What is Sup Forums's truest and honest opinion on watchmen?

What is Sup Forums's truest and honest opinion on watchmen?

God, I love it when this meme is done properly

i consider it a very good comic, and the most faithful adaptation of source material on screen, except maybe The Maxx

watchmen comic is great. Movie is just a shallow understanding of the book and its themes on Zack Snyder's part. Anybody that think's the movie ending is better is retarded and probably didn't really get the comic in the first place.

>chad meme watchmen version
Fuck thats funny

Movie misses the point of the book.

Pretty good capeflick, dont get the "best comicbook of all time" hype... the story and writing was pretty average to be honest.

This. It is good that the ending more simple and different.

It is great, isn't it?
The movie is pretty accurate, but critically flawed in some places. Never mind the ending, which replaces a force that can be fought against with one that can't. I want to bring attention to how they changed what Rorschach did to the kidnapper. It kind of fucked up his character.

Discussing with Watchmens fans is a mistake, they always said shit like "you missed the point" because it can't fit with their own interpretation of the comics for 2deep pretentious contrarian style.

You could always not take more from a comment than what's actually there.

not enough rape

They are Moore cocksuckers who repeat like sheeps "Rorschach is not made to be liked"
DAMN NO! Rorschach was made to be liked, he's cool as fucks, his design, his actions, his story, we feel empathy with him, and stop pretending it was not intentionnal from the author.

A meme.

rorscharch is supposed to be felt sorry for

it is the empathy of the pathetic

like when james bond fucked that other chick right after killing her granddad

Did it now?
Manhatten is a fag.
Mr Ancient Hero actually lives up to his name.
Rorschach is a monster, but he is a good aligned monster. Also a moralfag.
US Soviet politics is on the deep edge, because USA manage to acquire a fucking Diety as their propaganda piece.
And then Manhatten acted as a bigger faggot, claiming that "possibility of Nuclear exchange masks the future", instead of calming everyone done.

So Ozymandias decides to nuke New York, and claims its Aliens doing that, to end the cold war, at the least for now.
Its one of those comics that do not really have a point or anything to interpret. Its very plain action, which is also why the movie adaption hit home so well.
Its one of those series that also try to build up to its final twist: Not that Ozymandias is a nice guy, but that we spend the entire comic building sympathy to mr Rorschach before he dies horribly once outvoted.

Miracleman is the true chad of the cape comics

>and the most faithful adaptation of source material on screen
sin city

Watchmen was an absolute masterpiece.
Everything with the Watchmen name that came after it, the movie, the prequels, all of it was nothing but garbage. It's similar to Avatar: The Last Airbender in that way

The game was alright.

he's filthy, he has stunted speech, no social skills, he's a klepto, he probably killed at least one cop, and he litters

>and he litters
>he litters
Goddamn it Rorschach.

>Littering

I liked it a lot. It is well written, the art is good, the pace of the story is great, i like the characters.
I liked the movie but a lot of things were not that good, and they don't fit with the ideas of the book.

I think most people who like Rorschach recognize he wasn't meant to be liked. They like him regardless. You can like a character despite the author's intentions.

Unironically though, who the fuck litters? Do you really have so little patience you can't just put your trash in your pocket and throw it out when you get home?

I agree wholeheartedly.
Let me state why:
1. Well planned
2. Doesn't fuck up the execution of said plan
3. Explored stuff that capeshit normally ignores
4. Actually goes for the ending, and do the ending

I like the comic more, the flamethrower scene in the movie was hilariously bad.

It's deconstruction of the genre before he did watchmen.

>the most faithful adaptation of source material on screen
Hello brainlet.

Movie missed a lot of ths point of the book, making the fights too visceral. Replacing Ozymandia's Egypt motif with "Hurr Durr Bat Nipples". But damn that scene with Doc Manhattan on Mars was solid as fuck as well as the time lapse in the beginning with Bob Dylan, the costumes sans Ozymandia's, everyone did so well... but it's just too hollow for me. Plus it just drags on.

>But damn that scene with Doc Manhattan on Mars was solid as fuck as well as the time lapse in the beginning with Bob Dylan

you mean a music video is good at directing three-minute scenes that work in their own little bubble?

What a shock.Too bad he has no idea how to make an actual movie, or direct actors.

lemme know when it's posted

>done properly
>Chad still has backwards Xavier legs

>I don't know how exploitable cross board memes work

His legs were always fucked up and backwards. It's part of the joke.

It's not god's gift to man but it is a damn fine book.