Free Speech under atack

Let's see CTR defend this one:
>Be me, see a post on Yik Yak saying racial preferences in dating are racist
>Ask if we need affirmative action in the bedroom now, and am I transphobic for not dating a chick with a dick
>72 hour ban
And we're crazy for saying free speech is under attack?

Businesses aren't obligated to provide you free speech, they usually have all sorts of terms and conditions. You're free to start your own business, if you don't like the terms and conditions. That's how it's always been. Now, if the government is silencing it's political opponents, that's a different issue, that's what "free speech" means in constitutional terms. I'm not saying that what Yik Yak did is morally right, but 1) businesses have no obligation to be moral and 2) it certainly doesn't mean we're turning into 1984.

t. not-CTR

I mean, you're not wrong. But this kind of shit is everywhere.

not in fb, not in twitter, not in Sup Forums and not everywhere else.
just your go-to site.
simply fuck off from there and stop bitching

>Using that shitpile

What the fuck did you expect of a platform dominated by college kids indoctrinated in cultural Marxism?

>private business =/= utility

AT&T has to sell phone service to Nazis.

>businesses aren't obligated to provide you free speech

But they are obligated to bake you a gay wedding cake?

He has a fair point.

This is because the left can't coheerently argue with logic and reason, so they just ban you or scream racist

But what happens when Facebook, Google, Yik Yak, Fedex, Kinkos, and At&t all ban racist speech and literally the only way to say something racist is verbally in person? Could one consider this suppression of free speech?

I would.

You're still free to create platforms that do allow that stuff.

Some of these instruments of communication, like cell phones, are so common that everyone has one and AT&T has a virtual monopoly. Technically they are a private company but when they're such a huge part of everyday life shouldn't constitutional freedoms still apply?

No because you don't actually need a phone to communicate, no matter how big a part of your life you think it may be.

Although if we lived in a truly capitalist system, AT&T wouldn't be able to build a monopoly, so i'd be more concerned about the fucked up economic system than about SJW trying to ban racism online

You don't need free speech to communicate, no matter how big a part of your life you think it may be.

It's big for spreading a message. Imagine if AT&T got on the Trump hater bandwagon and eliminated his whole campaigns service.

You don't have free speech on someone's private website.

Get a clue.

They had a monopoly in the 90s (I think) then it was broken up into several smaller companies, which were all eventually purchased again.

Russia bringing facts to the discussion

Keep this level of retardation on

>not in fb, not in twitter, not in Sup Forums
wrong on three fucking counts