Hellboy thread

We will be getting new Hellboy hardcoves in chronological order starting in 2018. Also Hellboy thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

ew.com/books/2017/09/07/dark-horse-hellboy-omnibus-editions-mike-mignola/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Unfriendly reminder that Mignola is a hack who can't draw.

Unfriendly reminder that Mignola is going to fuck up the new Hellboy movie

Smaller but less text version.

I mean he has worked on the script with Golden but other than that I don't think he is that involved so that really depends on what is really going to fuck up the movie. I'm just hoping it will turn out good but I have my doubts.

He is an acquired taste I suppose.

The fuck?

>acquired taste
Shit isn't an acquired taste. You may eat it over and over again, but it'll still taste like shit.

Did I stutter?

I'm just shocked to see such awful taste

Just your opinion man

Then stop looking at yourself in the mirror.

Why? The library editions were perfect. Is this collecting BPRD and all the ancillary shit into a chronological Mignolaverse Omnibus series? If so, I'd be okay with that.

From the EW article.

The main story is now split into four big volumes (Seed of Destruction, Strange Places, The Wild Hunt, and Hellboy In Hell) with two additional volumes covering The Complete Short Stories.

I want them to give us The Art of Hellboy volume 2.

Personally, I hate the library editions because the covers have an unpleasant texture. It makes holding and reading them a chore.

>We will be getting new Hellboy hardcoves in chronological order starting in 2018.

sauce?

Huh? It's like felt. they feel nice. The Hellboy Library's are the most well put together collected editions out there.

ew.com/books/2017/09/07/dark-horse-hellboy-omnibus-editions-mike-mignola/

so basically just the BPRD Omnis but for Hellboy? Pretty neat. Although I wonder why they didn't just do these in the first place instead of the library editions.

probably cheaper to keep in print with the eventual prospects of doing a paperback version like plague of frogs

Am I the only one who was always a little disappointed with the Hellboy comics? There's so much cool imagery and symbolism, I thought there would be deeper lore. Maybe I just read the wrong ones, which ones are your favorite anons?

pretty much, yes

The Hellboy main series is the best.

The Crooked Man was my intro to the character, and remains my favorite.

I'd say my favorties are the short stories. But I have yet to find a Hellboy story I did not at least like.

So are these going to be similar to DC omnis, with Library Editions being their Absolute equivalent?

probably more like the BRPD omnis

I don't know what those are like, I only have big-two omnis/absolutes and Goon Library editions to compare to

the BPRD omnis collect 3 trades as opposed to library editions' two

since there's only four of these, it'll be interesting to see how they collect them, since there's 14 trades of the main story

I meant more in terms of are they an oversized massive definitive edition of a book, or are they just hardcovers with a large pagecount

the BPRD omnis are about the size of a normal trade/hardcover, just fatter

not on the scale of DC or Marvel's

?

For reference

I have no issue with the feel of the cover myself, my issue is with hardbacks in general. If you reread the hell out of something, the wear is just terrible on hardback. Along with a heavier and usually larger book, it means i usually just have it sit on a shelf vs. taking my paperbacks with my occasionally.

That being said, i still have the first 4 library editions but have stopped because I'm not sure if i want to do plague of frogs or not. Is it worth it?

Plague of Frogs is alright. Not as good as Hellboy.

also they come in paperbacks if that's what concerns you

Thanks

How are the Goon Library editions? Any good?