yuki.la/co/81120654
yuki.la/co/94851839
yuki.la/co/94897168
www30.zippyshare.com/v/pLEk0S8y/file.html
www30.zippyshare.com/v/CMyJ9Lja/file.html
www99.zippyshare.com/v/JNXnr24I/file.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Anyone readin'?

Always nice to read. I see they dropped the ghost angle hard though, which is a shame.

I don't get it

YESSS! Original requester here, thank you!

Even if I miss any of your threads, trust me, I search the archive for new Pope Hats story time pretty much every day.

could someone storytime something fun next

OUT!

I think you misread, it's clearly called Poke Twats

Seriously though I'm pretty sure the author said in his first Inkstuds interview why he called it that.
I look at it like Jaime H. dropping the sci-fi elements out of the Locas arc but obviously in a much more condensed length of time
Apologies to you. Day off, no responsibilities, just gonna work on my own shit, storytime (may well do 4 later--don't hold me to it, it's all scanned just not split the spreads and edited 'em yet) and do some cooking. Thanks for your patience mate.
Btw, are you the same user who wants Mowgli's Mirror storytiming?
Heh hope you buzzed a little at seeing 21 pages already posted when you checked out the catalog!
Thanks for reading, Ethan Rilly should be proud of having such cool fans like you and --Apologies to you too, sir.

Hah!
Give me some ideas, man. Tim Hensley? He's "fun". Any other Anons think of any "fun" alt/art/UG stuff? I really want to storytime some old Roy Crane Wash Tubbs and Captain Easy Sunday strips some time but I never see many old newspaper strip storytimes, except Peanuts and Calvin And Hobbes. Oh, old newspaper strip called king Aroo is very fun.

I'm sure I have at least one alternative series you would enjoy.

Shit, you made me forget where I was, dude...

Yes, I am the same user who wants Mowgli's Mirror storytiming. And no need to apologize for anything!

why is this considered good again? because he edits some semi-prestigous anthology?

he does? which one?

Who else thinks Ethan Rilly's line is a thing of absolute beauty? Precise, yet loose enough to be "alive". Gorgeous work.
Ah, okay. And bless you for saying so man, real life can interfere with Sup Forums (and my comics reading/creating in general!) but I still feel like apologies are in order, especially since you and everyone else ITT seem so damn cool. I mean, you must be, you like Pope Hats, amirite?!
I think maybe you're getting mixed up with Sammy Harkham, dude...

Aww yiss!

Love you, man!

Previous storytimes:

Pope Hats 1 (storytimed by CricketsThreadAnon): yuki.la/co/94955255
Pope Hats 2 (storytimed by CricketsThreadAnon): yuki.la/co/95057849

(Crickets 1 and 2 can be found on libgen.io/)
Crickets 3 (not sure who storytimed this): yuki.la/co/94675326
Crickets 4 (storytimed by CricketsThreadAnon): yuki.la/co/81120654
Crickets 5 (storytimed by CricketsThreadAnon): yuki.la/co/94851839
Crickets 6 (storytimed by CricketsThreadAnon): yuki.la/co/94897168

Cheers m'man

Did you get #5 yet?

Those feels, man....
Did I heck. Even left a note on the front door for postie when I had to pop to the corner shop for 10 minutes. Still, my shop do say 3-5 days, Pretty sure it'll be here no later than Saturday. I'll be VERY surprised if it doesn't land by then.
Isn't it 60 pages or something? Another user actually told me...

Yeah, 64 pages.

Sixty-FOUR! Fuuuck! Thanks for the info mate

Feel free to storytime that issue in two parts. lol

Hey man, if Dan Dashly (where is he btw? Is he stillaround?) can storytime long-ass Kerascoet books then I can do a 64-page comic in one go, my friend!

Patiently waiting for Zippy at the end...

I got you, user.

...and that, my friends, was that...
Two quick, themed 1 pagers...

"Massively effusive praise from alternative cartooning legends" or; the letters page

Inner back cover

...and no fuckups this time! Well, desu there was one but I think I deleted the post before anyone started reading...hope you all enjoyed that, I think it was a great issue myself...no Frannie n' Vickie story in #4, but I think you all know that already...great issue, though.

I've no idea who this author is, but this comic is pretty good.

Source: this thread.

Thank you very much! You are the best, CricketsThreadAnon! What are the chances you will storytime issue 4 later this week?

Along with Skyscrapers of the Midwest and a coupla themed anthologies I think this is the best thing adHouse has ever published. I guess Rilly is crazy-loyal or something 'cause I BET he's had offers from other publishers...maybe he'll take the collection elsewhere or something? I feel he'd be a good fit at Koyama or D & Q...what do you guys reckon?
Well, I just post it but I'm glad you enjoyed it! Storytimes for previous issues kindly compiled here:. If you liked this, try Crickets, especially issues 3-6, it's all one arc.
This week?!?! Man, I wanna try to do #5 if it comes no later than Saturday! So good. No promises 'cause I gotta draw n' shit and watch a film or something BUT if I can get done what I want to get done then will get #4 up tonight. But if not no later than Saturday.
Actually, depending on when #5 comes I think I may storytime it (#5, I mean) early next week because obviously I want to read it first. But if it comes tomorrow then I'll try for, say, Sunday.
And no, YOU are the best! I know I just post the work but I'm really glad you get such a kick outta these comics, mate! Thank YOU, especially for your patience!

>Pope Hats 001 (2009) (CricketsThreadAnon)
www30.zippyshare.com/v/pLEk0S8y/file.html

>Pope Hats 002 (2011) (CricketsThreadAnon)
www30.zippyshare.com/v/CMyJ9Lja/file.html

>Pope Hats 003 (2012) (CricketsThreadAnon)
www99.zippyshare.com/v/JNXnr24I/file.html

Can we get zippys for Crickets too?

Great news! I will check back later today then, but no worries if you won't end up having time today to storytime issue 4. What are you drawing btw?

Okay my man!
I draw my own comics, like every other motherfucker on here! I self-publish with my A3 printer/scanner, it's a wonder machine. Takes heavy paper stock, gives great copies, lovely, dark blacks...there's a reason I call it The Beast, hah!
Working on a little min-comic at the moment , I'm obsessed with the Russian film Hard To be A God, it's kind of a cross between that and Waiting For Godot. Tragicomedy, I suppose...

Up here my dude, thank this AnonCrickets 1 and 2 are good but the artistic leap between 2 and 3 is incredible. And I don't just mean the art. 3 to 6 is one arc, "The Blood of the Virgin" about a b-movie horror film editor/screenwriter/director in '70's LA, he has a wife and kid but screws around a little, really great, believable character, I think it's probably the best "art"/"literary" comic on the stands at the moment. If you like, I want to say "serious" mode Clowes and Tomine's recent Optic Nerve stuff (like the Killing and Dying book which I believe just collected issues 12-14?-correct me if I'm wrong, I have the floppies, not the book!) then I think you'll pretty likely dig Crickets 3 to 6.
Lol @ this similarly tentative TCJ reviewer and his scanning technique! Those shadows! And I guess it was a complimentary review copy! Suddenly, I feel validated....actually this book looks pretty damn cool, I have quite a few Secret Acres books, like the Ken Dahl/Gabby Schulz stuff (it's one person, I think you know that, though; I should storytime Monsters or Sick sometime...Sick is one of the most scathing indictments of the US healthcare system combined with more self-hatred and doubt than you could shake a stick at, beautifully grotesque drawing...it's like being punched in the gut. One of the best autobio comics I've ever read, as is Monsters, which is about how herpes affected his life and primary relationship. Fucked up, but great, great comics, such an under-rated cartoonist) and John whatsisname, he was in Kramers 7, not Hankiewicz (waiting for my comic shop to get his new book in for me), he does weird coloured pencil comics about wolves and shit...anyway, yeah, Secret Acres are great.

Sorry I guess these aren't zippys but I dunno the diff, I'm technologically incompetent, sorry.

By Zippy I meant direct download, I browsed the threads but they seem to be mixed up as hell.

Yeah I fucked up the storytimes in a couple of places...it was 'cause I scan as double-page spreads, sometimes I can get away with posting as is but mostly the files are too big so I have to cut them up, and this lead to some confusion when posting. I have that issue sorted out now though! Apologies, friendo.

Like I said in a thread, someone on a private trackers is scanning them too, still needs to do 5 and 6, when that's done I'll upload it here.

Maybe I'll upload the first four before, but not now.

Alright, I can wait. Thanks!

Crickets 1 and 2 are already on libgen.io

No need to upload them here.

OG requester here again. Just finished reading this issue and have to say that while I recognize that Blood of the Virgin by Harkham is probably better than Franny's story in Pope Hats, I have to admit that I like the latter more so far. Franny is just such a likeable character!

Also, I'm happy that Rilly decided not to use the ghost from issue 1 again!

She totally is! Ohan bad news, just read on TCJ that #5 wraps up the Vickie and Frannie arc :(
I suppose that means we'll get an actual BOOK from Rilly though, which will be cool o have. Still got mad respect for him as one of a handful of cartoonists keeping the ongoing alternative floppy alive, though.

bump

this