Have always been the unpopular "Meme X-Men"

>Have always been the unpopular "Meme X-Men"
>Finally get a push
>It's at the expense of one of Marvel's most popular franchises which does nothing but generate hate from Marvel's fanbase
>The big crossover they have with the X-Men does nothing but make them look like a bunch of incompetent sociopathic assholes
>Get a movie deal
>Doesn't pan through
>Get a show deal
>It's helmed by literally the worst combination of people
>Show flops

Is there a more JUST Sup Forums franchise?

>>Have always been the unpopular "Meme X-Men"

So you never read a classic Inhumans book? Like ever?

Stopped reading right there, don't need to waste more time on someone who knows nothing.

I've never read an Inhumans book and even I know they were nothing like the X-Men until recently.

Which one got their powers from extraterrestrial life tampering with humans?

>Is there a more JUST Sup Forums franchise?- 3 posts shown.
Yes, the mutie scum.

The Inhumans about twenty years before x-men got retconned into that

>incompetent sociopathic assholes

Like Israel?

The inhumans did, long before they inserted that into the x-men.

>Is there a more JUST Sup Forums franchise?
COMING THROUGH!

Inhumans vs. Fan4stic

>incompetent sociopathic assholes
Yeah, it did a pretty bad job of portraying them accurately. They're not supposed to be incompetent sociopathic assholes. They're supposed to be competent sociopathic assholes.

The "X-gene is the result of Celestial tampering" retcon came decades after "Inhumans are the result of Kree tampering." By your logic, the X-men are the Inhumans rip-off.

Still upset about Wonder Woman, eh?

Member when they unleashed a giant lethal fart into the planet's atmosphere and if you turned into one of them you would be forced to join their society? Then after that Cyclops stared at it and only adjusted it so it would not kill people anymore, and because he made that adjustment people were calling him Hitler?

I'm so glad that x-fags exist, because they make every other capeshit fandom look great by comparison.

To be fair, no one but a small vocal minority even like Cyclops, in universe and out of it. So they could call him Hitler for picking the mail a little late and most people would accept it.

I'm glad you exist, for pretty much the same reason.

Remember when terrigen was super lethal to humans, giving them powers at the cost of their cells breaking down, but only served to make mutants powers go haywire for a while?

I almost wonder if the writers purposely wrte thsi bad.

>X-men fans complain Marvel has been fucking them for years
>somehow a bad thing
I cannot even begin to imagine the amount of Marvel dick you suck everyday

tricked :^)

You captured my post, so I feel obliged to reply.

They got 20 years of the X-Men being treated as Marvel's biggest and most important franchise, and another decade where it was still big and important, but no longer #1, then it all ended, so now the fans are losing it because movie rights mean that the X-Men just aren't that important to Marvel anymore, and the cartoons, games and merchandise they thought would always be there have suddenly stopped.

There are still a lot more X-Men comics being published than Marvel would need to publish if they were really trying to kill the franchise, but it's never ever going to be enough.

It's a fanbase that's permanently angry, never going to be satisfied, and the number of readers that seem to have internalized the mutants' own persecution-complex only makes the fans seem worse. But the fans are unwilling to just let go and move on, because they're like fans of a once-great sports team, they all hope that things will turn around eventually if they just stick through the bad times. The irony of this being that Marvel have known for a long time that a bad X-book with the correct lineup of characters will sell just as well as a good one. This is why X-Men Gold is one of Marvel's better selling books.

as an X Fag, my hope is either a heart attack of Ike, or Disney getting rid of him (or bossing him and telling him what to do). And fate could also change from successful Fox movies changing the mind of Marvel.

The no xmen in videogames, no merchandise, using the Xmen to push the Inhumans, isnt nowhere close to being a pure rational economic driven choice. It is a "we are doing so fine we can allow ourselves to be petty" choice.
It is true that comics are a drop of water in the ocean of Disney, but companies want all their divisions to do good, if they arent doing good, they change things. Sony wants cameras, tvs, videogames, entertainment, every single one, to do good.
If Marvel comics ruled by Ike becomes a fucking mess that brings bad publicty, puts the market at risk, and Marvel loses money or loses to DC comics, Disney will try to fix the situation firing and hiring whoever they need.

Also, X-Men fans dont want to be the "number 1" Marvel franchise, because it doesnt mean much for them. X-Men at their best lived in their own corner of Marvel with almost no crossover at all in any way with the rest of Marvel. Think of the Morrison run, it never got interrupted by a crossover event, and you never see anything of the rest of Marvel in it. The same goes for most Claremont stories.
X Men can thrive without affecting the rest of Marvel, that is why what Marvel does is so petty.

And the reality is that Marvel needs the X-Men to prop up all of their shitty, less interesting characters.

If Marvel could turn the X-Men into shitty comedy flicks instead of doing that with shit that nobody cares about when Marvel isn't in the midst of meme popularity (like Avengers), they would make TWICE as much money per movie.

People still don't actually give a shit about Captain Jingoism, Iron Man and Hulk. They just like pretty colors, explosions and comedy.

Imagine the characters being interesting on top of all that.

>Ewing and Priest are writing comics at the exact moment that the Inhumans have lost credibility in the mainstream.

>Meme
Define this word

Member how the Inhumans also make sure that if you end up as being big and dumb they make you into their underground slaves?

the fantastic 4 are popular characters who only had one bad movie and two average movies with everything else being great for them

Diff user, I always seen Inh. as X-Men / Eternals mix. And if you're going to continue arguing, I will post pages proving me right, so don't fuck with me

Spider-fags are worse. Also Doomfags, Batmanfags, Superfags. Any fandom sucks, Ike

I am glad that FF is dead, just because of your post.

Being Ewing is suffering.

>this is what x-fags actually believe

This is the truth, otherwise marvel wouldn't be farming x-men to various franchises

Uncanny avengers and other mixups are created because marvel dont want fox to get another new x-men stories, making them part of other franchises is their tactic for that so fox cant claim stuff that not from x-books.

It's bullshit and you know it. The only adaptation that Fox did was DOFP, and even that story is radically different from the source material. Fox doesn't need marvel comics to make stories.

>FF fans don't whine daily

because there aren't any

>calling cyclops hitler

nah, that shit started waaaaaay before IvX because cyclops was keeping beast out of the loop and then cyclops fans couldn't understand why beast wouldn't trust someone who keeps secrets

here's a pic of cyclops lecturing legion about lack of communication

X-Men characters dying wouldn't be a problem if Ike dropped his "No more new mutant characters" mandate.

There are plenty of new characters, it's just that marvel in its current state is all about rehash after rehash

They don't need new characters, they have tons of obscure characters they could develop instead. But lesser known characters always just seem like more boring versions of popular ones.

Digging through 60s x-men, there are plenty of characters that never were revisited, like Lucifer, Dominus, Outcast, Demi-Men, Mutant Master, Mekano, etc.

It's funny that Thunderbolts used Ogre and gave him personality

in humans look like something a child would create while trying to emulate superheroes.

Legit trash.

fuck off back to Sup Forums

X-men have been continuesly shit on since House Of M

But at least they still have good stories

>>Have always been the unpopular "Meme X-Men"
fuck you alonso

X-Men had their day. Now the books are complete dog shit. What Marvel really needs is follow the shekels, as D&C would say.

Cater to their audiences' demands. It's not like capeshit has ever had any other purpose than empowerment escapist fantasy.

Cyclops has been shit ever since Matt Fraction's Uncanny X-Men run.

Not to mention Cyclops' secret keeping and militant stance pissed off his older friends and Nightcrawler was planning on leaving the X-Men until he was killed by Bastion.

I could handle things until Second Coming.
Everything after that was completely garbage.
Schism, AvX, reboots after reboots...

inhumans should inexist

but that was one of the best quality stories period, at least until Schism. And even after we still had good stuff. Like Gillens Uncanny, Uncanny X Force, X Men Legacy.

Schism-Avengers vs X-Men is when everything goes to hell. And then we get Bendis and the Marvel-Fox fight, and later the Inhuman Push terrigen mist story.

>Implying movie audiences care about X-Men characters other than Wolverine, Magneto, Xavier and Mystique.
>Implying the movies bothered to make any of the other characters interesting.
>Implying the MCU is only popular for comedy, memes and explosions.
>Implying that the X-Men movies are overall of a higher quality.

The first two X-Men movies aren't as good as you remember them being, and normies always liked the 3rd one more.

The second trilogy got progressively worse, and only one of the 3 Wolverine movies surpassed the level of "OK".

The Inhumans pre-date the Eternals, and pre-date the Celestials, let alone the idea of the Celestials engineering mutants.

Madrox and Cyclops are the only characters to have died. Madrox could return at any time and explain it away in one line. Bringing Cyclops back would take more effort, but there's already a young Cyclops.

But the X-Men franchise is perfectly capable of surviving without those two for a few years until they inevitably return.

Raging about it just makes you look like you started reading comics yesterday and have no idea how these things work.

What are some good Inhuman stories? I want to take advantage of the Comixology sale.

It sucks because Black Bolt was a really cool Marvel character, he would have been sweet in the movies if introduced in an Avengers or Guardians movie.

He just...can't carry his own film/show, because he's weird and can't talk. That doesn't make him a bad character, he always works best as a semi-plot device who come in at a crucial moment and speaks a word to fuck someone up.

>The only adaptation that Fox did was DOFP

X2 was GLMK and X3 was Whedon's Cure

The 2004 series won an Eisner and is generally regarded as good.
They really were used well up until this current bullshit push that started during Infinity.
Even their old appearances generally served a purpose.
The graphic novel by Ann Nocenti and Bret Blevins is alright too

when did Cyclops stop being boring?

The Jenkins/Lee mini from the 90s, Secret Invasion: Inhumans, and War of Kings. The Black Bolt ongoing is one of Marvel's best currently running books.

Silent War is good if you don't mind some mind-control-induced NTR.

When he cheated on Jean with Emma Frost, followed by Jean dying, followed by him dating Emma Frost*, followed by becoming the leader of the X-Men replacing Charles, followed by M Day (wanda depowers almost all mutants on earth, only 198 remain), and him becoming the sole leader of mutantkind, an endangered species, which requires doing what needs to be done for survival, instead of doing the "heroic" thing. Many people blame the change in Scott to Emma, because a former telepathic supervillain became his lover and right hand.

*Jean made them date, dead Jean woke up from her phoenix egg over a century into the future, it was a post apocalyptic hell of the worst kind, she realized it happened because after her death Scott retired and lived like a lonely depressed alcoholic, and she changed the future by going with her mind to the past, and making Scott wanting to continue living past her, date Emma Frost, and continue with the X-Men.

Maybe if you're a casual. Cyclops has shown badassness since the early days, including through the 90s. Morrison's run didn't do anyone any favors.

Or it proves you want better comics. Spider-Man replaced with Potto for a whole year was stupid. Cap staying dead for 2 years, thn without the shild for another, then getting old within a year and then getting turned into a nazi, then replaced with a cosmic cube copy is moronic. Thor not using his own name and hammer because his former girlfriend uses it now for years is completely idiotic, and don't get me started on all the recent retcons. People just want to read about characters they like and Marvel shouldn't take readers for granted, it's ridiculous that they don't see why they're bleeding readers profusely.

This. Not defending House of M, but what came after it was decent despite bendis' influence for a while.

>Implying movie audiences care about X-Men characters other than Wolverine, Magneto, Xavier and Mystique.
Movie audience was crazy about Nightcrawler though, and he wasn't even anywhere close to comics Nightcrawler.

Shit retcon should be undone for a change.

Morrisons run did him a huge favor.
I have read everything written by Claremont, even what I disliked, like Excalibur.
I liked Cyclops, but I didnt like Cyclops + Jean from XFactor, and I dont like much 90s X-Men. And that is what Cyclops was in the late 90s. (+ what people thought from the cartoon)

The change of Cyclops, according to what is canon in the comics, originated in his possession by Apocalypse in the "The Twelve" storyline. That possession made him realize some dark shameful things about himself, he begun to feel he was being dishonest with himself, he was afraid of was his wife would think, that made him be apart from his wife, to the point they hadnt had sex in many months, Emma made fun of Scott's celibacy, and Jean was beggin Logan for a fuck (he said no).

>The change of Cyclops, according to what is canon in the comics, originated in his possession by Apocalypse in the "The Twelve" storyline.
That was well shown when they found him and in Eve of Destruction. He had died like a boss, and I'm sure Marvel wouldn't have let him be "in the background", from what I recall, editors weren't too happy about the movie's shitty treatment of him. What came later was just morrison being morrison.

>and Jean was beggin Logan for a fuck
There's no defending that.

The Jean thing still annoys me. The fact that Logan blew her off was icing on the cake.

I heard the Logan/Jean thing was pretty much put to rest by the time Morrison came on board, but Morrison brought it back.
Is that true?

I don't remember it being THAT blatant before.
And yeah, by then Wolverine had grown mature enough and respected Scott and Jean a lot. By the time they got married I think that was a non-issue.
Also the bond between Scott and Jean was shown to be too strong