TRU Bankruptcy in 2018

Where will you walk around admiring Sup Forums related toys now?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bGdZRKLaDcU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Hot topic
;_;

R.I.P. Geoffrey, my childhood friend.

youtube.com/watch?v=bGdZRKLaDcU

Goddamn, why wouldnt they just buy actual figures if they have enough money to buy all those unappealing pops?

I don't ever wanna grow up, I always wanna be a toys r us kid

I don't know but I'm fucking mad. Circuit City, Borders, Sears, Kmart, JCPenney, now Toys R Us? I don't want to shop at fucking Wal-Mart and I don't want to stay in my house on Amazon. Fuck technology. Where am I going to go to buy Cartoon Network and exclusive shit now?

circut city was only killed off because all the people that could own it was killed off in a plane crash

I dont hate Walmart but I think its a big reason why Toys R Us is dead. It's just too convenient for parents to buy toys for kids along the way instead of going to a store dedicated to it. Plus, it always had discounts

Fucking tired of all the good shit from my childhood dying.

Now I have to make do with Hot Topic and secondhand comic/DVD stores.

I know for sure "Babies R Us" is real, but was "Kids R Us" ever a thing, or did I just dream that as a kid?

Fucking shit

amazon claims another victim

their shit was overpriced anyway

Kids R Us is real I have one near by.

Elaborate

>5 cents is a discount
Walmart's section is no better than Target's. Walmart even took out some toys in their rotation in favor of other lines.

TRU's selection is naturally better and plentiful for most lines

As a kid i have seen it first hand. You ever walk into a Toys R Us that had absolutely no toys? Let's just say i dont regret yelling "I hate this stupid store!" that one day in '93.

Where else but the downfall of toys rus

Target and Walmart

This is more if a /toy/ complaint because I only bought Legos from tru but their shit was 10-15% more expensive than everywhere else. The only thing they had was quantity.

I work at Toys R us, and this is the 1st ive heard of this.

WELP

Who the fuck buys these ugly pieces of shit?

I was actually planning on applying to one soon

One of the worst creatures to ever walk this earth.
Normies

*raises paw*

This is very true, however, it's just as easy to order online and avoid having to find a TRU. My closest one is like half an hour away.

I worked at Toys R Us in a store and one of my coworker friends went onto to work at the HQ. He got the fuck out of their because he saw this shit coming.

88 and 99 were the best

I worked there as a night stocker for a while like 5 years ago.
shit was surreal.
not sure if I'd miss them if they went away

The 88 design is what I remember from my childhood except for this one store somewhere in Pennsylvania that was really out of date and they had a brown storefront with the 75 design Geoffrey on it

>65

bedroom eyes

88 and 99 are really good, rest are creepy.

Worked as a night stocker in Times before they closed down. Most chill job and co workers ever.

Man, fuck this.

They were the one place I could reliably get new Transformers. Now what?

I want to be upset about TRU going under but this is true. I remember buying a Bionicle that was marked up $10 from the price advertised even on their own website and not realizing it until it was too late.

Wut

It kills the fun though, y'know?

Be wary, this might be a major casualty.

Why was it surreal user?

tell us a story

it was just weird and silent.
sleep deprivation and derealization made it creepy.
sometimes I'd walk past a display and it would start talking
I told pinkie pie to shut the fuck up on several occasions.

I grew up on the second and third ones so that's the best.
Actually, I like the 1999 one most

Shut up Boco

Yes sir...

Give up on your material desires and reach enlightenment

/toy/ must be fucking having a party

>KB died years ago
>TRU about to belly up
>Toy sections in retail stores are getting smaller and smaller

Ive never been to a Toys R Us

Holy shit give me the sauce. I dont need this now i still buy from their. FUCK

I'm really near that one, it's in Cranberry PA.

>My local Toy R Us closed years ago
>bought Psychonauts, Area 51, and Sly 3 during it's final days
>Have really fond memories just looking at dinosaur figurine section then walk over to the VG section and look at the paper slips used to represent games
>After getting surgery on my feet my parents took me there to get something
>It's now a Harley Davidson dealership

>look at the paper slips used to represent games

Man, that takes me back...

Haven't been to the area in many years, does it still look like that?

Well, that's sad, but at least it doesn't affect m-
>Lego revenue down 5% in first half of 2017

This is why kids shouldnt be allowed to play shitty video game shooters until they are teens

>video games and computers are the reason toys are dying

Maybe if impotent brats stopped playing on thier shitty tablets like retards this wouldnt be happening

It was so weird to do that for a game, I remember grabbing a slip and protecting like like it was an actual product at the store

Lets not forget not only do we on Sup Forums suffer from the lack of action cartoons but so do our brothers on /toy/.

Elaborate

In fairness, the disney ones aren't bad

Fucking bane

Its not like toy companies are stupid lego has the fucking minecraft toy license, Megablocks has entire lines of Halo and Call of Duty sets, then there are added Mcfarlane action figures in the mix too

Shits not working in the slightest

In a way, this is almost representative of the aesthetics of each decade.

Type "Toys R Us" into Google News and choose from a humongous list of sources.

Why does Spider-Gwen come with a giant chain ball?

there's not more much to it.
it was just my own purgatory where Somebody That I Used To Know would play seemingly on repeat.
does this song ever rhyme?
why does it add to the lugubrious atmosphere of a dead end job graveyard shift so well?
every time I hear that song I want to die because it reminds me of those melancholic nights

Miley Cyrus.
Gwen's a blonde musician; someone, somewhere, made the connection and thought it was clever.

That's pretty funny considering I used to work there and now I work for Amazon.

Oh God, I was a night stocker at Walmart in the toys and electronics departments and these posts are giving me serious 'Nam style flashbacks

Can you describe what you have to do? I imagine its an easy job organizing toys on shelves.

>tfw work for Barnes & Noble.
>tfw they are actively killing the music/movie department.
>tfw they are starting to become like FUCKING GAMESTOP with all the questions you have to ask customers and try to sell memberships.
>tfw they are bringing in more random shit to try and sell instead of actually just doing good business.

I bet we're next.

Old mascots were so much more warm and charming.

What the fuck happened during 2000?

>we could a line of cool Beast, Stitch, Maui action figures
>we get "Urban Vinyl" instead

live-action talking giraffe

What did Pinkie Pie say?

Why in Hell would you buy Transformers there?
Shit is overpriced there compared to other stores in my area. Is there seriously nothing else for you to go to?

I don't remember. dumb shit

Im surprised when barnes was selling nendoroids

We sell a lot of random things because previous CEO's were like "LOL LETS DO THIS" and then it bombed, but they don't stop buying said product; we still sell the Nook, after all, when everyone either has a iPad or Kindle.

>_______ IS DYING GAIZ THIS CLICKBAIT WEBSITE SAID SO

My town's Kmart is still open, go fuck yourselves.

You've been saying comics are dying for years now at yet lo and behold they still exist

I think Barnes and Noble is trying to sell collectibles to manga weebs.

I think I went once when I was very young.

Dying=/=Dead.

Do you remember how many Blockbusters were around about 5 years ago?

Maybe I dodged a bullet when I never got hired over there

Same here, I think that's where I got my Lost Galaxy Megazord.
Motherfucker was built like a brick, in the best way possible.

When is that ever not the case?
No really any examples?

I still have Vietnam style flashbacks of Zero Hour for Pokemon at Toys R Us. My mom punched and kicked so many people...

My only 2 kmarts that i went to for 20 years are both gone within this year. Stop acting like if it doesnt happen to you, it doesnt effect others.

I was a night stocker for them over the last holiday season. It was fun because the people there were great and getting overtime was as easy as asking to work six or seven days instead of three days, and asking to stay an hour or two late in the mornings.

>+ shipping
>out of stock
>Return for refund in 7 days/a month/when we get it

online shopping is really just a last resort and never a first. if you dont have enough nearby toy stores/departments, i understand. but i still believe that physical stores are essential. we all need to see the product first-hand, and online shopping would only be necessary in the event of a great discount, an out of stock need, or just to get something a local store doesnt have

Our biggest selling "collectibles" are Pops! by a long shot, followed by the different assortment of blind boxes, with Kotobukiya products being next, and so on. Manga isn't selling as good as it once was either and only notable titles I see leave the store consistently are Death Note, Tokyo Ghoul, and Naruto, especially when you can get it a lot cheaper online. For example, even with my employee discount, it's still cheaper and better for me to buy from InStockTrade than it is to buy from my employer, which is sad.

It's a cool place to work and the people are generally really great, it's kinda like a family in a sense, but the higher management (region/district) and corporate are absolutely fucking retarded. Our regional manager decided that Funko's need to be displayed by their number on the box and that Pops! of musicians or about tv shows/movies, for example, couldn't be displayed in the music and movie department

I don't want to grow up.

I'm a Toys R Us kid.

That's a large segment of a store for a single brand.
Wait
That's not a store
That's not a store at all.

As a toy department stocker, the first few hours of your night are spent stocking the shelves. This is the worst and best part of the job; worst because you're racing against the clock and some of this shit is impossible to find, best because you often get to look at new toys before they're officially released. I got an odd sense of satisfaction from knowing the current state of the Monsters High franchise despite the fact that I was 30 years old.

Stocking the shelves should only take 2-3 hours depending on how many pallets you have to work, but on a night where there's multiple GM (general merchandise trucks), and especially during Holiday season (late October to December 25), you can wind up spending the whole shift doing nothing but that.

After you get all your shit onto the shelves and pegs, it's time to zone your department. 'Zoning' is Walmart slang for pulling all boxes and hanging merchandise to the front, as well as moving misplaced items back to their original spots (because customers can't be bothered to put shit back where it came from). Depending on how much time you have left, this can be either stressful or relaxing. Personally, I enjoyed this part of the job more often than not because I would goof off and read back of toy boxes. I learned way more about Thomas the Tank Engine than I ever would have otherwise.

>tfw every aspect of human life will eventually be digitized
>no more organic imagination

Do superhero graphic novels sell more than manga?

Don't fear the future like some ridiculous luddite. You sound like the people that thought the advent of the telephone would destroy communities or that cameras steal souls. Stop that shit.

>nearest TRU was a 5 hour drive
>it closed down around 2013

It was the coolest shit ever when you entered one the first time. A whole walmart full of toys? Last time I went by the building it was repurposed as a Bay store with a liquor store in the corner.

>cameras steal souls

I haven't even heard of that one. Please elaborate.

>he's never watched goosebumps