Batman: White Knight #1 preview

Let's see how well Sean Murphy does

Reminder Punk Rock Jesus was written like dogshit regardless of how nice the art was.

I have no faith in the writing of this comic. At the same time, I have no time for triggered Sup Forumsbabies who are infuriated by the idea of a societally bad Batman.

Colors by Matt Hollingsworth and letters by Todd Klein by the way

ok

My sentiments exactly. Murphy is a fantastic artist but he's a mediocre writer at best.

>Gordon is waiting for Batman to rape the Joker

First look at this confirms that the art is great.

Also first issue is out October 4. And it's 7 issues total.

A Joker Elseworld by a Jokerfag, no thanks

The royalties he'll make off this, coupled with the presumably massive page rate he's getting plus the 3k he's selling each page for will set this guy up for life.

>comics
>money

>Yes. Go for it Batman. Rape him

Already fucking hate it

>Every last cuck who said to give this a chance before judging
Done. It's utter shit from page one.
Now give cyanide a chance.

There's money in Batman. Trust me, this will sell like fucking nothing else, and DC will keep it in print for eternity, as well as rerelease it in a bazillion different formats

Looks boring tbqh, and i'm eating anything Batman lately

I'm going to buy it physically. I like the idea of evil Batman.

The only way this will be redeemable is if Dick beats Bruce's ass. No way he would stand by and watch Bruce abuse criminals like this.

>oh no
>christ...
>bruce, don't...

why are they just standing there and watching it happen?

You are treating this like the next Killing Joker or some other shit like that when it'll be one and done and maybe in the future get reprinted in a collection of Bats Elseworlds like many others

Btw why Batman is facing joker only in AU stories lately?
To me the stories are starting to look all the same

The biggest problem with this is there is no set up. We dont know if Bruce is unhinged or if this Joker is a piece of shit who has done unspeakable things.

Because he is Batman XD

Gordon unbelievably aroused right there.

This is written like that fucking retarded comic where Batman and the Joker are reincarnating twins or some shit.

That building top right is like an abstract Batman, it's neat.

I know its an elseworld but it just feels wrong. It's like meeting your idol and seeing him beat a homeless person.

I don't care about evil Batman.
I'm butthurt about the Joker being sane and right. This story would be so much more interesting if Joker was played straight, but all the talk has pretty much said we're doing a tragic, sympathetic Joker.

shut up batfag, I bet you liked injustice because bruce was the good guy

>Injustice Bruce
>Good guy

>mfw I overheard someone complain about Batman vs. Superman stories yet praised Injustice as "one of the few good ones"

Did you read the same preview I did? It's pretty clear. Look at reactions. Read the dialog.

Only way this works is if Batman kills people cause this page is second degree manslaughter pouring that many pills down someone's throat.

We know nothing about this Joker or what he has done.

>a psycho in makeup

>bat-shaped heart
what did he mean by this?

>injustice batman
>good human
He is a miserable piece of shit.

Are you literally retarded? Do you need to be spoon fed exactly what the Joker did to understand the horrified faces of everyone as Joker gets force fed an entire bottle of who knows what? Or the dialog on the pages after it?

No fag I need to know if Joker has done horrible enough things to brutalize him like this regardless of what he's saying. You're clearly a gullible person. It's called context. If hes a psycho murderer Batman doing this to him would be justified.

Meh. If it was literally any other Batman villain, then maybe. But I have no sympathy for Joker, Elseworlds or not.

> It's called context.

Do you ask your boyfriend what's happening in movies too?

Kek youre a retard mate. I wasn't asking anyone what happened. I understand the direction the story is trying to steer you in. I'm stating it's poorly done. We don't know what kind of person this Joker is or if Batman behaving like this is warranted. What if this Joker blew up a school or is a serial rapist? There is no context for either of their actions.

Words are wind, they hold no weight.

This. Imagine if that was Mr.Freeze or Two-Face. Are we supposed to feel bad about Joker in this comic? Cause I find it impossible.

And I don't even mind "Evil Batman", It's something that doesn't happen often and I'm curious how it will turn out.

Based on the other characters' reactions to Batman's actions the savage beating and forced feeding were obviously not warranted. Fuckface.

How do we know they aren't just soft? You seem gullible as hell. I bet I could trick you into letting me into your home so I can kill you.

go back

Oh stop being a little bitch. Superfags had it a lot worse than you ever did.

I don't think you understand what gullible means, dummy.

All the cops are soft. Gordon is soft. Batgirl and Robin are soft. Sure.

Batgirl, the cops and Gordon are soft. Nightwing looks completely unphased by it.

And gullible is you believing something someone says and taking it at face value.

Oh no! Really?! How does that make you feel?

Ehhh I like the other one better, the one by the Europeans

Going Sane was better.

They won't say anything, this was just to state that

>This Batman is overly brutal and out of control
>This Joker is a misunderstood comedian victim of insanity

That's just how this elseworld goes, it may sound stupid but these are comics, what'd you expect?

But user! This is not your Batman, this is not THE Batman. This guy is no different from Injustice Supes. So why get mad at characters from an Elseworld that are not even the canon to begin with?

wtf is Batgirl doing, saying Batman's name in public?

Maybe everybody already knows his name, or maybe his civilian identity is unimportant? Man I dunno.

I'm not mad, I'm just saying it's dumb

gay fag

But user! How can it be dumb if this happen every day?! It logical that someone as unstable as Batman would be a sadistic bastard with talent for brutality. It's in human nature to relief your frustration in all the way you can find. If anything, the canon Batman is dumber.

>Murphy tries to write a sympathetic Joker and ebil hwite conservative Batman
>Makes Batman instantly more likeable by doing to the joker what he should have all along

Good job, gold star. Seriously, the art is great but I've got more than enough Murphy commissions and pin-ups saved to ride me over.

What DC is doing is trying to create an artificial Killing Joke but if you notice it's something they can sell to women too and women are the biggest chunk of readers for books out of comics. Besides DC knows everything with Suicide Squad or Harley in the title was selling this year in book stores curiously.

The only way to stop the Joker is by raping him. But not anyone can rape him, it has to be Batman.

those things are supposed to appear after in the book like flashbacks maybe.

Repoopblicans are triggered again!

It kinda bothers me that bruce's secret identity is so worthless now. It seems pretty common for new villains to show up and announce they know him and hold it over his head. How many villains know who he is atm? It sort of cheapens batman's whole identity.

>He everybody! Check out my impression of Heath Ledger!

nah, It's interesting.

profession writing.

>How many GCPD takes to change a light bulb? It takes one Batman

"Chuckles"

1) I'm not a Republican
2) I'm not American

Maybe it's just a European thing but even the liberal amongst us have no qualms with a fictional vigilante putting down a fictional mass-murdering sociopath. But by all means, keep tying youself in cognitive knots trying to justify how the Joker should still be alive after all these years besides "he makes money so DC jumps through retarded hoops to justify keeping him around".

I don't mind a Batman story with Batman being the bad guy or the antagonist but I don't fucking care about the Joker, he's overrated and overdone.

I rather have a story from the Condiment King, thanks.

He's not good but the narrative pushes him as the good guy.

If Harley doesn't go fucking Ivy behind Joker's back even after she marries him then I'll take this as a complete waste of time, paper and ink

Kek, you sound like a teenager that is mad his dad grounded him.

Injustice is good solely because of how fucking crazy the story gets.

Cuckolding is disgusting and so are you. People such as yourself are a waste of air, you should kill yourself.

Jej, you have no counter-argument. Insert an ad hominem retort of your choice questioning your sexual prowess/alignment and/or age here.

I don't even tolerate cuckolding, dude, but I find that in this instance it'll be appropriate

You fucking retard literally the last page shows that his a comedian who also robs bank

>Jej
Sure thing. Your entire point is emotional so I guess I am right and you are just a little boy that is mad.

>in this instance it'll be appropriate

No user. It's never appropriate. Harley is in a loving relationship with Jack Napier in this one, i'm sorry you can only find pleasure in suffering and humiliation, but this wont happen in this one.

Highly likely we wont even see Ivy, thank God.

Maybe she's really moved (in the wrong way) by what's happening?

>Blaming Murphy
>not blaming the letterer who didn't make the speech bubble whispered

I'm reasonably certain that Harley's fucking dead in this elseworld.

No user. Stop inserting your fetishes into the narrative. That's absolutely disgusting.

How can't it be appropriate? I mean Murphy is clearly painting this story as a poor, misunderstood Joker story, if people left poor old Joker alone he wouldn't do the things he does, so clearly inserting cuckolding into this story would drive the point further

Godamn do I hate this story

He really should have

>People can't improve

Its not my fetish it's just that I hate the story so much and I don't want Murphy shitting all over HarleyIvy

No user. Stop inserting your fetishes into the narrative. That's absolutely disgusting.

Whoa now, what do you have against best lesbians Harley and Ivy?

You don't want someone to shit all over a fictional couple over a canon one? user, you are very stupid.

>he believes this

Bro the Marini thread happened a few days ago. That's the book with the juice and the squeeeeze. This shit is dick cheese compared to that.

Nothing reallyThey are just not going to happen. I have an issue with Ivy being so goddamn boring.

Murphy, why do you hates lesbians?

Because they are boring. Very boring.

>Joker/Harley
>Canon

HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAAH

This set-up was literally perfect for Two-Face
>here comes a new miniseries about a Batman villain
>but wait, it’s a REFORMED Batman villain, a sympathetic one
>a reformed Batman villain who's gone into politics with the goal of restoring law and order to Gotham
>and confronting Batman about his illegal and harmful actions
>and the miniseries is going to be called "White Knight!", like how Harvey Dent was referred to in the Nolan movies
>who's the villain ? Why, of course it's going to be
>THE JOKER

It's like a bad joke.
Imagine how much more powerful would this be if it was Batman desperately and angrily shoving pills in Harvey's throat to finally get rid of Two-Face in hopes of curing Harvey's madness once and for all.
How much more shocking would it be because of their relationship and how better villainous Batman would be because his actions would be so much more understandable and reasonable.

But no, it has to be Joker because no one's going to read a Batman story if this insufferable edgelord isn't prancing front and center while everyone else is back-up dancer

>... And God helps whoever touches his queen