Marvel And Star Wars Films To Move From Netflix To New Disney OTT Service

Welp

deadline.com/2017/09/marvel-star-wars-films-move-netflix-new-disney-ott-service-1202163292/

>“We’re going to launch big, and we’re going to launch hot” by late 2019, he told the Bank of America Merrill Lynch 2017 Media, Communications & Entertainment Conference. He expects to include four or five original series, and three or four Disney-branded movies per year on the new service.

What new exciting Marvel property you want to be made into a series and hope to not turn out into a shitfest like Inhumans?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=le2R2Ps58pQ
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is Disney going to remove Marvel/Netflix's shows too, or are they just going to remove their movies?

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy

For fucks sake, are all these corporations trying to make me pirate their stuff? I'm too much of a poorfag to afford paying for all these streaming services that are popping up once companies take their stuff off of Netflix.

Just the movies, and probably Agents of SHIELD and Agent Carter. The Netflix shows were made under contract with Netflix so Netflix probably has partial ownership of them, or at least exclusive distribution rights.

The Netflix shows were actually bought by Netflix so I highly doubt they're going to be going anywhere.

I think you're most likely going to see a split into Netflix Marvel shows and Disney Marvel shows. If I had to guess I'd say we'll get 2-4 Netflix shows a year that are focused on doing gritty and realistic takes on superheroes while we'll see 1-2 Disney shows that will probably skew more towards the family-friendly, comedic and scifi, more like Agents of SHIELD.

I personally think the next wave of Netflix shows should be Ghost Rider, Man-Thing, Howard the Duck and Tomb of Dracula (Blade). Maybe with Jack Russel and Brother Voodoo making appearances.

Unfortunately like EA with Origin, Disney is the only distributor big enough to make their digital service actually stick, so we're gonna be dealing with this for awhile.

>Netflix probably has partial ownership of them, or at least exclusive distribution rights.

no

they have DVD seasons out now also

But I don't want to subscribe to five different streaming services to watch movies, I only want to subscribe to one.

It's not going to be the one that only has Disney movies.

>But I don't want to subscribe to five different streaming services to watch movies, I only want to subscribe to one.
I bet you, in five years time, there will be a streaming service that only condenses the rest of them into one big bundle. They'll call it, Cable.

Honestly man, I'm sick of this shit and it's the reason I went back to cable. At least they're steady and I'm not shopping around for three or four streaming services at the same time.

How this will affect the Punisher and Daredevil series?

RIP netflix

based Disney

Was the right time to make this decision the exact month everyone realized the Netflix Marvel Universe was out of gas?

this is stupid and I hope it fails. People aren't going to pay for multiple streaming services

ugh

Okay maybe net neutrality is a bad thing. How many fucking things am I gonna have to pay for just to watch one goddamn show

youtube.com/watch?v=le2R2Ps58pQ

Read the article, it's just for marvel films, not the netflix marvel shows

see besides, Netflix foots half (or more of) the bill. And ABC isn't exactly clamoring for stuff...though the irony Shonda Rhimes is moving to Netflix is kind of amusing.

Shonda Rhimes didn't sell the rights of her stuff to the Mouse
Or did she?

>RIP netflix
Wouldn't Netflix just sighed up with DC to make tv-MA arrowverse shows?

>disney still thinks they have enough content to support a streaming service by themselves
Disney execs are notorious for being perfectionist assholes. It'll never launch.

Wow, that was stupid

How about The Inhumans? Does this mean I can give money directly to Disney to thank them for realizing my favorite characters on IMAX?

The real question is how long or will there even be a window between theatrical and streaming release.

nah they made some announcement that her next few shows were being made for Netflix.

And Scandal ends this year. I forget if the Murder College one or the hospital one are still on.

DC is making their own streaming service too, with even less content. Literally just Teen Titans and Young Justice

At the very least, I'd say it's unlikely that past The Defender's and The Punisher (and possibly any other Marvel/Netflix shows in production that haven't been announced yet) we're probably not going to be getting anymore from them.

This is the fucking reason why people pirate in the first fucking place.

Disney should just buy Netflix and put everything on it.

And if DC wanted to pair with an existing streaming service they would obviously go with the WB-owned HBO

That's not a bad idea...however Netflix is now worth over 60 billion dollars...even for Disney that's a lot of money

Netflix carries a MASSIVE amount of accruing debt. Nobody in their right mind would buy them out at this point and put that amount of red in their books, especially because the streaming market is only going to open up further in the coming years and the potential to become the defining service is wide open and for the taking.

People have been thinking that Netflix is the ubiquitous Google of streaming, but as it turns out with each passing month they're becoming more and more like the early-starter Yahoo of the group and our perception is far too immediate to properly gauge its inherent weakness. It's just going to take one powerhouse to really fuck everything up for them and send them into permanent second place, or bury them outright. Reducing the sweetheart Disney deal is step one.

>Yet another fucking propietary streaming service with barely a dozen worthwhile things on it.

I get why they do it, but I really wish they fucking wouldn't because I'm not subscribing to twenty different streaming services.

They bought up Millarworld properties so stuff like Nemesis and Kick Ass 3 are going to be made.

Torrent it is, then.

I can see streaming dying because every distributor wants to have their own streaming service, splitering the Netflix catalog into a dozen of services, but since most people don't want to pay for a bunch of services and can't keep up with who makes what everything is going down the shitter.

The only service I need is Pirate Bay.

> a hundred different streaming services
> each with different catalogues per country

At this point I'm only paying for Amazon Prime, Netflix and Crunchyroll. Everyone else can fuck themselves.

at this point I'm just going to keep cable

Dunno man, you see some dark shit in Agents of Shield.

The only real difference between AoS and ABC-Netflix shows is that Agents of Shield don't have getting blacked scenes without showing any of the genitals.

>I can see streaming dying
Then you have a really poor vision of the future. The money is there. The content is there. The only thing is waiting for the playing field to level out. An entire means of broadcast won't just vanish. Unification is inevitable, because the market will demand it and the money will prove the incentive. It all might just end up mirroring the habits of a communication utility service like cable where you go with a provider that has company packages that are cheaper than the sum total of buying them separately.

Only the ESPN portion of this is relevant because they do have truly exclusive rights to things, but even then their ratings have been down so maybe that won't be a big draw either.

But for everything else you can buy the bluray and at least own it forever.

Cable in general doesn't fund things I like like The Tick or F is for family.

and I don't care about those things, nothing of value lost

Disney has a massive library of material to pull from though.

why would you watch all those channel bogged down with commercials, shitty programming that you can't watch on demand? and pay 10 times the amount for it?

on demand comes with cable and I use commercials to shitpost

Good for you? I just explained why I pay for those services vs cable and the like.

you still have to wait for something to air, maybe program it into the DVR so it records it. All that work you might as well pirate it.

Well yeah we were talking about the personal choice aspect of it. On the rare occasion I want to try something on streaming I just use a free trial, but it doesn't have enough to keep it all the time.

I don't pay for the DVR feature. But I don't know, I never found waiting for releases to be that annoying.

so have they only released the netflix shows on dvd? thats all I can find I was really hoping I could get the blurays instead of using netflix shitty player. It just does not care how fast my speed is if it drops for a second I gotta deal with blury 360p quality for a minute also the bitrate is atrocious explosions look like ass on netflixs

It's weird, Disney was the good guys for digital distribution for a time.
For example you could associate your Itunes, Google, Amazon, etc accounts with 1 Disney account, then if you bought the bluray of a film you just enter the code into Disney and you'd get digital versions on every single platform at no extra cost per platform.
Now they're going exclusive...

I know everyone wants a piece of the Netflix pie but I don't think they realize streaming exclusivity breaks the idea.
People like Netflix because it's just the one to get, you don't have to think about packages and mixing and matching it's just one service.
No one wants to subscribe to 5 different services all charging $9.99 per month.
Why do that when Plex or even easier for normalfags Kodi addons allows you to stream any show from any network with most of the features of Netflix?
Digital video sales are an honor system helped along with convenience, if you push people too far they'll just go back to piracy.

This is a separate thing from the Disney Movies Anywhere network.

Doesn't bother me. Disney doesn't have their films or Star Wars on Netflix in my country. Well apart from the Defenders shows. Guess I'll just keep on pirating

>it's just for marvel films, not the netflix marvel shows
maybe because the films are canon, while the shows are...heh.

Can we get Valve to buy Disney?

90% of it is shit considering 90% of it is live action direct to TV movies and shit live action shows.

Only 4-5 billion, managable for them.

>May fucking her husband in the shower

At this rate cable will be cheaper than streaming

Yeah, I ain't paying for that shit. Disney can fuck right off.

the whole purpose was to have everything, or most things, in one place so you could ditch cable and pay comparatively fuck all. now there's a dozen of them with a combined cost more than the cable was in the first place.

Most of this shit was only on US netflix anyway.

>AoS will be canonically non-canon to another Marvel Universe
kek

>Bank of America Merrill Lynch 2017 Media, Communications & Entertainment Conference
I guess I assumed that living in a cyberpunk dystopia would be more interesting.

People have been begging for years to be able to do a la carte programming.

That is EXACTLY what this is.

This is literally what people wanted. But now everyone's bitching now that they've gotten it.