Batman/Batgirl

am I the only one who wasn't triggered by this? It was alluded to in the comics and even the old TV show, and it's in its own universe (lame excuse but still) anyway, so I really don't get why comic book fans were so pissy. I have a strange feeling that the only reason, the REAL only reason people were bothered by it was the age difference, which is retarded because Barbara can date whoever the fuck she wants, and so can bruce.

I wasn't posting here very much when this move first came out, what's the general consensus of Sup Forums? Not of the movie, I know it's shit, just the idea of bruce/barbara romance

>I don't get why comic book fans were pissy
a daring synthesis OP

So there are issues where writers had Batgirl have a crush on Batman but those are few and far between and Batman never reciprocate those feelings, usally going full no way fag.

Why ship Bruce and Barbara when a objectively superior ship exists?

>liking any Babs ship

fuck off

People bitched about it because it took up 1/3 of the killing joke adaptation.

It sucked because
>it happened during a badly written prequel to the actual story
>it's out of character for Batman to give in to Barbara
>they only had sex in order to further show why Bruce might be upset Babs got crippled
>it made Babs look like a pathetic fangirl with a crush rather than someone the audience would root for/sympathise for when she got shot
>people hated it because it got in the way of their ships (Dickbabs and Batcat mostly)
>Gordon is Bruce's friend and Bruce fucked his daughter
>Bruce Timm has written this pairing before so it's easy to assume he put it in for his own pleasure rather than to add anything to the story

It's not cause of the age gap because I find that hot as fuck but the power dynamics? Like the implication that Batgirl became Batgirl just to fuck Batman and the idea that Batman would actually fuck her and How Batgirl takes their sexual tryst as proof of a nore serious relationship while Batman sees it as a shameful one night stand.

This

so youre ok with your father fucking your ex gf? its their decisions after all.

Why is Dick shitposting on Sup Forums?

That's not really Dick
The Dick I know has no sexual morals whatsoever

Another reason to hate it, Azz wanted it so there would be controversy on top of the original controversy.

>"The thing about this is that it's controversial, so we added more controversy," explained Azzarello.

fucking kek

Barbara isn't my girlfriend and batman isn't my dad , so yeah

Not surprising, considering the Joker one shot he wrote.

Controversy pays the bills these days though. Wouldn't be talking about it if it was a good story that had Babs actually doing something on her own instead of pining after bat dick and retreading a relationship that doesn't have a single good story to it's name.

Didn't this flop though? Controversy is easy attention, true, but that means fuck all in the end when the product itself isn't worth watching. All it does is damage the brand even more.

The only people triggered by this are the ones with deep issues with sexuality.

Go back to tumblr you non-binary transpotato shit-kin

I need more of this

Jim Gordon is a close friend and basically co-worker. Engaging in a sexual relationship with the daughter of a colleague, even one that's putting you the glances, is taboo in adult society

Don't we all.

>It was alluded to in the comics
No it wasn't.

I'm still convinced this was put in the movie to give Batman a reason to go over the edge, exactly like the Joker was doing to Gordon. I'm betting originally she was going to be pregnant with a Bat-Baby when she got shot, and she lost the baby. That would seriously mess Batman up, but someone realized that it's wicked fucking dark, and they cut it.

That sounds a lot like this storyline only a little darker

>"It WIRED! But that what make it interesting."

Pretty much what Bruce Timm said about a Batman and Batgirl relationship. In the Batgirl bonus feature in Batman The Animated Series Vol 3 dvd.

So it was planned from the beginning.

>Fucking your closest friends daughter
Sure, the age difference is the only thing wrong here.

Your friend already knows you're a good guy, so he should be happy.