What if DC went through with Moore's Twilight of the Superheroes?

What if DC went through with Moore's Twilight of the Superheroes?
Do you think people will read it for the shit idea it is or love it because Moore's name is on it?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/stream/TwilightOfTheSuperheroes/TwilightOfTheSuperheroes_djvu.txt
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Game of Thrones with superheroes is a genius idea, the problem was that it was set in the DCU and therefore it meant having most characters act completely OOC.

It would presumably be an Elseworlds. But even then again, Billy Batson murdered by the Martian Manhunter disguised as a dominatrix.

>Mary and Billy have a kid

>Plastic Man as a gigolo
>Batwank winning

Seems pretty in character to me.

archive.org/stream/TwilightOfTheSuperheroes/TwilightOfTheSuperheroes_djvu.txt

for people who don't know

wait isn't that just injustice

I didn't know there were Houses in Injustice.

Not knowing too much about either, what makes this like game of thrones?

Earth is divided into kingdomes basically. House of Steel and the house of Thunder. Steel is Wonder Woman and Superman, Thunder is Billy Batson fucking his siblings.

Batman controls gotham and hates everyone
All the villians are teamed up together and want to fuck everyone
All the illegal aliens are off planet, these aliens include Martian Manhunter and the the Thungarians. They want to get back on the planet.

They all are vying for power within a DC landscape. There is a ton of Alan Moore things including rape and unnecessary horrific things. Pretty interesting read actually.

>Mary

you heard me Alan wanted Billy and Mary to have a daughter and arrange a marriage between her and Superman and Wonder Woman's delinquent son

Wasn't "Futures End" a half-assed attempt to do Twilight of the Super-Heroes, that DC backed out before the first issue even came out?

No?

Yes and no.

They definitely teased the idea of it being the canon version of Twilight when it was announced, presumably to trick people into buying it.

But yeah, it quickly turned out to be nothing but more of DiDio wanking off to Brother Eye as a big bad.

Can someone explain to me why DiDio can claim to love Jack Kirby's OMAC as much as he does, but utterly and completely miss the entire point of the character/concept?

I think you can blame Greg Rucka, Keith Giffen, and Geoff Johns for reading all the wrong things regarding OMAC, not DiDio. At least DiDio's various OMAC shit has the character as a hero, whereas Rucka/Giffen/Johns keep pushing Brother Eye as a villain.

Blame Batman for going full retard in Identity Crisis, leading to Brother Eye in the first place.

it's unironically one of the hypest, craziest things I ever read, just as the treatment
wish it was fully developed

the OMAC series he did was fun
DiDio is secretly a super fun writer

Who was supposed to be the artist?

At one point Moore was also supposed to write the crossover Millennium with Ian Gibson who he worked with on Halo Jones.

>dat Mary

yes
House Batman and House Superman