Cartoons for kids have good animation

>Cartoons for kids have good animation
>Cartoons for adults have trash animation

Why does that happen?

>cartoon for manchildren have trash animation
FTFY

>Cartoons for adults
No such thing, manchild

Adult comedy doesn't need good animation, it's mostly puns and very simple visual gags.

>why does something with more mass appeal have better production values
Gee user, it's a mystery.

>>Cartoons for adults have trash animation

You know that is an exeption to the rule.

"Adult" cartoons only need blood and swearing to appeal to it's target group

They're being held down as they'll not want to allow people to follow Bakshi in doing something unfiltered. As such good luck getting funding for such projects.

Example of*

Because unlike cartoons for children with a wide audience and toyriffic tie-ins, cartoons for adults have such a small, niche audience that they cannot afford their own art.

Heavy Metal 2000 basically encapsulates this. Which fucking sucks since the original had great animation and a lot of character to it despite people meming about tits everywhere.

Cartoons are always for children.

Animation can tell mature stories, but cartoons are always for kids and manchildren, just a way to sell merchandise

>cartoons for kids
>good animation

Adults are plebs.

How do you call fictional stories told through animation directed at adults?

Animation?

Just animation? So, cartoons are for children and animation for adults?
But cartoons are animation too, so I hope you excuse mu confusion.

Animated movies.

People who grew up in the 70s and 80s watched shitty cartoons from Hanna Barbera, Ruby Spears, Filmation, etc. and that's reflected in those cartoons.

Expect adult cartoons 20 years from now to look like Adventure Time, Steven Universe, Loud House, etc.

But what if you're making a tv series?

People aren't willing to dump huge amounts of money into something as risky as an adult cartoon. This is why there are virtually no animated movies for anyone older than twelve.

This may be changing, with more and more young adults getting into animation and being more vocal about their enjoyment of it, but it will be a slow change, as exec types are generally pretty resistant to change.

>I DESERVE BETTER THINGS, I'M LITERALLY FUMING RIGHT NOW
go outside and play with the other manchildren

>I ENJOY EATING SHIT FROM MY HANDS AND YOU SHOULD TO!

This. Very this.

>Cartoons for kids have good animation

More like Animation is a tree, and cartoon is a branch of it specifically for children?

So, we got a tree with two or three branches?

What's it like in the KND?
I see your logic, and honestly think you may be correct.

Why are so many people angry about adults liking cartoons on an image board about cartoons?

>Why are so many people angry about adults liking cartoons

Is that what's going on in this thread?

I'm fucking tired of all this kid vs adult cartoon bullshit.

>execs are resistant to change

Execs hop on the hottest new thing in a heartbeat so they can make money. Animation isn't that thing yet and probably won't be beyond man children and weebs

>Why is there not quality animation in a market that does not demand or appreciate quality animation, in a nation that has no quality animators, for a medium that is incredibly niche?

i dunno

Different kind of change. Shifting demographics and the like are scary as fuck to execs.

>posts a still image