Tensions Run High Between Marvel And ABC After Disappointing Response To INHUMANS

>ABC had concerns over the quality of Inhumans - including "both the special effects of early cuts and the underpinning scripts" - from the start and those became a "source of contention between ABC and Marvel." It's also thought that the box office numbers will bring a halt to any future investments from IMAX and that means they're on their own if season two happens.

>The relationship between ABC and Marvel is unlikely to change as they're both owned by Disney but it wouldn't be surprising if some big changes are now made behind the scenes.

comicbookmovie.com/tv/marvel/inhumans/inhumans-tensions-run-high-between-marvel-and-abc-after-disappointing-response-to-imax-series-a153676

Are there any plans for more Legion because that's the only marvel show I care about

>if season two happens.
Fucking lol

Will the Mouse give him the boot?

season 2 has been announced.

>the only marvel show I care about

Same.

You mean these characters that no one really cares about tv show sucks. Color me surprised

both shows are non-canon

No one cares nerd

And yet Legion is still better than any MCU movie out there, fancy that.

>legion
>mcu

legion is non-canon to x men cinematic universe.

Logan, Deadpool and Legion are better than anything Marvel gave us so far in both series and movies.

Fox is hit and miss but when they hit is always a perfect score.

everybody wants ike gone

feige is the studio golden child
comic fans for obvious reason
i'm sure iger hates the headache that ike has become
etc

but ike owns so much stock that it's impossible, they have to wait for him to die

> Logan
great

> deadpool
fun, but still meme

> legion
great

still not better than everything marvel ever did

and when fox misses they miss hard

gifted, apoc, phoenix looks like shit with more jlaw again

she shaved her hair for that shitty series, Jesus

I hope Irma hits his house.

Will this affect Agents of SHIELD?

They can force him to retire, I mean don't tell me those rich cunts at Disney don't have a master plan to take one of their own out if they get too unbearable.

>they have to wait for him to die
No they don't

>don't tell me those rich cunts at Disney don't have a master plan to take one of their own out if they get too unbearable
Sorry, Batman works for Warners

>According to Variety, the IMAX investment means Inhumans is effectively paid for regardless of its theatrical performance or how many viewers it draws in on ABC. That could explain why Marvel appeared to scrimp and save on the show and why the costumes to special effects were problematic.

I guarantee Perlmutter thought people would eat this dog shit up just because of the Marvel logo on it and as a result he demanded extreme cuts, even for him, in the belief that he'd be swimming in profit.

You don't 'retire' your shares in a company.

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

JUST

They're not gonna spend however many billions it takes to buyout his share of the company. Old Jew wouldn't even care about public humiliation. He would have to go to prison or die.

don't forget he has control of the video games to so who ever runs that must hate him too

And got payed a shitload of money for it. Poor girl.

>however many billions it takes to buyout his share
$25K buys you someone without a name with Marine sniper skills

>some big changes are now made behind the scenes

My money is on Loeb getting the boot. He's the dumbass who hired Buck on IF, kept him on for Inhumans, and provided the non-direction that resulted in Defenders being mediocre as fuck.

yeah he sucks

why is a comic book writer a TV executive?

>a master plan
What's the next step of it? Crashing Marvel with no survivors?

>Crashing Marvel with no survivors?
Marvel's doing a fine job of that all by themselves, really.

>forgetting that ike was in the mossad/kidon

Imagine my surprise.

>fun, but still meme
This is a world of genes and memes, you are just living in it.

How bad is Inhumans? CW stuff are mostly bad but you can watch them with your brain off yet reviewers seem to be okay with those shows.

Backstabbing your executives is a Disney tradition. Eisner and Iger both did it lots of times. But Ike owns huge amounts of stock, up there with George Lucas and Steve Jobs' wife, and unlike them he stayed with the company after it was acquired.

But you sell them back to the company at higher than market value

>Look better than previously
>Get paid a fuckload of money
Wow what a tragedy

Not when you see them trending up anyway.
> Hey, do you want to make an extra 30 cents on the dollar today or wait a week and have that same stock shoot up 800%m

I fucking wish. There's a lot of things at Marvel Entertainment that suck right now, but he's easily the biggest cancer on the brand.

So ? Some of the best cape comics ever written were non canon and anybody who watches these shows just because they're (barely) tied to the MCU needs to kill themselves

And? I don't watch TV shows for canons, I watch them because they're good.

Well we don't know yet user

It grows back.

his son is dead

legion's not a marvel show.

He's also 80.

unparalleled cronyism

>forgetting those kids with rocks he shot and killed in the six day war

Look at their attention to quality. They even make their own JUST memes.

Cancer fetishists are the worst.

Nope, he just won an inkpot award for his TV work. He's staying whether we like it or not. Plus he's Jewish so he's in regardless

Fox senpai

I see you've never heard of Texas

I just want more Shadow King.
He's the only live-action show villain who's close to being as good as Kingpin.

Now that she shaved her head I think she looks like Joslyn James...

Underrated post

Is he ruining everything he can under Marvel out of spite for the Fox and Marvel Studios stuff?
There were those stories of him flying off the handle just seeing x-men posters, I imagine it only got worse when Disney gave Feige complete control of the movies.

Gifted is still probably gonna be better than shithumans

I thought he was already out

No one implied it wasnt you tard

It is, actually. It's co-produced by Marvel Television, and Loeb oversees it.

>paid a shitload/fuckload of money
You two have no idea how Ike operates if you think she got payed any more than the bare minimum possible.

It was a miracle I humans was made to begin with, as I understand it.

If you like the Inhumans, it's the biggest rage-inducingly shit slap in the face you could possible imagine. If you don't like or care about the Inhumans, there's nothing here that'll change your mind about them. It's a lose-lose either way.

Was it worth it Ike? Was it really worth it?

How many years was it? Like 5-6 years or so? 5 years of screwing over the X-Men just so you can make your little pets the new dominant "team" in Marvel and for fucking what?

Isn't he one of the largest Marvel shareholders?

>Marvel shareholders
You mean Disney. He's the third highest Disney shareholder.

The quality of comics would improve considerably if we had a second Holocaust for everyone who cared about canon.

He's not even a good comic book writer or producer
>Ruined Heroes
>Kept Smallville shitty
>Ultimates 3
>Ultimatum
>Sunglehandedly ruins Marvel animation

It's clear the good things that have come out of Marvel TV are not his doing

>Ruined Heroes

Tim Kring did that on his own. Heroes tanked when Fuller left.

>being this edgy about picture books on a Korean woodworking forum

Wew lad

Loeb is best when Tim Sale is with him to reign him in.
>Batman: The Long Halloween
>Superman For All Seasons
>Marvel's color series

I fucking wish this was a korean woodworking forum.

Thank God for that too

Yeah, that's what I meant.

You wouldn't happen to know what percentage he owns, and who the top 2 are?

I dont know why they would push the inhumans anyway. They seem like a bunch of assholes, even compared to the xmen and they dont have cartoon nostalgia backing them up.

The pleb: Disney Marvel
The contrarian: DC
The patrician: Fox

Lucas and Jobs wife. Only one that comes kn top of them is the CEO who is iger

>They can force him to retire, I mean don't tell me those rich cunts at Disney don't have a master plan to take one of their own out if they get too unbearable.

Problem is that Ike is already the Batman of that. You can't outjew the king.

He's rich and old
He's not going to die anytime soon

I am almost certain that everything Loeb has done since Sam died has been out of spite at the world for robbing him of his son.

His work on the Ultimates wasn't just bad, it actively ruined the line going forward. He took good animation off the air pointlessly. And now, on TV, he throws his weight behind projects that fundamentally misunderstand the characters they're adapting for the first time, leaving an indelible stain on the characters in public perception.

>You can't outjew the king.
Stan Lee did.

BUt it is, all these rigths belong to Marvel and we don't know the deal that they have with Fox, but don't think disney sell that, I don't think we could see Daredevil or Inhumans there but could be

Fpbp

>tfw all capeshit tv is awful
>tfw you got one amazing season of Daredevil
>tfw after that, its just dogshit CW shows, the pointlessness of AoS and the failures of all the other Netflix shows include The Defenders
I honestly don't even care. I am curious what Feige's Inhumans movie would have been like, obviously there'd be more effort than what we're seeing here.

Feige never had proper plans for an Inhumans movie; he went along with it because Perlmutter wanted it.

I'm sure there was a script or at least a treatment they had though.

>was fired before Heroes went to shit
>wrote some of the best Smallville episodes
>Ultimate work deviated massively from his original plan and was great after Ultimatum
>was given orders to create a new Avengers EMH sequel with Man of Action only to have the change to synergy from up high after The Avengers film success
>not including Ike's penny pinching
Loeb is fine, his award even shows Disney knows it's not his fault Ike is fucking around

>If you like the Inhumans, it's the biggest rage-inducingly shit slap in the face you could possible imagine.

I saw the IMAX version and thought it was decent. Not great. But not terrible, either. Would give it a 7/10.

Where does that place me on the rage spectrum?

>>was fired before Heroes went to shit
Heroes went to shit from the S1 finale on
>wrote some of the best Smallville episodes
Falso
>Ultimate work deviated massively from his original plan and was great after Ultimatum
Tell me, did his original plan include turning Ultimate Pyro into a rapist out of nowhere or having Blob eat the Wasp? I'm sure those details came from on high, huh?
>was given orders to create a new Avengers EMH sequel with Man of Action only to have the change to synergy from up high after The Avengers film success

If you think what's wrong with Marvel Animation is "muh synergy" then you have your head up your ass. Loeb outright stated that he thought kids don't understand serialized storytelling even though his fucking 14 y/o son wrote comics professionally until his death. Also, he came on S2 of Avengers EMH and wouldn't you know it the quality of episodes immediately took a noticeable hit when he did.

>not including Ike's penny pinching
>muh Ike scapegoat maymay

Ike is a mean spiteful cheapass, but not literally every bad decision in Marvel is his fault. Loeb getting a stupid award means jack shit and I'm not sure why you keep bringing it up. He's majorly at fault for the Inhumans situation, IF, Marvel Animation, and the lack of clear direction for Marvel Netflix. Why you're defending him with such half assed arguments when there are plenty of people here who have complained about his bullshit for years I have no idea.

>>Ultimate work deviated massively from his original plan and was great after Ultimatum
>Loeb

>and was great after Ultimatum
HAHAHAHAHA. Holy fucking shit.
Post-Ultimatum shit sucked until Hickman came in and by the time he came most people lost any interest in the universe. It was so terrible that even everyone's beloved USM took a nosedive in quality. The closest to "good" Loeb did was the Ultimate X mini which was still mediocre at best.

god damn did he ever

>legion is non-canon to x men cinematic universe.
Fox is playing fast and loose with canon anyway. Over half their movies are arguably non-canon to at least some of the other movies. The solo movies generally don't even bother to explicitly really tie-into anything seriously.

So are we going to get a bunch of people saying that Inhumans is "Kino" or is it so bad that people won't even bother being unironically ironic.