What if this show got rebooted?

>Mandy
Is only mean to Billy because she is a lesbian and is struggling to come out

>Billy
Is only an idiot because he's gay and is struggling to come out

>Grim
He isn't in it because death is triggering

The sophomore-tier humor was really new and interesting when I was a kid.
But now all of us are over that. The show's humor, in 2017, is milquetoast, mediocre.

>but what if the humor evolved so it was still fresh in the current year?
We grew up, the author was already an adult, he just got older.

they'd probably make a grim a black guy or something

It wouldnt, grim's voice would be considered racist somehow

he already sounded like a Jamaican

I'd watch The Grim Adventures of Dr. Facilier

Please no, have we not learnt from the Powerpuff Girls, leave them as a fond memory imbecile

>creator is involved
Mostly the same but with the obligatory change in the artstyle
>creator is not involved
Mandy becomes an ever bigger mary sue, many memorable secondary characters never show up, the humor is much worse and the artstyle would look like shit

Yeah, they'd probably give him a "black" sounding voice or something

>he doesn't know

He was voiced by a black guy, but I get what you're saying that they would shove black identity politics onto grim

It would only work if it got rebooted for Adult Swim.

I do admit I'd be curious to see what would they do with it. If they ever did, I hope the animation stayed the same instead of going for that shitty cheap animation style all adult cartoons seem to aim for.
Not like TGAoBaM had a remarkably impressive art style; it was functional at best, but at least it looked good.

:^D

At which point did they decide to make the Grim Reaper have a Jamaican accent anyway? Was it planned from the start or a spur of the moment decision?

It would be the Underfist spinoff
Billy & Mandy still holds up/is a timeless episodic cartoon
A reboot isn't needed as it's cheaper to reair the original

Spur of the moment.

While an action based show with all those characters could be pretty cool, I hate Fred Fredburger too much to give him a staring role. Skarr, Jeff, Hoss and to a lesser extent Irwin are fine.

>Grim was originally supposed to be voiced by Jonathan Harris and be given a British accent, but Greg Eagles was hired instead. Also, Eagles originally intended to give Grim a Swedish accent, but his attempts sounded more Jamaican than Swedish. The writers then decided to just let Grim have a Jamaican accent instead.

You can really tell how they decided to stick by it as the seasons went by. The accent really thickened with time.

>Introduce a 4th metrotransatlanticcosmopolitianmetaphysicalagender character
>Add recycled memes
>Have a progressive cast of voice actors
>Add "current year" sitcom memes

11/10 reboot.

I'd pay to see this animated.

>The show's humor, in 2017, is milquetoast, mediocre.

The grossout gags and randomness? Sure. Fredfredburger was hated even then for that reason.

The ridiculous and farfetched situational jokes? Maybe. Those were hit and miss, but when they were good, they were great.

But this show had the best one liners of any series this side of Spongebob. And that is just as true today as it was back then

>Bleedman

The campiest of campy
Give it the Samurai Jack treatment and put it on Adult Swim so it can build up the gore and toilet humor
And let Voltaire do the new theme song

I have so much hope for Dead Meat because i think Max can really pull this style well without treading into Mr. Pickles r the worst side f Family Guy territory

more like Shadman

I've said this before, but I think if the Grim Adventures debuted right now, instead of back then, it would be way more popular, but that's on ONE condition.

They cut out the "stupid humor". Seriously, that show has such an interesting premise with a lot of potential but they really overused stupid, gross-out and generally dumb humor.

Make it come back, but this time, it NEEDS to be written by competent, clever writers who care about what they're doing. If they can do that, a Grim Adventures reboot would be one of the most popular animated shows today.

I believe his voice actor was the one who came up with it, as a joke at first.

Grim has a Jamaican accent because the pilot of the show if about a game of limbo in Limbo.

at least i can jerk it to shadman

>Jerking to anything Shadman makes
have some self-respect user