When Van Partible was showrunner...

When Van Partible was showrunner, it was implied Johnny wasn't a virgin and confirmed in an interview he's actually successful once in awhile off-screen, we're just only seeing his failures.

But under Kirk Tingblad's supervision, it's heavily implied Johnny's never had a successful date and never even been inside a woman's apartment before.

So which is he?

The former. I hated Kirk Tingblad as showrunner.

The former. The later episodes of Johnny Bravo were inferior in a lot of ways, including the Flanderization of the titular character. It wasn't as bad as the later episodes of Dexter's Lab, but it was still a significant step down. I still don't know why they made the little girl look so much worse.

Season one Johnny was the best. Though I did like Pops and Carl. It's a shame they couldn't reach a middle ground.

Which one made Johnny a 5'9 manlet?

Regardless of what happened on the show, he is now happily married to Velma Dinkley

None? Johnny remained huge in all the seasons I thought.

I thought she rejected Johnny because her work came first.

honestly the show would have been better if we saw Johnny succeed more often

>Kirk Tingblad
Was he the one who made Johnny into an unlikeable retard that got his ass kicked often?

The show would have been better if it was more raunchy like an American version of Golden Boy or junk boy, or in the similar vain as my Franco-Belgian comics

I seem to remember an episode where he was being carried to a volcano by some amazons or something. Upon being informed that he was to be a virgin sacrifice, johnny raised an eyebrow and replied: “...virgin?”

*Big Suzy

Question is what was his sucess rate?

And he ultimately ends up on an island filled with only beautiful, homoerotic men.

The earlier episodes showed him as a typical babe hunter, the kind of guy who gets parodied in Playboys and stuff, old style 70s and 80s attitude, so it had plenty of sexual themes being nodded to.

When the new seasons came about, they just made Johnny into a complete idiot and made the stories revolve around his idiocy. Which was far worse.

The original stories were about a regular guy who was WAY into flirting. The new episodes were about a dumbass whose joke was being dumb.

american kids are/were too soft for that kind of stuff

or at least adults thought they were

...Is Johnny Bravo an extra swole Sanji?

And instead of mature sex scenes in adult American comedies, instead we get gore infested tripe like FG, Mr Pickles and Pickle and Memey.

It's like Americans hate love and passion but enjoy violence and misery...

Is this bait? You're talking about adult cartoons. Johnny Bravo was for children.

You mentioned adults being offended what their kids watched

>You mentioned adults being offended what their kids watched

I just meant that "adults" (read: execs at CN, who were creating cartoons FOR CHILDREN) weren't into that kinda stuff in the late 90s

Are you crazy? Later seasons were way funnier, and didn't relied on "oh look, it's a cameo from an outdated famous person that doesn't even make sense". The show even got worse once the creator came back and tried to make things like the first season.

Garbage taste detected

The one who made Johnny almost drown because he breathed with his mouth during the rain

yeah, that one