Did this movie ruin the DC cinematic universe?

Did this movie ruin the DC cinematic universe?

By being too good? Yes.
By being grounded and realistic? Yes

I'm not saying the movie is bad, I'm asking if others think it may have set the wrong tone for the movie universe as a whole.

I don't think so. The DC cinematic universe lacks a Kevin Feige. That is, an executive producer that is a large fan of the original comics to rope the entire series in line and make sure it stays true to it's source material.
One of the reasons the MCU excels so much is that aside from the occasional mix up here and there (infinity gauntlet in Odin's treasury for instance), the MCU is relatively plothole-free.

Another example would be the need to just not be ashamed of making fans dreams come true. Although Age of Ultron was pretty mediocre, every nerd still fangasmed over the Hulkbuster fight, simply because it's not something you would think any executive would ever think about putting in the movie in their wildest dreams. Same goes for Bane breaking the Bat in Dark Knight Rises.

Simply put, the DC cinematic universe just cranks out movies without any real focus on what is appropriate. Not even most fans know or give a shit about Steppenwolf, yet they are putting him front and center as the villain for their Justice League movie instead of someone like Brainiac, Vandal Savage, or even saving Doomsday for the film instead of jobbing him out for the last 8 minutes of BvS.

BvS had a ton of potential to be good, but it concerned itself more with being a prequel to Justice League than it did with being it's own film and having it's own story. It's one of the contributing factors why Wonder Woman did succeed in theatres. It was just more enjoyable to watch as a stand alone film (even though Wonder Woman still had a small shout-out to the connected universe, it didn't center itself around it)

WHO IS BANE?
WHY DOES HE WEAR THE MASK?

I didn't say it was bad mang

No, this movie ruined the DCEU, by having the right idea but being a shit-mess of Movie by Committee with terrible execution.

So they retreated into making every film thereafter a grimderp mess.

Back to Sup Forums with you.

No, because DC didn't have a cinematic universe then.
DC ruined it all by themselves with huge casting and directing and writing choice mistake.

I dont even understand why any comic reader would want Nolan Batman in a larger DC universe, that Batman fucking sucked

OR BAPS BEES BUNDERING BY BUOD BHOOT A BAN BEFOR BLOWING BIM BOFF A BANE

lmao they tried to make David S. Goyer their Kevin Feige and then he insulted their entire fanbase and went too far when talking shit about their frenemy competitor.

He did to the DC movieverse what Jay Wilson did to Diablo 3

damn shame since it was so well cast

>being a shit-mess of Movie by Committee with terrible execution.
But that's also the case with SS yet this movie did good with the box office.

Why don't you go ask Sup Forums

except it's not a good movie, it's a horribly bad movie seen though "oh poor heath died" eyes

it ruined heath ledger

No, you're just cinema retarded and want to have an opinion.

Maybe they'll let Ryan Reynolds have another go with it in a couple of years and another few flops.

The problem is it was a great tone for Batman, but studio execs live and die by formulas. It takes several failed movies before they'll abandon a failed premise. Man of Steel and Batman v Superman being commercial successes din't help. All they see is the bottom line, not hat people actually say. How do you think we got fucking FIVE Bayformers movies? They made money, and that's all that matters.

I don't disagree, but Vandal Savage would be a terrible villain for a JL premier movie. It has to be someone Superman can't beat in five seconds.

These. Couldn't have put it better myself.

If anything it contributed to it happening.