Sorry if I'm a bit slow, but it just dawned upon me

Sorry if I'm a bit slow, but it just dawned upon me.
In Man of Steel, Zod tries to persuade Superman into siding with him and restoring Krypton. However, he does it by showing him a vision of DROWNING IN HUMAN SKULLS. This scene has been widely mocked as absurdly counterproductive, because while there is no way Superman would side with Zod anyway, visually showing him "Oh yeah, we're gonna genocide everyone" was not helping Zod's case.
In Wonder Woman, a very similiar scene takes place when Ares tries to persuade Diana into genociding humans. He also shows her a vision - but of a wonderful, paradise-like world that could be without humanity.

I wonder if the similiarities are intentional in the "yeah, we dropped the ball, here's how it should have been" way.

Hm. Maybe.

>Sorry if I'm a bit slow

You're downright dense for posting a thread that isn't about comics or cartoons on Sup Forums.

Zod was never trying to persuade Superman. Zod saw him first and foremost as an abomination as being naturally born is HERESY.

>Superhero movies are not Sup Forums

He was trying to get the Codex in Clark's DNA by negociation and persuasion to avoid an useless and potentially dangerous fight

I took it as Zod trying to intimidate Superman into joining

How are you guys this dumb? The human skulls was basically a threat. At that point Kal made it clear he doesnt want a new krypton, so Zod was showing him the devistation they'll cause if he doesnt cooperate.

Also it was intentionally a repeated motif because one of the big themes of the DCEU is how stories/archtypes repeat themselves. The story of moses is the story of jesus is the story of king arthur is the story of superman.

I mean, Alfred even unintentionally references the events of the WW movie in his mini speech to Batman. Definitely intentional repetition of cycles.

Well, Zod doesn't think much of humanity, so he thought of that scene as showing Kal the extermination of roaches rather than human beings
But yeah, maybe it's your case

One of the primary reasons superhero movies on Sup Forums aren't so outrageous is because there are some people here who actually read comics. You're able to get a different type of conversation going when you know some of the source material being adapted or changed compared to someone who has only exclusively watched the movie.

>Also it was intentionally a repeated motif because one of the big themes of the DCEU is how stories/archtypes repeat themselves. The story of moses is the story of jesus is the story of king arthur is the story of superman.
Oh fuck off with this shit. BvS was in no way Hypercrisis.

Yeah, and I'd get a different type of conversation going if I started a Hero Academia thread here because more people would be able to meaningfully compare it to western comics than would be able to on Sup Forums. Doesn't mean it's Sup Forums material because of that.

It's popular comic book characters and a comic book story adapted into live-action. It has a closer relationship to Sup Forums than Hero Academia.

And you're implying as if we don't sometimes have Japanese animation comparison threads here.

Ah, so I guess it's okay to start up threads talking about Sonic Mania and Arkham Asylum here.

If Zodd had shown Superman a paradise land he would have joined him.

If Ares had shown Wonder Woman a land of genocide and skulls she would have joined him.

Zodd was not going for Supermans cooperation because superman was already in the ship and weak, so no actual threat. Also its specially mentioned that they were mindfucking Clark and Lois for whatever reasons which leads to the nightmare with the skulls.

He's simply being a faggot. At this point he's off-topic and completely meta in his posts.

I know what I'm doing.

...Are you new here?

When the Sonic Mania animations came out, people started threads for them. And I see often enough threads asking if Arkham series is a good iteration of the characters or good game. Same thing with Telltale Batman.

No.
Zod first showed Clark his childhood home and then showed the skulls when Clatk asked what eould happen to the humans and Zod told him humans would not survive.

Ares from the beginning thought that humans were the reason there was no longer a paradise and he showed her the after image of them being gone.

They both had the same idea of getting tid of humans but choose to show different images.

Personally I saw it as Superman influencing the vision through his own will, while Wonder Woman let Ares do what he felt like.

Man of Steel truly is an idiotic movie.

Still better action than SvB
Snyder is a creatively defunct yes man, or the story of how we lost a decent movie to the editing room floor

Noticed that as well. I liked how it was done it WW. Then again, it probably didn't help Snyder when someone decided to make this as a sample of memorabilia meant to be preserved.

t. european

>there's no way Snyder worked in wonder woman

Fuckimg retard.

>by showing him a vision of DROWNING IN HUMAN SKULLS

no, Superman made that happen, that was because he knew what it meant for humans to have a new era of kriptonians.

is like a dream sequence basically

>Personally I saw it as Superman influencing the vision through his own will

THIS, Superman made that part of the vision happening because that's his reaction to the idea of letting humaniy die

I like how Sup Forums tries to justify the skull sea when Snyder has a desk filled with skulls and he just goes "I like skulls. I think they're cool".

Sometimes a pipe is just a pipe.

Pretty much this.