Remember when Bendis was a good writer?

Remember when Bendis was a good writer?

No, ultimate goblin was stupid.

Good?

Can we not?

Can we not what?

Avengers: Dissassembled.

Anyone that says his Daredevil run or the first 50 issues of USM is bad is a goddamn liar.

I really don't understand what happened to him. Sure he always made every character speak the same, but the plotting and structure was really strong in those titles. Meanwhile, you look at that Iron man Legacy issue and its like a fucking Bendis' parody.

Uh... can we not?

Honestly i think he just got lazy. Jessica Jones was also good and I'd argue his USM was really good all the way up to Pete's death. Or not death. I don't know what happened there.

I don't know, Norman seemed to have a singular goal. I'm not a fan of literally turning into a Goblin, but it made sense in this universe.

Meanwhile if you look at 616 Norman, he went from wanting to be a crime boss to dedicating himself to ruining Peter's life behind the scenes to having some mystical cult to becoming evil Nick Fury to becoming a Super Adaptoid to turning the Goblin into an international criminal empire idea to literally taking over a country like Dr. Doom-lite.

Like, what the fuck does Norman even want these days?

Ultimate Goblin was shit, but Ultimate Norman was fine.

Norman should not have been resurrected in the first place. All he's done is pointlessly flop around since he was brought back.

He is too busy masturbating to the idea of his teenager kid, to be bothered with nonsense like structure, or plot, or quality.

USM is the most boring iteration of Spider-Man ever

So Marvel's Jason Todd

Nah, that's Bucky. This is more like if they brought back Zoom after Barry- Oh.

You're the most boring person on the board

He was a cool guy. I would've appreciated more of the insights we get into how his view of the world works. With the ghosts and everything melting. As it goes on, we just get Norman sat in a cell internally monologuing how much of a God he is. It's a bit dull.

Mad props for killing his own Son and Doc Ock though.

He ruins characters the people likes to make the ones created by him look good, and his characters fucking suck.

>We wuz Kong'n'shit

Of course the plotting was stronger in early USM. All Bendis had to do was climb the backs of the giants who came before him.

The plots were just subversions of shit that already happened. Everything Bendis came up with himself never got a good resolution.

The side effects of MJ exposure to OZ was never fully explained, Scorpion rotted in SHIELD custody, Venom is sitting on Doom's shelf, and the Fly twins faded into the night.

Without a template, Bendis can't properly end a story to save his life.

ultimate spider man 26 - I think - called Plasmids, was really good. It was a concept book but it had layers of storytelling and not a single line of dialogue.

STILL today he's shit.

but he was good

he was never a good writer

mediocre at best

then he went full retard and made bobby drake gay

>bald faggot

>The side effects of MJ exposure to OZ was never fully explained, Scorpion rotted in SHIELD custody, Venom is sitting on Doom's shelf, and the Fly twins faded into the night.
Wow. WHen you put it all out there it's kinda depressing