What went wrong, Sup Forums?

What went wrong, Sup Forums?

> fangirls ruin Starscream (even more)
> whole show is at least three different mcguffin hunt
> CG makes it expensive to properly populate the world
> movie provides no conclusion beyond killing Prime because ????
> terrible sequel

Too much in house fighting.

that actually is the main reason for that. Everybody had their own vision but they always clashed with each other.

>small cast
>shit human characters (Miko)
>MUH serious tone
>DARK ENERJOHN ALL THE TIME
>Movie designs, mainly Bumblebee

It was excruciatingly boring.

Transformers being played as a straight-faced drama with very little levity and everyone being super duper serious? Holy shit, it puts you to sleep faster than a Unicron Trilogy anime.

Peter Cullen was on autopilot for the whole series, too. His Prime sounded so utterly disinterested and his lines couldn't have been more than one-take reads.

>shit human characters (Miko)

Ralph was far worse.

>tries too hard to be serious and "mature"
>all the autobots are boring and lame
>Status Quo
TF Prime? More like Transformers: not fun allowed

>Peter Cullen not given anything good to work with. So Optimus comes off as boring.

Not Megatron.

TFP had plenty of silliness, do you not remember the buddy episode where Starscream and Knockout inadvertently invented Transformer zombies?

The issue with TFP was not a lack of fun, it was a lack of vision...the series got rushed and finished before it could be great, as did any sub plots in it, that being said it wasn't "bad", I still catch episodes every now and again and plenty of them are perfectly entertaining

On screen? Nothing.

Behind the scenes? A clusterfuck.

Starscream and Knockout were funny but the episodes were boring. And I'm not only talking about the lack of "silliness". The fights were really boring too. Fucking Bayformers has better action.

I kinda liked it but it didnt focus on things properly.
They really wasted those human tech supremacists.

a lot of episodes are great as standalones....the problem was its overarching plot which the show tried too hard to focus on.

RID does this better....except the overarching plot or the ideas of that, are more interesting yet get less focus. Well at least till right now in Season 3 (the last episode of RID that aired was much darker and thrilling)

He was a shit Megatron

It's an alright series, but the relic hunts get old. Only reason to watch is for Arcee and the Decepticons

Ratchet and Smokescreen were the best Bots in the show.

probably helps that Jeffrey Combs and Nolan North were both perfect here.

I loved him, but the finale was such an asspull.

> By getting possessed for about a day I now understand that killing is bad and whatever
> also fuck you starscream

Not really a fan of grumpy, old Ratchet though. Same can be said about TFA Ratchet too. They want a geezer-bot, just use Kup

Starscream did nothing wrong

>Ratchet
>good
Ratchet had ONE good episode (the one with synthetic energon). He was just a boring dick the rest of the show.

I actually feel bad for TFP starscream. Megatron effectively beats him into submissision and then... flies into space.

Prime Ratchet was not "old". He was grumpy for the sake of being grumpy

>constantly hints at interesting plot threads but always resolves them in the most boring and anti-climactic way possible e.g. Smokescreen being the next leader, Breakdown's relationship with Bulkhead, Dreadwing being a good guy, Optimus regaining his memories, Silas being turned into a Transformer, Bulkhead getting injured
>season 2 is just boring mcguffin hunts
>most of the fights are just spamming shots against nameless mooks with no tension or interesting choreography at all

It's basically lost potential: the series. It could've been good but the writers had no balls to do anything interesting. Plebs get tricked into thinking it's good because of le epic music and le epic g1 quotes

In my opinion he was more competent than Megatron, he was much weaker person overall in power level but he didnt take things way too far.

>le epic music
>it's the same track over and over