Did Sup Forums peak with hope corgi?

Did Sup Forums peak with hope corgi?

What's the deal with this dog? I know it's supposed to be hope counterpart of red lantern kitty but did Sup Forums have any part in creating it?

its entirely a Sup Forums fan creation and has never actually appeared in any green lantern stories

I thought he was going to appear in a green lantern

I think it was a joke from an author.

Vendetti did say he MIGHT write it, I mean the Blue Lantern Corps are coming back. Might be lip service but you gotta Hope for the best lads.

Is creating fanart the purpose of Sup Forums? Or would it be to create memes?

His name is Dex Starr, fool. Respect the cat

I'd be satisfied with a simple cameo in the back of a big group shot featuring the Blue Lantern Corps.

does the writer know it was Sup Forums who created the hope dog?

There's really not much to him, it's just a cute design with literally no story or character elements attached to it.
So yeah I guess that sums up Sup Forums fine.

we do both. most of our fanart involves memes

Ha. Most Sup Forums creations are all about overworking a concept until all the life is sucked out of it and trying to get their fetishes into it.

Hope Corgi is pure.

I liked the one back story where he was one of those dogs they have in hospitals for kids with cancer.

Yes, yes, we know drawfag, you fags think a design is all there is to a character and writing is a sin that should never be attempted, so everything that surpasses design phase HAS to be thrown into the trash. So we're left with things that are literally just a design like Hope and Sup Forumslette to sum up Sup Forums, otherwise drafags get mad.
>implying drawfags aren't the prime reason everything Sup Forums is fetishit
Funny.

r34 of hope corgi where?

You are bad.

but I'm just your friendly neighborhood user. how bad can I be?

No, it's both. You have too many cooks who want to try to pull whatever is popular at the moment in their direction. One drawfag hates one design element and kicks it, or has a fetish and enhances it. And yes writefags get favourite drawfags and try to cater to them. coughpsuedofolioCough

Some writefag thinks excessively detailing every element of a character will make people more interested in it while all it does it narrow the stories that can come from it. When you basically spitball all the character's possible stories in public people feel like they already know the character and don't feel the need to work on them. Why do you think Autistic fan-creators latch onto background characters with little story? Because there's more wiggle room.

In the end I look at Sup Forums stuff as a jumping off point. Not an actual creative universe. If I like an idea I'm going to take it for myself.

Thanks for outing yourself as a self important writefag. I bet you try to pay artists in exposure.

Using the latest meme dog and make him a lantern is absolutely nothing special

>implying Hope Corgi is new
Spotted the newfag

>When you basically spitball all the character's possible stories in public people feel like they already know the character and don't feel the need to work on them.
If you don't do that, you end up with a lump of half-baked, stillborn concepts that go nowhere and die as soon as the anons in the thread have finished masturbating to it, after which point people lose interest and move on to the next thing, which doesn't also get finished and so on, and nothing ever gets off the ground.

It speaks volumes about the quality of this board and its produce that no one on this board can handle the slightest bit of rigor.

You're missing the point. Talking about your creative endeavors too much in public creates the feeling of having made the product. It's why so little webcomics get far. It's why so little things Sup Forums comes up with get far.

Having a small group of people you trust to work on ideas with is fine, publicly spilling all your WIP beans makes you feel like you already did the work.

So you just get a thread of idea guys(Not writers or artists) that want to see their ideas put into something and less and less creative people because they get tired of it.

started writing an origin for him this weekend but just was not feeling it. Will try again this weekend

yeah that's the one I'm working on. Cancer is just not a nice topic to write about so I have to be in a writing mood

Wow, how new are you nignog?