Think of an 80's anime you like. Got it?

Think of an 80's anime you like. Got it?
The anime receives a westernized adaptation by Netflix, with western writers and voice actors and the like. It's by all intents and purposes a cartoon now instead of an anime.
How is it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ItCMX3A1qaE
youtube.com/watch?v=e8um1N78AhY
youtube.com/watch?v=Y_PilHB8f9c
netflix.com/title/60037734
youtube.com/watch?v=PQQWZ4WmQ5c
youtube.com/watch?v=sBN5U-nA6Is
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I was going to say Macross, but then I remembered they've been trying to revive Robotech for years now and got sad.

I'm sure they'll do something decent with Robotech SOME day. Voltron was in the edge of irrelevancy once too.

does dragon ball count

Sure, let's go crazy.

Dijes Thundercats count?

>Ranma 1/2

Oh nooooooooooooooooooooo!

I feel lilke they'd keep most dub VAs desu

How the hell is Thundercats an anime?

Studio Mir should still do it

St Seiya is getting one though.

I think they'd be able to do something cool with Ronin Warriors.

Yeah, like show what the purified version of the enemy armors could do. If I remember correctly, they were originally based on the Seasons before Talpa corrupted them.

>Legend of the Galactic Heroes
I don't really see that one happening

Netflix Saint Seiya has western writers?

It'd probably work fairly well if the right creative team handled it, honestly.

>Bubblegum Crisis
I'm OK with this!

>Osomatsu-kun
The Spanish edit/dub was pretty good, but I would not have very high hopes for this. It would either be South Park-lite or like the new Chipmunks series, when it should just be a simple series about six demon children.

fuck off already weaboos

I'm not. It was the most 80s thing imaginable, thinking of it being handled by modern western writers is horrifying. BGC 2040 was bad enough.

Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind

Welp, Warriors of the Wind was the first version of Nausicaa I ever saw. I hope it's just like that nostalgic abomination. That way I can bitterly laugh both at it and my tainted childhood memories of butchered Nausicaa

> Think of an 80's anime you like. Got it?

no

Getter Robo.
Probably like the 70's show with better animation- aka a theme park version of the original manga

mobile suit gundam
I mean it'd be pretty similar to voltron but yeah it could work

Yes and I am terrified.

>Terrified
>Implying Kurumada hasn't already fucked Saint Seiya like 101 times

Lost Canvas is the only legitmately good one in my opinion and that isn't even canon.

You trust westerners to strike the right balance of hotblooded shonen and subtle homoeroticism?

that doesn't stop it from having it's roots as an anime tho.

Dougram would end up being controversial, wouldn't it?

G.I. Joe.

The difference is that Macross actually is somewhat relevant, its just so far beyond the MAcross series robotech began with and its fandom hate robotech for blocking the ability for later series to be localized.

I have a strange relationship with Macross myself, I think the first series has the best setup and a lot of the newer series push the music idol aspect too hard. I do love a lot of the newer designs for the series, if a bit too detailed. I like how, unlike Transformers, which keeps going back to the g1 designs, Macross continues to push the boundaries of their style, without veering into weird tangents like Bayfrmers. In that regard I would like a Macross reboot that would modernize things.

I liked Saintia Sho ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

>VOTOMS

bad.

>Urusei Yatsura
No please.

The only decent thing HG can do at this point is selling the rights back so actual Macross can be released here. They have not done anything worthwile in the past 10 years and it's retarded to believe they someday will.

Does it have anyone from the Voltron crew on it?

Please say no.

>thinking macross = robotech
i will hurt you

You have to have Josh Keaton voicing at least one character.

Not 80's but I would really enjoy the bastardization that this show would receive.

is trigun from the 80? I honestly don´t know

Not me. She does karate.

>urusei yatsura

Mite be cool but it probably end up like Star VS

Did Saintia Sho dig itself out of the hole they created by having Saga take center stage and the thing descend into yet aboyher goldwanking manga? I was actually invested in the conflict between Sho and Eris goddamnit.

>Patalliro

Oh my.

Thats fine.

As long as it doesn't result in the fanbase becoming a depraved hive of psychotic yaoi shippers.

I think Fist of The North Star would work as long as the violence isn't messed with too much

Don't have one, unless you count Angel's Egg, which is a movie.

>Western Adaptation: I dunno. I don't wanna know HOW will they fuck up with a movie with very minimal dialog & surreal imagery.

>Reaction: The same thing I got from watching this: The fuck am I watching?

sooo... no?

Patlabor. '89 is still the 80's.

I just want more Patlabor.

I want to see a western Gundam show.

It is even sadder when you look at what the Japs did to it with Macross Delta.

Great Japanese original that had a great localization that may as well be its own show too. Regardless of which route they took, I don't think it could live up to Kyatto Ninden Teyandee or Samurai Pizza Cats.

>Metal Armor Dragonar
I think it would be indistinguishable from the Voltron reboot, and no opening can ever compete with youtube.com/watch?v=ItCMX3A1qaE

youtube.com/watch?v=e8um1N78AhY

There's a bit of a problem with the fact that a lot of things in the original show, like the cannon thing they shot themselves out of, were obscure references to Japanese pop culture.
A creative enough writing team could do wonders with a reboot, but I'd prefer a japanese studio to handle it either way.

Would it kill you to google it? Also, no.

Dragon Ball, and by extension Dragon Ball Z, by a western writing team would be crazy.

>The difference is that, Macross actually is somewhat relevant, its just so far beyond the original series robotech began with, and its fandom, they hate robotech for blocking the ability for later series to be localized.

Uuuuh, commas?, do you know em?

The precedent is the kinda very bad live-action movies.

I'd still like it. Guyver is cheesy, played straight, and I would have faith it could turn out damn good.

>what is pacific rim

Damn, you read my mind. Guess I'll pick another body horror monster anime.

Delta's first half was solid.

Windniggers just ruined the second half.

>City Hunter

well, we technically already got one

youtube.com/watch?v=Y_PilHB8f9c

(in this day and age, this is basically what a best case scenatio would look like)

Gunbuster

>Fist of the north star
So Mad Max?

>Cutie Honey

Sincerely doubt there's any western cartoon writers that are willing to embrace the goofy sexiness.

depends on how close theyll stick to the source material

maybe the French

But it's already on there:
netflix.com/title/60037734

It looks great but the plot gets muddled by trying to go too hard for the Game of Thrones audience, and even though the action scenes are flashy they don't do much to advance the story. And all anyone cares about is which girl makes the best waifu. So all in all, not that different from the original.

Original Dragonball

>Gunbuster

I'm fucked, OP.

They could probably manage something around the quality of Pailsen Files.

>Tatakae Ramenman

Honestly, It would be interesting to see the shitshow this would unleash

youtube.com/watch?v=PQQWZ4WmQ5c

this

is it going to be an adaptation of the manga, or are just doing their own shit with the brand?

The Dragon and Bird combos get more screen time.

Many characters who were not black or brown are now black or brown. Princess is more proactive. Passable CG replaces hand drawn robot fights.

"It's ok, Rei. I can finish this alone. All I have to do is fall...anyone can fall."

And then:

youtube.com/watch?v=sBN5U-nA6Is

>Cyber City Oedo 808
They turn it into a neon pink wireframe glorified synthwave music video with minimal dialogue. Like the first season of Aeon Flux, it is remembered as this weird thing of its era, but has its fans.

Heard it's supposed to follow the manga storyline, but all the screenwriters listed seem to be western.

There's also a live action movie being produced in China. I was hyped until I heard they had the same producer as the King of Fighters movie.

>Maison Ikkoku
I imagine they would put it in modern day New York or something. If they kept everything else the same it could be kind of funny, but I don't think I'd still like it.

¿Por qué?
SOY UN GNOMO
Y AQUÍ EN EL BOSQUE PASO SPEED

I love the enrgy rully