ITT characters who die off screen

ITT characters who die off screen

Other urls found in this thread:

fanfiction.net/s/12557068/1/The-Actions-That-Follow
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Tarkovsky is a hack

>thread

Ashi was best girl

Nostalghia may have been a steaming pile of shit but his other movies are pretty solid

That will never not piss me off. That didn't even need to be the ending, but the way the Guardian was written off was such bull. Traveling Creatures was one of my favorite episodes.

They really made a hash of the last season. All they had to do was do more of the same as always and make some more call backs than they did and people would have ate that shit up.

Season 5 was absolutely flawless for the first 3 episodes then after that it turned to a spectacular rushed shitfest

I still liked the episodes after the first three but they clearly had more flaws. The final episode was a crock of shit though, they really needed a double-length episode or at least better focus.

My opinion:
>first three were god tier
>episodes after that still ranged from okay to good
>anything after Jack getting his sword back = poorly written, rushed garbage
plus I actually like bearded Jack better but maybe that's just me

It makes sense that a portal that can't even forsee its own demise was wrong about the future.

Jack with a beard was great. I hated it when it was removed

I didn't mind the Guardian getting killed off offscreen; at least he was acknowledged. I actually didn't expect them to do that at all.
Him dying felt like a twist of the knife of Jack being stranded for good in the future. You know, until he was sent back. But at the time I thought it wasn't a bad idea, and even afterwards I hold no rancor for his death.

>until he was sent back
I'm still baffled by the choice of destroying EVERY time portal, including the one he was originally GUARANTEED to go through, if they weren't going to full commit to that

>was

Wasn't there a rumor for season 6 happening? How would that even work now?

What do you have against Andrei Rublev you uncultured swine

All that went down the shitter when Genndy decided to retcon his entire series.

>trading THE fight everyone was anticipating and a nicely tied up ending for some monkey girl

/thread

Oh look, a thinly-veiled SJ thread.
You know what that means...
fanfiction.net/s/12557068/1/The-Actions-That-Follow

Can you do better?

Oh wait I have aku powers

Not that user but who knows. I've seen several anons here post better endings than the one we got.

>I WUV YOU

Post your favorite Ashi's!

I honestly wasn't bothered by what we got at all; all I wanted was a conclusion and, from my point of view, I got it.

But this is one user's opinion, I guess everyone else can make of it what they will.

He got back to the past, and while I think that conflicted with the themes being set up throughout the series, we got what was promised.

Of course, I understand that we all have different opinions. The series getting a conclusion at all was great in itself.
I personally would have preferred that Jack would have turned into that vision from the Guardian episode, and stayed in the future as a world-renowned legendary hero after defeating Aku. It'd have a moral like "no matter how bad things get, you can always get back up" and I like that kind of thing.

My theory is that as the end approached Genndy got cold feet about not sending Jack back to the past and he decided to do so despite the theme he had been writing the whole season. Whatever he had chosen I would have been fine with; both options are viable to me, although I have to admit that I would have preferred it if Jack stayed in the past.
It would still leave him unable to die, though. Ashi might be immortal too, but still, being alive until the sun blows up is a little messed up.

I definitely don't feel completely fulfilled by the ending, and seeing the credits roll for episode CI always gives me feels. But I know that that's the last I'll see of SJ; not counting Quantum Jack, but who knows if it'll be any good. It was definitely bittersweet, Genndy, you fuck.
Plus, at least I have