Rogue One #6 (Sep 6)
Star Wars Adventures #1 (IDW, Sep 6)

>Star Wars Rebels Season 4 Trailer 2
youtube.com/watch?v=0k_dEJPGCVU

>Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Behind the Scenes
youtube.com/watch?v=ye6GCY_vqYk

>Battlefront 2 - Behind the Story
youtube.com/watch?v=pryBP4K-_34

>Download links: (Check here for new Rebels Episodes + Books, Comics, Films, etc)
pastebin.com/nWsKtSya

>Star Wars: Forces of Destiny
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLpSnlSGciSWNBXSxZZrsvWdnoGsLCr6WL

>Canon Guide:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t1KovH_1GYLDTAe3yrleeWiuzwulm670o_anQqr5Rcg/pubhtml

>Legends Recommendation List:
docs.google.com/document/d/147N5EgCnZmcPaDYvnGQwl9cn7BhBroFb7mD2C4cmWb0/edit?usp=sharing

Story time threads
→ VADER (2017) #5
→ PHASMA #1
→ IDW #1

niqquer

>Durge
>Missed

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

How's the Thrawn novel? Should I read it before Season 4 starts? It sounds interesting, but the last NuCanon novel I read had lots of talking and very little action, and I like my Star Wars pew pew heavy.

> pew pew heavy
> a book

The Thrawn book is not very action heavy, but it is one of the most engaging and essential Canon reads.

It could literally only benefit your experience of Season 4, so I would recommend it, even though there isn't a lot of action.

It's a great book, I would highly recommend it.

At the same time though, it's not focused on the type of action you want. There's a lot of politics and a lot of strategy, but not a lot of grunt work. If you want Thrawn related books that are heavy on action, I would recommend picking up the Heir to the Empire trilogy. they aren't canon, but still good and feature Thrawn.

> last NuCanon novel I read had lots of talking and very little action

What was it?

What's your point? Lots of books are heavy on action.

Alright. I'll give it a read then.

Tarkin. It was a good read, but the few action scenes didn't feel that engaging.

I guess I don't mind a novel having little action, but the few action scenes in it should at least be exciting to make up for the slower pace during most of the story, and I felt like Tarkin failed to do that.

Lost Stars is the best YA book published for Star Wars.

Discuss

Nothing to discuss, this is basically the truth.

I have a soft spot for others like Moving Target though. That was a comfy story.

Is Poe a good comic series? I have heard yes and no from this general and I want some Resistance lore

Vehiclebro aka Nebulanon back to continue my survey of all Star Wars vehicles that I can identify. I'll be starting on Star Wars Rebels now, but I obviously won't be able to catalogue the vehicles that first appear chronologically in Season 4, owing to the fact that I'm not a time traveler.

The infamous TIE fighter makes its first visual appearance in Rebels, though its' scream could be heard by V-wings and Eta-2s, among other echoes of its design. I'm not totally positive, but it may have appeared in a Rise of the Empire era novel. At any rate they were not widespread til years after Order 66.

Its meh IMO, but it has its moments

just first arc

>The question mark scar on his fore head is a symbol for the fat that no one knows who he is
Bravo Disney, Bravo

Post your shipfu

They first appear in Tarkin, where Tarkin himself notes that the V-Wings that were slowly being phased out were vastly superior in his opinion.

The iconic Imperial Star Destroyer. While I do like the Rebels' Ralph McQuarrie inspired design with the longer neck and slab-sides, I do wish they had updated their model for S3 and 4.

>owing to the fact that I'm not a time traveler
>not even mastering time travel before posting

/swco/ just gets worse and worse

No. For the love of god please for one thread no

The Ghost is a VCX-100 class light freighter, and in my opinion, rather overpowered, considering its cinematic competitor the Millenium Falcon. While the Falcon's design was inspired by the B-29 Superfortress bomber, the Ghost took design cues from the B-17 Flying Fortress.

Sorry senpai I'm a pleb, check out my variable-quality taste from the past few threads in the archives. At least I believe I'm promoting some decent Star Wars discussion with my hot opinions.

Speaking of American aviation, the Ghost's parasite fighter-shuttle the Phantom I reminds me of the XF-85 Goblins intended to be carried by the B-36 Peacemaker FICON (Fighter Conveyor).

Are you complaining about shipfus in general or the Resurgence class specifically? The latter I can understand, its design is not for everyone, but if you're complaining about the former, consider exactly what you're saying:
>star wars thread
>ree don't discuss star wars things

>tfw you like the Phantom so much more than the Ghost

why couldn't they have just made it x20000 bigger

Your post are informative and are original, but lets do something other than post the same 5 pictures of the same 5 ships in every thread

>Someone post TFA ship, gets called reddit
>Someone posts Venator, everyone creams themselves

The Imperial Gozanti Cruiser is an up-armored and up-gunned heavier variant of the standard freighter. This version is capable of carrying TIE's as parasite craft. Thrawn's early career in the Imperial navy started on one of these small ships

>and in my opinion, rather overpowered, considering its cinematic competitor the Millenium Falcon.
No, stop

The Falcon is supposed to be fucking junk.

We should be HAPPY that Filoni has had the balls to create a new "home" ship that doesn't have to dance around the Falcon and pretend like the Falcon is the best fucking ship ever. Fuck the Falcon.

The C-ROC conversion for Gozantis is commonly used by independent shipping companies and spacefaring businessmen of less reputable nature. This one is the Merchant One of the fat waddling red Chinese crime lord Azmorigan, while Cikatro Vizago owns one without the top engine pod.

I'd be happy if the Ghost wasn't fugly as hell. Great concept, looks like ass. We seriously need more home ships though.

It's a flying diamond, it's practically kino in spaceship form

The 614-AvA speeder bike is based on original concepts for ROTJ by Joe Johnston and Nilo Rodis-Jamero. Their seating arrangement looks a lot more comfortable than the Aratech 74-z most scout troopers use, but it doesn't look anywhere near as cool.

I'm just saying the Ghost seems to have a lot more cool toyetic features and abilities than the Falcon seems to. I like both.

The V-35 Courier is a very 1970s looking hovercar. I was very surprised to see these being driven in TCW and Rebels from an open top behind the apparent "windows" up front.

The AT-DP (All-Terrain Defense Pod) has been a staple of Star Wars expanded content since Joe Johnston first created it as a concept for ESB. Most renditions give it a much larger "head" than the original drawing, while Rebels gives it longer legs.

The ST-45 Space Bus is driven by none other than RX-24 "Rex" from the Disneyland Star Tours ride!

TIE Fighters appear in Tarkin and Lords of the Sith. They're like the F-22 Raptor and F-35 in that they have not been completely integrated yet.

>V-Wings that were slowly being phased out were vastly superior in his opinion
Which is funny because the Empire used TIE fighters to mimic the Separatist droid army. They figured it would be easier to use swarm tactics versus using maintenance-heavy starfighters.

>it's not focused on the type of action you want

Does it show Thrawn's cunning in commanding his forces during battle as an Admiral? Or is it more of a "rise to power" kind of thing?

My question is why is the early Empire using 614-AvA when the is Z4 decades older by Rebels. I mean you see the Jedi using them during the Clone Wars

It's definitely a rise to power story, but Thrawn demonstrates his cunning many times.

Shit
Okay
Patrician

The ITT (Imperial Troop Transport) is actually based on an original Kenner toy for ANH made way back in 78. Even though it's more or less just a flying brick, I rather like it. Fits the Imperial aesthetic very well, makes a good hovertank (or rather APC) in my opinion.

Really? Where?

Thanks for the corrections I do appreciate them. Feel free to rectify any mistake I make, particularly any instance you can find of me forgetting to chronicle a vehicle you think should be mentioned. Note however that I won't be reiterating previous entries that I already made in the last thread unless they are significantly different enough to warrant it. For example, the jumpspeeders of Sabine in Rebels and Ahsoka in TCW are identical aside from the paintjob.

I would describe it as more political and exploitation of situations than action-oriented. It's a good book regardless. Thrawn has no idea how to handle the politics of the Imperial military.

I thought the prequels were supposed to show everyone that space politics are fucking boring

Hey welcome back.

>not enjoying space opera politics

Truly the plebbest of the plebs.

Speaking of toys, a lot of these cheap little first gen vehicles made it into canon in various sources. This MLC-3 here was shown in the UK Rebels comics.

Not a fan of the Giraffe Destroyers myself

This may come as a shock to you user. You might even want to sit down.

Lots of people enjoyed the politics.

Why do you think one of the biggest complaints people have about TFA is that we didn't see anything happening at Hosnian Prime? Politics have been ingrained in Star Wars for the past 2 decades, even TCW had multiple politics-themed episodes.

It's actually more jarring now when politics are completely ignored (IE; TFA)

The Lambda class shuttle also appeared in Rebels comics. They were around at least as early as 14 BBY, during the Lost Stars novel. Truly kino design.

What about the Ghost was inspired by the B-17?
Nose guns?

I like these ugly fucking tick-carriers

Kanan's Joben T-35 speeder is a pleasant little swoop bike with nice coloring. Reminds me of a Harley Davidson.

The turrets and the stepped cockpit placement. Check the late model B-17s to see what I mean, it's got a little barbette on the chin just like it.

What are foldable wings doing on a spaceship?
Who the fuck knows but it looks cool
We can all blame the X-wing's S-foils.

It makes a cool part of Star Wars identity though.
Folding/expanding wings are just STAR WARS

The Wookiee Auzituck gunship is probably my favorite wookiee design, I don't much like their catamaran fluttercraft, and I'd much rather have seen this used in TCW than Sugi's Halo. Although I'd REALLY like to see what a Wookiee capital ship would look like. Wooden ships and iron men, anyone?

Okay. You didn't have to be so Reddit about it.

>July/Aug 2009
I wish I had bought more of these magazines when I was in middle school.

Inquisitorious TIE Advanced v1s also have folding wings for landing, and a missile launcher. I wonder if these will show up in Battlefront 2, but I kind of doubt it.

I don't like that gunship. It feels like a departure from the ornithopter focused designs in RotS

I kinda dug that design. Maybe if that gunship had foldable wings for atmosphere?
I also don't like the regular designed cockpit windows. Maybe they should have had a more organic "grown" look?

>2009
>middle school

>Really? Where?

There was a poll last night
Most regulars here are under 25
Which explains a lot

There was no other mention of Filoni besides this

>I graduated high school in 2014
Gee, time really flies.

>Skywalker wait, Palpatine is the Sith lord and he used me to get you as his apprentice!

Was that so hard to say?

>You don't like something I don't like?
>REDDIT
come on

I was probably in 5th grade in 2009, m80

The Sentinel-class shuttle is one of my favorite designs, I actually like it better than the Lambda. Interestingly, the EU version of it appears vastly larger and fatter and out of proportion to the one that actually first appeared (by release date) in the ANH special edition, which looks far closer to the version used in Rebels.

I just turned 26 and now I feel old af.

Damn son you're right, time for me to list that fucker next post. Thanks for pointing that out.

So is this magazine still Canon?

The weird thing is that there's an awkward silence for a noticeably long time.
Dooku doesn't even start to speak. Like, I get he's shocked. Sith arrogance is part of the package, it's not all lightning and yellow eyes.
But maybe he should have spluttered something as Anakin chopped off his head

DELET THIS

The Aratech 74-z speeder bike apparently shows up in Revenge of the Sith, and I missed it, props to the guy above me for pointing it out. It's my favorite speeder in the franchise, and since I first saw ROTJ's speeder bike chase as a tot it's always been my fondest dream to ride a one of these.

>tickled femi taylor
LEWD!

>Politics have been ingrained in Star Wars for the past 2 decades

Even ANH has the little political scene aboard the Death Star where they talk about the senate being disbanded and the Death Star essentially taking its place since fear will keep everyone in line. I always felt like ROTJ could have used some political talk. Even Heir to the Empire and the rest of the Thrawn trilogy had a lot of politics. Politics has been a part of Star Wars since the beginning, I think people just hate the political scene in TPM because it goes against what people expected from certain characters.

>I just turned 26 and now I feel old af.
Trust me, man, it doesn't get any better.

>Most regulars here are under 25
Well, fuck me. That does explain an awful lot.

Then no, because in the tarkin novel it's stated that Tarkin does know who he is
>personally requested
or sheev is fucking with him

I wish they would have played up the TESB twist a little more. Aboard the Invisible Hand, Dooku could have been trying to get Kenobi to turn dark so they could kill Palpatine together, but then Dooku would be surprised that Palpatine was planning the exact same thing, except with Anakin. Dooku should also have started to spill the beans only to be beheaded by Anakin.

Insider used to have something similar, but it was the medical droid that fixes Luke's hand in TESB that would answer questions. And he was a dick about it too.

Dooku is a classical villain. He knew what he was doing was wrong and he knew he was fucked in all holes at that moment. He knew it was over. There was no begging or crying it was over.

I turn 13 in October

People hate the TPM politics scenes because they don't make any fucking sense.
At least in 1999.

People DO like politics. Look at the earlier season of Game of Thrones. One of the most popular shows on TV and it all hinges on politics.
The thing is that, even though it was a fantasy world like Star Wars, it was presented in a way that made sense intuitively.
So when a clever backroom dealer made some tricky play, everyone could go "Ah, how smart of him. What a devious bastard"
Sheev's actions in TPM were just "O-ok? What's the deal with this invasion? Does Sidious want it signed? He tried to force the Asians to make Amidala do it, but then he tried to get Maul to kill Amidala? Does he want it signed or not? What happens if it isn't? What happens if it is?"
We have no idea about the context the politics are working in.

People like people doing clever things but only when you can see them being clever.

My favorite TIE, Darth Vader's TIE Advanced X1. Even for a custom badass TIE fighte flown by Anakin/Vader of all people it seems a bit overpowered as to totally blow the fuck out of that poor Pelta frigate Sato commanded so easily. Are there any other appearances of this ship in canon prior to 3-4 BBY when it shows up in Rebels?

By the way I forgot to mention, that Joben T-35swoop bike from before that Kanan uses is named after the swoop racer Thall Joben, a character from the Nelvana Droids cartoon.

>Interestingly, the EU version of it appears vastly larger and fatter and out of proportion to the one that actually first appeared
Since Commander is canon, it can be explained that there are different variations of the shuttles. The Sentinel-Class has a larger variant and the Lambda has a medical variant as well in the game. The "bulge" version is seen. Like in the Rogue One games that carry walkers and supplies.

>I think people just hate the political scene in TPM because it goes against what people expected from certain characters.

Which is bizarre because the whole point of that scene is to show that politics have failed and spur the Queen to take up arms in defense of her planet. It's a pivotal part of basically the only character arc in TPM.

I both love the prequels and don't hate RLM like some around here, but their criticism of that scene has always really bothered me.

>no begging or crying

There's a big difference between begging and letting the cat out of the bag though. And he is quiet for too long, he should have said something.

That'd have been cool
>D: Obi-wan, you are being deceived. There is a power at work behind the Senate
>K: There is someone being deceived. It's you. By the Dark Side
>D: Enough of the petty politics, you must feel that this war is a farce.
>S: Heheh, Master Jedi. Ignore him and free me! There is no time.
>D: Join me and we can restore the Republic to the glory it deserves. It doesn't need to end here
>A: Oh it does, Count
>D: Quiet boy. I've dealt with you once, I'll dea-
>S: Anakin, please!

The RZ-1 A-wing of Star Wars Rebels is a short and stocky early iteration, a very vanilla basic fightercraft. This interpretation of the A-wing is loosely based on Joe Johnston's fatter shorter concept with the coloring of the famous McQuarrie painting. The A-wing we see in ROTJ is an elongated version of Johnston's design, and the Resistance A-wing of TLJ is almost identical to the very long and narrow McQuarrie painting except the colors are inverted.

>comparing game of thrones to star wars
>saying game of thrones does anything better than star wars at all

My only quibble about the TIE Adv is that the front looks too much like a regular TIE
If the cockpit was just a liiiitle different.

>>saying game of thrones does anything better than star wars at all
Game of Thrones was good once. It wasn't always as absolutely wretched as it is now.

Don't also forget that it's very popular. It captured the public's attention far more than any of politicking scenes in the Prequels

>People like people doing clever things but only when you can see them being clever.

Wow, you just explained that better than I ever could have. I also hate that Valorum apparently sends the Jedi as ambassadors in secret, but both the Naboo and Trade Federation know about it. Then, when the senate cals for an investigation, Padme doesn't say shit about the Jedi witnessing the invasion and neither do the Jedi. Then, even after Valorum is bascially fired anyway, the Jedi still stay silent about knowing there is an invasion.

None of that is political though. The politics people complain about are not surrounding the treaty and invasion (which are clearly just a sham to cause a mess) but the senate scene where Amidala appeals to the Republic to save her struggling planet and everybody wants to interrupt her and call for a lengthy investigation instead. Nothing about TPM is hard to understand.

Seeing the first-gen AT-ATs "chase" the AT-TE on Seelos was quite the adventure. Some people say these are designed to look like camels, but for my part, they look like the gargantuan prehistoric rhino ancestor Paraceratherium.

It pains me knowing there'll never be a /swco/ meetup.

The political scene in TPM annoys me because the senate calls for an investigation to see if Padme is telling the truth, but the Jedi already saw the invasion. Now, I understand they were sent in secret by Valorum, but if Padme was already willing to throw Valorum under the bus for being a complete pussy, why not also mention that the Jedi Knights, the trustworthy guardians of the Republic, saw my fucking planet get invaded.

Plus it downplays her arc because at the point of saying fuck it, Valorum is a pussy, she didn't actually have a plan. Jar-Jar just happens to mention later that the Gungans have an army.

Yeah, I've never gotten any of that. The "Why" just never made sense to me.

Like, I get the basic deep down plot. Sheev wants to be chancellor so he manufactures a crisis on his homeworld so he can say the current chancellor can't protect people and that he should be chancellor, with the bonus pity of having his homeworld invaded.
That's good scheming. It's clever and it's obvious how it's clever.

But what we got had layers of unnecessary baggage. Why was the Jedi mission a secret? What's the deal with the treaty? Why try to get it signed then try to kill the people who can sign it?

Do we know if George's scriptwriting was rushed? It feels like he could have gone through a few more drafts

We got an IRL representation at Star Wars Celebration though

This guy showed up behind a loli while she was being interviewed

Dooku offers his hand in AOTC to mirror (potterize) Vader doing the same with Luke in TESB, except unlike in the OT, it never goes anywhere. George likes to paint in broad strokes, but I feel like he forgets about the little details sometimes.

>pains
Nah, mate.
You should be relieved.
Go look up photos of other board meets. Like /k/s furry meetup

Or if you really want to be horrified, look up reddit meetups. Good lord. I thought they were supposed to be normies