When will the stigma that western animation is cheap, childish...

When will the stigma that western animation is cheap, childish, and not a form of art die off so that more works that actually had an effort put into it will be made? It can be better and honestly amazing stuff can be made, but still doesn't get taken serously.

Other urls found in this thread:

cartoonbrew.com/award-season-focus/proof-that-oscar-voters-are-clueless-about-animation-109456.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

why should the west conform to eastern standards (japan)?

why can't japan do what the west does in terms of non-animated shows?

I wasn't talking about eastern standards

When Western animators stop churning out nothing but cheap, childish artless trash

It doesn't help that at the awards like oscars they've admitted they don't even care about what movie or show they vote for, they just vote for whatever they took their kids to.

/thread

When standards rise high enough that people who can draw more than 1 kind of art style at more than one angle come into prominence.

all of them need to be shot...kids included.

It makes me wonder why they even bother with animation in the first place.

Back when the Beauty and the Beast was nominated for best pictures this mentality was clearly established. They felt the need to add a category for animation only because "we can't allow shit kiddy stuff to compete with ACTUAL cinema".

How in the hell was Beauty and the Beast nominated in the first place?

How does this make you feel
cartoonbrew.com/award-season-focus/proof-that-oscar-voters-are-clueless-about-animation-109456.html

I fucking remember reading about this from other sources.....I have never wanted to waterboard someelse more than this guy since.

Because it was and still is a pretty damn good movie.

Yeah, this shit is scandalous. I mean it; you have this people here being fucking proud of not doing their work and no one seems to call them out. Fuck everyone involved in this shit.

I hope Voter 5 ESPECIALLY gets EVERY cancer.

>When will the stigma that western animation is cheap, childish, and not a form of art die off so that more works that actually had an effort put into it will be made?
You have that backwards.

Despite adults liking animation being more of a thing these days, the stima is still there and you can tell by the results

When Sup Forums and every other fanbase of animation stops being an apologist for cheap animation and poor art styles.
I don't want to live in a world where shit like Summercamp Island is the norm, as poorly animated as Hannah Barbera cartoons were at least they art style was pleasing. I understand cartoons have small budgets but if the west applied it in a way similar to anime, with most of the animation budget going into important key scenes and corner cutting elsewhere, instead of consistently mediocre. Also more interesting framing and cinematography, no more 1/4th view shit.

That doesn't answer my question exactly.
Beauty and the Beast somehow managed to slip its way into being a nominee. How did it get that far without getting stomped out by people who regarded that animated movie as a joke?

can we just find these people...and rape them?

Like with video games, most fans of animation are manchildren who don't actually know anything about art and only want the recognition of being artistic and mature so they can feel better about themselves
In short kill yourself

Different time, maybe? I have to confess that I'm a very young adult, so I wasn't really that aware when the movie came out. Or, you, hadn't been born, so I can't tell very well, but perhaps the mentality that animation is just for kids is kind of new. Disney did use to have a pretty wide spectrum of cartoons for everyone, and Warner Bros could entertain people of all ages.

No you moron, he's saying that animation carries that stigma BECAUSE it's cheap and childish.

>BECAUSE it's cheap and childish
It doesn't have to be and it shouldn't be