Band Geeks 16th Annieversary Thread

Band Geeks originally aired sixteen years ago on Nickelodeon in the United States on September 7, 2001. That was four days before 9/11.

Was this the last victory of our innocent childhood before it was scarred by 9/11?

THE WINNER TAKES ALL

Has there been a single episode of any cartoon as good as Band Geeks since then?

9/11 was when the hope and joy for the future from the 80s and 90s died and everything went to shit

WHOEVER'S THE OWNER FOR THE WHITE SEDAN, YOU LEFT YOUR LIGHTS ON

Top 5 episode, up there with Survival of the Idiots and Pre-hibernation Week

I'd say Sept 11,2001-2006 was a slow decline but 2007 was when the decline accelerated due to iPhones, social media boom, kids stopped playing outside, NSA began spying on Internet via PRISM, rise of Reddit, rise of Facebook, rise of Twitter, Moe Boom, Big Bang Theory, Great Recession began in December, Out of Jimmy's Head, Obama, etc.

>implying securom and gfwl didn't make piracy easier

No kid knew what 9/11 was. Stop bullshiting.

Hannah montana was great.
I regret going to see the shitty movie though.

>Pre-hibernation Week
[heavy metal riffs intensifies]

buddy the great recession started in september
i remember because it affected the election

Technically SpongeBob, and Nick in general, remained good long after 9/11, despite other things going to shit after 9/11. Both Spongebob and Nick didn't go to shit until 2005, when season 4 came out/Nick Studios closed.

> aired four days before 9/11

who cares? no seriously, what significance does this has? You had a perfectly good OP and you had to muck it all up with stupid diamond dozen "duhhh cartoon 9/11" hot air. great job.

>picking a few shitty shows even though there were many great ones to come out of that year (mad men, chuck, 30 rock, flight of the conchords, and ice road truckers wasn't even bad)
>implying that portal is a bad game and the cake is a lie meme didnt start getting stale at a much later date
>implying obama wasn't a great president
>implying edgy anonymous tards werent around before 2007 and that the anonymous fox news report wasn't Sup Forums gold
>le social media and le phones are le evil

Fuck off back to the 90's gramps. 2007 was a great year.

Portal was GOAT, a'ight?
I agree with everything else tho. What a coincidence that all of these things happened in one year

Yeah, that's just not true. You'd have to have been born around 97' or 98' to think that kids didn't understand what 9/11. Maybe the ones in YOUR age group didn't.

>diamond dozen
>who cares about 9/11
Go home, underage fag.

No. You're just autistic.

You're a massive retard

Nice bait cuck

>what significance does this has?
It's in the OP you fucking retard. Going from carelessly enjoying one of the best episodes of your favorite cartoons to facing the 9/11 attacks within a few days was absolutely devastating for a lot of young anons.

Huh. That's pretty neat.

You realize no one outside of the US gives a shit about 9/11 and most users here now are too young to remember it, right?

You must be fucking retarded you subhuman fuck.
He's saying it was an amazing episode before an awful event. Not that they are somehow connected you braindead scum

The election happened in 08, genius.

Spongebob was still good for years after 9/11, though other things went to shit right after 9/11.

1999-2004 Spongebob = pure comedy kino
2005-∞ Spongebob = shit

Pretty sure Saudi Arabia and Israel care about it.

Pretty sure anyone who doesn't remember it and acts like it never mattered like an arrogant little cunt can fuck right off.

He's right

>tfw

When is that time capsule due to be opened? I know they had to move it once already.