STORYTIME - Uncle Scrooge in "Secrets"

I'm going to post 4 more or less connected comics, all four of them written, drawn AND lettered by the great William Van Horn. By the end of the fourth one, Scrooge McDuck's life will never be the same again.

The four comics in this storytime:
1. It's All Relative (1994) - 10 pages
2. Say Uncle (1995) - 10 pages
3. THE MAIN FEATURE: Secrets (1998) - 19 pages
4. Travails (2000) - 19 pages

Previously:

Other urls found in this thread:

wvh.barksbase.de/en/persons/rumpusmcfowl.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

PART I: It's All Relative (featuring the first appearance of Rumpus McFow)

End of part one.

PART II: Say Uncle (the return of Rumpus McFowl!)

anyone reading?

just realized that this second story is not 10, but 11 page long. one more page to go

End of part two.

Ladies and Gentlemen... and now the MAIN FEATURE (aka PART III of this storytime):

S E C R E T S

DON ROSA ON SUICIDE WATCH (End of part three of this storytime.)

PART IV:

T R A V A I L S

Don Rosa on suicide watch AGAIN

End of part four, and THE END of this storytime. These four comics firmly established Rumpus in the Duck universe. Since "Travails", Rumpus has appeared in more than a dozen comics by Van Horn. Here is a full list of his appearances: wvh.barksbase.de/en/persons/rumpusmcfowl.htm

I hope you enjoyed this storytime!

Sure.

Thanks for the storytime!

You're welcome!

I want to start using "what the Dickens" in everyday like now

Or Unkka Kumiankka as he is known in my country

Why excactly ? Is it because he didn't know how to fit Van Horn's oocee into his detailed duck family tree ?

SPOILER WARNING

Because he is contradicting Rosa's Duck canon. According to Rosa, Scrooge does not have any step-brother.

F E D O R A
E
D
O
R
A

But that ain't a step bro. It's a half bro.

Ok. That's contradicting Rosa's Duck canon even more.

thanks user. William van Horn is one of my favorites, along with his brother, Noel van Horn (who did mainly Mickey Mouse comics). Do you happen to have the one about Scrooge's and Rumpus's pudding - induced trippy lucid dreams?

really? I thought it was just "Scrooge is the last McDuck", and Rumpus's is pretty much an illegitimate son of Fergus, he bears his mother's name McFowl, not McDuck.

What the hell is up William Van Horn's bizarre obsession with mosquitoes/flies? I've been wondering that since I was a little boy.

it's like Don Rosa's obsession with mice and birds
but yeah, I noticed that too as a kid

It was not until about 1998 that the European Disney comics carried credits.
Before that time, all of us writers and artists included little gimmicks to identify us.
I'm a writer. I always had a fat lady walking a tiny dog somewhere in every story. So people could tell that I was involved.
Van Horn had his bugs. Rosa had his birds and mice.

ohh, neat

Sure, I have it! It's called "Pudding it Straight". I have every single Duck comic by William Van Horn that has been published in the US. I mean not physical copies, but CBR files.

Rosa is known for his background gags, but they are just that, gags. They are very deliberate.

Horn's mosquitoes however, don't seem to serve any purpose. They appear every few panels and there is no rhyme or reason for their existence. It's a mystery that I've never been able to solve.

>Sure, I have it! It's called "Pudding it Straight". I have every single Duck comic by William Van Horn that has been published in the US. I mean not physical copies, but CBR files.

Hey—buy a few and help support us goofs! (...Um, and ducks and mice. With occasional cats and rabbits. And everyone else is a dog or a pig except Hard Haid Moe.)

I don't really want to collect Van Horn's comics in floppies, but if Fantagraphics decides to publish a VAN HORN LIBRARY, I will DEFINITELY buy every volume of it.

It's a mini-signature just like Rosa's DUCK signature.