Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5BaOvM9jXKg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The viewers who prefer Futurama.

farnie-poo

The Harlem Globe Trotters.

the one that doesnt believe in god

Rick is smarter.

He build his gadgets without any future help. Well, except for the aliens.

>All of Farnsworth's doomsday devices work
>Rick's have a large chance to be a dud

Good news, everyone!

Rick is smarter obviously

Professor is a better character in a better show though, and I say this as someone who likes rick and morty

This. Bubblegum Tate can break these fools' ankles any day.

Good news, everyone! Rick may be smarter, but you are reading this in my voice. Oh my, yes.

Farnsworth because the writers of futurama are actually really smart and come up with new math formula's in order for some plots to be resolved. Rick can just create plot devices just because he's a Gary Stu.

Rick is an alcoholic

He's an idiot

fpbp

>they're this insecure
fedora tier i swear.

I think Rick's better at working with nothing. When he's alone and unequipped Farnsworth is pretty much helpless. Rick would've escaped from that deep space old peoples matrix system in a snap.

But Farnsworth accomplishments like faster than light travel, time travel, alcohol powered sentient robots, the smell-o-scope, a what if machine that grants visual depictions of any hypothetical no matter how outrageous, these are way beyond Rick's level. Way way way beyond. The most he could manage was other universe's silly cable shows.

Rick's greatest accomplishment to date is inter-dimensional travel. He says in the new season opener, the only way he can experience his stupid meme sauce is to do it through an advanced memory machine. Time travel is the fucking lay up for Farnsworth.

God canonically exists in both shows.

But Futurama and Rick&Morty are literally interchangeable. I dont see how you could like one but hate the other.

The Professor makes all of his inventions on a whim and on a basis of "it just works". He's not smarter, but he's got a much better track record.

get out of my fuckig head

how could you forget about the best invention of all, the fing-longer

Kindnof a pointless question when you consider that intelligence for Sup Forums related characters doesn't have to actually be shown through their actions and decisions-making process, candy is more often than not "The Writer had him invent X-gadget offscreen and predict Y-Twist and counter it with no explanation! Isn't he smart guys?" It's really as pointless as powerlevel discussions.

>a what if machine that grants visual depictions of any hypothetical no matter how outrageous

That thing that he did that let you see your life in alternate universe isnt basicaly the same thing, considering the inifinite possibilities?

>edgy obnoxious teenager nihilism vs fun senile nihilism

Rick was incapable of creating a time machine to obtain Mulan sauce

Farnsworth would be able to build one in his sleep

yeah but Farnsworth you can ask and directly pinpoint whatever you want,

What is it with mad scientists wearing blue sweaters and slacks?

>hate
You don't have to hate one to see the other one is better.

Rick didn't invent that, he bought it.

but that timeline never happened
or am i misremembering

The professor has the more interesting collection of assorted lengths of wire.

Is this even a question?

The one who make a time machine

he ended up making it, you can see it in some episodes

one is funny and the *hic* other is lol so randum xD

Futurama doesn't rely on "LE PICKLE RICK XD" Reddit-tier randumb """""humor""""".

Obligatory nice digits

the biggest crime futurama did was abusing too much the "we want it to be dramatic/we want romance" thing a bit too much towards the end.

Rick's is like a tv without a remote, you can just flip through the channels till you find one you like.
Farnsworth's takes requests.

I'm sad if you actually believe that

>fun senile nihilism

That's a pretty good way of describing it user

futurama writing was good for a few seasons then declined into pop culture, r&m has been pop-culture like all the other zombie cartoons since the first season

farnsworth. how is that even a question?

Rick seems smarter on the surface but ya gotta remember the Professor made a time travelling machine and such

regardless Professor is better in general though

I haven't kept up with R&M since Season 2 started, but has Rick seriously never built a time machine of any sort?

I'm a fan of both shows, Rick is smarter but it's also lazy and not interested on the well-being of others, he won't create anything unless his life is at risk or when it is absolutely needed, thus greatly limiting his inventions, Farnsworth on the other side is less smart but he actually puts effort and dedication on his work, allowing him to achieve greater deeds than Rick, who can theoretically outsmart farnsworth, but he simply won't because he's a lazy irredeemable alcoholic.

Closest thing he did was stopping time at the start of Season 2 which led to a whole lotta shit but I don't think he ever made a straight up time travel machine no

You nimrods are going at this all wrong

>Rick lives with his family like a bum in a perpetual alcoholic blur because he haaaaaaaaaates his genius boohoohoohoohoo does he or does he not care for his loved ones woe is me my big shining intellect

>Professor Farnsworth is a tenured professor with his own very spacious house, space ship, doubtlessly very financially stable from his hundreds of patents and miraculous inventions even assuming as much Mom backstabbing as possible, can run the primary plot devices virtually stress and involvement free because Planet Express is just a quaint hobby to him, and even has a Son and a solid relationship with the current Plan-Ex crew.

Some of the new Futurama seasons tried to play up Farnsworth and Fry being at each other's throats every so oftne but for the most part, Farnsworth is content, secure, famous and confident. He's generally at peace and happy. Better luck next life, Rick!

Seriously though pay attention across the entire series, the PlanEx building is insanely comfy looking.

Rick, since the writers want Rick to be the most smartest Marty Stu in the whole multiverse and he's so much more smarter than your character.

Professor Farnsworth is much better written.

DAYUUMMMMMMMM

Rick moves through dimensions as his primary gimmick. He uses this ability primarily to steal shit from alien civilizations so he can get drunk or high, or showboat in front of his family.

Farnsworth moves entire dimensions around him, and considered it so banal he didn't even bother to explain he'd done so as part of his stardrive design. He uses this ability primarily to deliver things to alien civilizations so he can build more ridiculous science things and help out his family.

They're both incredibly intelligent individuals who looked into the abyss of dimensional science. Sanchez blinked, Farnsworth just needed a stronger spectacle prescription.

>"muh szechuan sauce"
go dunk your dick into some sauce

cause that's the closest of you having sex, you nihilism faggot

I think he's basically said that he could, but it's more trouble than it's worth and extremely risky.

I dunno why they had Fry and Farmsworth fighting, it was weird.

Have you watched Futurama? A lot of the jokes are extremely dated daytime 2000s television tier. The overall arching story was cool and ambitious for the time, but it's full of unnatural dialogue meant to justify a lame joke, like Fry asking if Soylent Cola was any good so that Leela could say "Eh, it varies from person to person."

Rick by far. He made his own damn universe to run his car. He regularly takes laws of reality and twists them into pretzels. But he's not a fun character.

Farnsworth doesn't know this stuff, his inventions are more to probe into these things he doesn't know and have fun while doing it

Rick is smarter, but Farnsworth is better.

you're right, "im pickle rick i'mmm a pickle morty look at me wobby wow wazzle." is way better.

I don't watch Rick and Morty.

Rick doesn't seem very intelligent, he just has the magic power to be able to build anything out of anything. I think one of the X-men could do that, and he wasn't very smart either.

>guy from a show about alternate dimensions who hasn't invented a time machine
>guy from a show about time travel who hasn't invented a dimension hopper

You guys are going about this all wrong. I'm sure either of them could invent both of those things, it's just that neither of them really want to.

>zero punctuation
>Rick
turbo-fedora lord

>>guy from a show about time travel who hasn't invented a dimension hopper
Didn't Farnsworth do that when he invented the box that contained an alternate universe and they all met their clones?

Farnsworth is Rick in a different Universe.

The R&M writers think time travel is op Futurama had the parallel universe boxes for an episode. I guess they realized that the "every dimension is a stupid novelty" joke only works for a single episode. Good on them for that.

That has never been a joke in Rick and Morty so I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.

He's just following the latest trend of taking out pf context Rick and Morty moments and trying to paint the whole show as that, like people who think the show is just religion bashing because Rick has, what, 3 lines of dialogue expressing atheism? One of which is preceded by him praying to god.

He probably saw some images of the butt dimension or the greasy grandma one and figured that every single dimension is that way.

I get disliking Rick And Morty but I don't understand this trend of making blatantly false things to bitch about. Why not criticize the overuse of gore? Or the sophomoric nihilism that's been appearing lately?

Why make an inter-dimensional travel device when the only parallel universe is Cowboy universe, where they all lord their hats over you?

Post-parabox creation of the multi-verse, not withstanding

pretty much this

Fransworth had the whole interdimensional box thing though

Rick may be smart but has he ever built a machine that produces glow-in-the-dark noses to wear over your regular non-glowing nose? I didn't think so

And yet neither could produce the finglonger

>Rick
>has to invent something so it can feel existential dread

>Professor Farnsworth
>manages to teach a pre-existing toaster how to feel love

This. The Futurama writers actually brushed up on various schools of science before doing episodes.

Rick is just a god because "science".

The Futurama writers cannot handle science and comedy at the same time. That episode that created an entire new math theorem was also one of the most poorly written episodes in the series.

Also, Rickle In Time. That's all.

It's a R & M running gag that you don't mess with time. Besides how the writers used S2E1 to show that fucking with the time stream is basically Russian roulette, Rick canonically has his time travel stuff on the shelf (i.e, the show literally shelved time travel stuff)

Some day, though.

Some day...

Rick & Morty is Futurama for people who can't get laid.

Rick only lives with his family and his mentally challenged grandson because his brainwaves are so powerful that aliums come to kidnap him on a daily basis basically by the hour. his grandson prevents this, rick uses hm as an intelligence shield to block off most aliens.

Think about two elderly people, one lives at home with family, the other lives alone with a "Descendant" that has barely any relation, not even allowed to retire.

Rick however he's much bigger idiot at too. Yes, you can be smart and stupid person

Wait if the fourth dimension is time, so all existing moments of a universe visible at once, and Rick is able to travel between alternate (alternates being either the 5th or 6th dimension), why can't he move to a version of his own dimension 20 years newer to get the if he already has a teleporter capable of doing something even more complicated?

was the professor even actually smart?
the only thing i can remember signalling him being smart was him teaching at mars university but other than that he did nothing
everything he invented or created they presumably would already have in the future

To get the sauce*

He was the one who created robots that were powered by alcohol

Farnsworth isn't even the smartest in his own universe. He probably makes marginally more advanced things then Rick (I'm thinking in particular of the spaceship drive that moves the universe around the spaceship) but he's working with 1000 years advancement in science to back him up. Plenty of other scientists in his era, particularly WEEEERNSTROM, are on his level. If Rick is even able to compete, he's automatically smarter, since he's working from a 1000 year handicap. He doesn't have someone else's advances in portal science to work off.

Their biggest sin was resetting it every fucking time. I loathe that flip-flopping will-they-won't-they horseshit. Either hook them up and show gradual progression to that point or don't do it at all.
This same shit ruined Friends and Scrubs and countless other shows.

He invited most of the future's core tech like FTL travel and sentient robots.

We live in a 3D1T universe (three dimensions of space and one dimension of time). You can move along the XYZ axis of space, but you can only move one direction in time: forward.

The Sci-Fi trope that "time" is 4D isn't real.

Wait I thought he didn't invent FTL, he just invented the fastest form of FTL, and it was used only on the Planet Express ship

Then what is the 4th dimension?

Of the two, Farnsworth.

I'd back Heinz against either of them when it comes to actually making things though.

ANIME UNIVERSE BABY

haven't watched any of season 3 but i hope they backed off from the rick christology of season 2

>Rick was incapable of creating a time machine to obtain Mulan sauce
What are you talking about? It's the first thing he's shown to have created.

How was that awkward tho?

>t. brainlets
time is just a function of entropy, not a dimension.

Farnzeworth literally created his own existence in a two fold multiverse paradox, and he wasn't even completely sure how he did it. He now has said universe he was created in within a 4th dimensional box. The best Rick has on him is his Microverse engine(s), which isn't nearly as impressive.

youtube.com/watch?v=5BaOvM9jXKg

>He made his own damn universe to run his car.
Small time mah boy. Small time.
>He regularly takes laws of reality and twists them into pretzels.
Farnsworth literally pulls the entire universe around his spaceship to achieve faster than light travel. He's also mastered traveling backwards and forwards through time, peer into theoretical timelines, smell the universe, and has a dope ass finger extender.

Id say Heinz is probably the best father of the three.

the one that designed beautiful women

>finger extender
fuck yes