 events. The question is ere you draw the line of being an event that you count in your list.

I read this in Werner Herzog's voice.

Well Marvel is trying to shift their audience from the old core audience to the newer generation but the problem with that is that the people they're trying to reach don't read comics/read it on tumblr or whatever and at the same time alienates their old fans. I mean I get why they would want to change audiences, old fans are probably old as shit/dead but they're transitioning so fast that it just hurts everyone, it sucks since I used to be big on Marvel.

I read and enjoy capes.
I;m just not deluding myself that they are some kind of secret masterpiece art.

Yes we are, like every other fan where they pull pr stunts. Before rebirth it was DC fans.

If you enjoy capes, that means capes do a good job at entertaining you. Same goes for other Sup Forumsmrades, most of the time.
Which would mean it makes sense for them to point out when a certain capecomic makes a spectacularly bad job at failing to entertain them, unlike most capes who do a good job at it.
We call those that fail to do a good job "good" and the others "bad". It had never anything to do with being a "secret masterpiece of art".
Which of course is something you knew when you complained about people
>being butthurt about about stuff like this
, but being the time-wasting pseudo-troll that you are, it didn't stop you from posting shit, did it, faggot?

>Someone's shitting on BASED MARVEL! Save us mod!

that's true. I think something of secret empire or civil wars magnitude are those DC events that span more than 5 titles and lasts for more than 3 months, added bonus if it touches on almost all the ongoing titles also (eg. forever evil's villain oneshots)

>Remember just because you disagree with someone doesn't mean you uncovered a large corporate conspiracy.
I don't think anyone is laughing at them because they think they're paid shills. I think people are laughing because they're total drones.

I can mostly agree with you. But what i see as the problem is that the younger audience like more mangas, computer games (thats why story/walking games are popular) and grow up with rather classic version (all these reboots and film starts with first stories) to get access to the evolved/successor storylines

the bad writing as well as the blatant deemphasis on the original characters certainly doesn't help

Yeah I kinda agree, you need to have a passion for comics to start with it. I always loved cape when I was a kid although I only ever started buying like 4 years ago? when I was 17. cape stuff are intimidating since they're so much to absorb to understand but when you reach the point where you finally understand what the fuck is happening, it feels fulfilling to hop at your LCS and pick up your pulls.

Ok than there are fewer events by dc. But i guess they have the same amount of events. Would be interesting to count them for both companies.

He'd hate to be here I guess.

CBR has always been shill central for marvel.

Neogaf of Sup Forums

Right, i forgot that marvel dont try to make the eaders coming back for more.

Indeed. As an example, my nephew likes Hulk, i told him that Amadeus is the new Hulk and he knows there are several other Hulk. But he likes or plays Bruce Banner Hulk. Why? Because every other media has Banner Hulk. Thats why Superman is Clark Kent. You learn he is the ancestor or original one. And this isnt bad, but shows that you should be more carefull with changing heros.

I think Marvel really dropped the ball on changing Jane to "Thor" I mean, Thor is getting more popular because of the movies so if people did want to get into Thor they'd be surprise why he's a chick now.

tfw some Marvel shills do it FOR FREE

Did the guy make a thread on both Reddit or Sup Forums, or did someone just copy pasta it?

>People become bitter or pissed when they're called nazis, white supremacists, sexists, bigots etc. for not liking shitty character that happen to be minorities and/or gay.

Whoda thunk

This. I may shit on ComicVine, but even that place is less of a shithole than CBR. Fucking Sup Forums is less of a shithole. CBR is a perfect example of what happens when both admins and users are total faggots.

Comicvine is still alive?

If you hate Marvel so much, why do you keep making threads about them?

How can one man be so based?!

>Mosai creator and writer
>One of the worse selling comics of the Big 2 in a long ass time
>Saying that the community rewards talent with sales
Ow-kay

He's not wrong, the sales really do reflect it. Just not in the way he thinks. Its like everyone else points out this corpse stinks of rot and he insists its actually a guy who sleeps and that the stink of rot actually smells good and rest of us are jealous we don't enjoy smelling farts like he does.

Why are you coming here to complain about CBR? Fuck off

But this thread isn't about an opinion on comics, it's an opinion about some random person's opinion. How autistic do you have to be.

At least crop that hair out.

Someone that casual amd that normie doesn't go to Sup Forums, it's obvious some user pasta'd here just to troll.