Do leftists actually believe that a person shouldn't need identification to vote? If so, what is their rationale?

Do leftists actually believe that a person shouldn't need identification to vote? If so, what is their rationale?

Requiring photo ID is racist because it prevents illegal beaners from voting Democrat

Their argument is that niggers and spics cant afford to get their id nor can travel to the dmv to get one. Its funny, they dont seem to have that issue getting food stamp cards or anything else.

what about id paid by tax dollars that get's delivered in the mail, some states have that

Yes. We have voter ID in TX and it's been under constant attack from liberal groups. The reasons are the the typical BS:

- Some people can't afford a $5 dollar ID (last I heard they added a provision to give you one free of charge if you couldn't afford it).

- Some people don't have the time to get an ID.

- Having to show an ID may turn some people away from voting (because muh racism).

>The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any state on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.
>15th Amendment

>The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any state on account of sex.
>19th Amendment

>The right of citizens of the United States to vote in any primary or other election for President or Vice President, for electors for President or Vice President, or for Senator or Representative in Congress, shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or any state by reason of failure to pay any poll tax or other tax.
>24th Amendment

>The right of citizens of the United States, who are 18 years of age or older, to vote, shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or any state on account of age.
>26th Amendment

If you are legally eligible to vote, it is violation of your Constitutional rights for you to be prohibited from casting a ballot in your local, state, or federal election by ANY person for ANY reason. This is why states are required to make provisional ballots available to persons who do not have proof of identification on them when they come to the polls. This is why states are required to make absentee ballots available to residents of their state who will not be present for a poll.

Voter ID laws which prohibit persons from participating in a poll because they don't have some arbitrarily set standard of personal identification on hand is unconstitutional.

fpbp

every single time, I make sure my left/liberal friends reiterate that this is really what they mean.

and when I confirm it, it just shows me... holy fuck, the Left is fucking retarded and deluded about some things the same way the Right is on being 'anti-degeneracy' and all that fag shit (luckily Trump is putting a stop to it by being degenerate-in-chief. can't wait to vote MAGA)

>- Some people don't have the time to get an ID.

Jesus Christ, I hope no one seriously tries to use this defense. Most decent, voting citizens don't have time to do all sorts of things, but make the timevout of a sense of duty and simply being fucking adults. These leftists are children.

>some arbitrarily set standard of personal identification

you literally deserve to watch your favorite people get put under a steamroller

if you don't have time to get an ID, you have just relinquished your right to vote. congratulations you fucking nigger.

>sees old white male
why doesnt that ID have the sex offender designation?

This is legitimately one of the most retarded things I've ever read

Even in this 3rd world shithole you need an ID to vote.

>be australian
>go to voting booth
>show drivers license
>fill out ballot
>go home

Literally takes 10-15 minutes tops.

The manglement of the constitution.
Voting rights originally were based as fuck, now it's pure cancer and why this country is going to hell in a handbasket.

None of those amendments invalidate voter id laws. Those amendments assume citizenship for the voting right to be applied, which means that you should be required to prove citizenship.

The only amendment that's theoretically relevant is the 24th, and the Supreme Court has never decided a voter ID case on 24th Amendment grounds, i.e. the idea that "having to get an ID is a poll tax" is not something that's been litigated.

>If you are legally eligible to vote

If you don't have identification, how do you prove that you're legally eligible to vote?

>If so, what is their rationale?

Fraud.

requiring id to vote is racist because it makes it hard to vote.

that is literally their logic

very true

India is literally a third world country where half the populace still shit in streets and fields, a country with over 1.2 BILLION people and we still have strict voter ID laws. Not only that, but we have this system where we can only vote from and for constituencies where our permanent address is in. And we also have this thing where we get our index finger stained with a permanent ink to indicate that we have casted our vote.

America is literally a nigger tier country. Let that sink in. Americunts BTFO.

No, only American leftist do. Believe it or not American leftists are worse than European leftists, but thankfully the American right is more popular and powerful.

Don't forget to pick up your sausages.

>- Having to show an ID may turn some people away from voting (because muh racism).

I haven't limbered up enough to pull off that kind of mental gymnastics today. Someone mind explaining this shit to me?

Fraud. We have national voting ID's. To vote anywhere, you have to be on file and registered, and it's illegal not to vote.

Democrats like their useful idiots.

The problem is that voter ID laws are thinly disguised attempts to suppress the vote among certain demographics unfavorable to Republicans.

If they were written in such a way to ensure no one who is legally eligible was prevented from voting, there would be no problem.

Those all apply to US citizens. So, go ahead, prove you're a US citizen; let's see some ID.
If you can't? Sorry, no amendment protections for you.

cheers brah

So you believe that requiring a photo ID for any one of the possibly thousands of other activities which require identification is also a thinly disguised attempt to suppress participation in those activities?

leftits want even more nigger cock to chew on

My brother argued that voter ID laws are "voter intimidation" and discriminate against people that don't have IDs, despite arguing five minutes before that we don't need voter id laws because you need an ID to register to vote. Needless to say he's voting for Hillary and a disappointment to the family, it's sad.

how come its not mandatory in the us to have a personal id? it is useful in so many ways

here you need a personal voting card which is sent to you by a county agency. you are not allowed to vote without this card AND an ID, such as a driving license, a passport or a personal ID. since the last presidential election was all screwed up and has to be repeated in december, the voting agencies are very strict about that, and have always been strict tbqh. what fucking kind of banana republic is the USA?
and this is the stupidest fucking shit argument I've ever heard

If they're worried about poor people not being able to vote due to lack of ID, why not make it easier to acquire one?

Instead of bussing people around to several polling districts, they could bus people to the DMV or post office.

in PA just a photo id is 50 dollars now. they upped the price from 12 last year...

If people had to prove they are citizens and only vote once. Then we would have a single party system.

>The problem is that voter ID laws are thinly disguised attempts to suppress the vote among certain demographics unfavorable to Republicans.
Explain what's the thought process behind this idea. I'm genuinely curious.

Go to the ballots and vote for trump under his name and show him why we need voter id laws.

>mfw Ive realized Americans can vote without ID and scam the shit out of voting

>just

laos
>america
>1st world

WATWATAWATWASTASTAWAT

The left literally thinks non citizens who live in the US should be able to vote.

Thats the actual truth.

I applied to work in a grocery store last year and had to show my photo ID

Is it racist?

If your on any public benefits programs the States will give you an ID for free. Their argument is that minorities are too lazy to get an ID, i guess having a birth certificate and Social security card is just too hard for them to get! Even if they loose them the government will give them copies for FREE.

> Its funny, they dont seem to have that issue getting food stamp cards or anything else.
It's funny because they some how have to get there to vote as well.

Perfect voting system:

1. The entire country operates its vote-laws the same way. (prevents local law-changing to influence vote)
2. Done with paper and a black pen. You may use your own pen if desired.
3. Having to show ID would exclude those who either can't or don't have an ID. £90 for a passport for £40 for a driving license is something some can't afford. Not everyone is literate either so shouldn't be made to fill in forms. If you wish to vote you simply have to register with your name and address. When you go to get your ballot paper, your name is crossed off. This is how we do it in the UK.
4. Ballot papers are placed into a black box, which is padlocked to the floor
5. Any member of the public can sit and witness votes being dropped into the box, they have no right to ask anyone questions regarding their vote.
6. One voting is complete, the box is transported by secure transport to counting station. Vehicle must have box on display at all times.
7. Any member of the public is allowed to view the vote counting going on.

Wasn't any snags at my voting place this year, large council building but nothing. Felt almost unconstitutional.

Forgot to mention:

8. Disruption of peace or haltering voting staff in their duties is a criminal offense and can be viewed as a subversion of democracy and hence treason.
9. Any attempt to affect voting or the transport and counting of votes is treason.

Kek hahahaha
It's sad cause it's true

Democrats are fucking retarded as are their arguments for anything I've heard in a long time. It has been a while since I've heard a Democrat give a sound argument for anything at all

lol that's a good idea.

>buying a pack of cigarettes
> voting for national issues concerning futures and social issues

Thank you for correcting the record

>If you don't have identification, how do you prove that you're legally eligible to vote?

/end thread

Back to the ink pot. You vote, and you dip it in ink. People whos dicks have ink on them can not vote.

>Perfect voting system:

PERFECT MY ASS

YOU CAN BUS PEOPLE ALL OVER AND OUT IF YOU WANT AND YOU COULD BARELY PROOVE IT

THANK YOU FOR CTR!!! 0,2$ HAVE BEEN ADDED TO YOUR ACC

Stop by Bunnings on your way home m8

If there name is not on the register, how could busing them do anything you fucking ape

There's no evidence voter fraud occurs except in rare isolated cases. ID Laws are a solution in search of a problem. The only reason for them is to make the process of voting more difficult and burdensome for people whose level of participation in the system is already marginal. It's usually combined with mass purges of voter records for flimsy reasons so people have to jump through hoops to reregister. No one should be made to feel like a criminal for attempting to excerise their right to vote.

Pretending to be someone else. Voting multiple times are some examples.

no, your number 3 is shit-tier

here is the real number 3:

3. If you have a driver license, a passport or birth certificate, and another document corroborating your address such as a utility bill or rates notice, AND you also have 10 consecutive tax assessment notices to prove that you deserve a say in the system because you have been putting into the system and not just recently started either, AND you pass an IQ test showing that you are average-or-higher intelligence, then you are allowed to vote, otherwise you are beaten and thrown to the curb.

Instantly cuts out welfare slackers that didn't bother to complete the tax lodgements, the less intelligent 49% of the population, and recent immigrants / young adults only just entered the workforce and not yet learned how the world works (10 tax assessment notices means you will likely be min. late twenties)

and if you are a citizen who thinks his SHIT-TIER opinion deserves to be cast in the ballot, then 1) don't think your input is valued if you cant even get a fucking drivers license 2) don't think your input is valued if you're a dumb cunt 3) don't think your input is valued if you've been living abroad or retired or only just started working or not even working yet

it is the working people that power the economy and the government

if you don't like it, THEN FUCK OFF OUT OF THEIR COUNTRY, fuckwit!

>If there name is not on the register, how could busing them do anything you fucking ape

AND HOW CAN YOU KNOW THEIR REAL NAME YOU DENSE RETARD IF THEY DONT HAVE AND ID!!!?????????

You just said voter fraud occurs and in the same sentence tried to imply it doesn't. I hope you're trolling or being paid. No one can be this stupid for free (unless you are a minority according to leftists)

You understand that once your name is crossed-off, it means that you've voted. If person #2 comes in saying they are the same person, you know that fraud has been committed.

A simple CCTV camera over the vote register will expose any fraud.

I know thinking is tough, by try please.

I think it Alabama where they passed a strict voter ID law, then the same week announced "budget cuts" that would close a bunch of DMV offices serving majority black rural areas. Funny coincidence, that.

Not only can you get a provisional ballot in Tx for not having an ID, but you can also use expired IDs.

>t. CTR

I've heard on the radio where people stand out in the street and ask people their name and if they'll vote. If no then they vote for them and there are a lot of dead people voting still

>There's no evidence voter fraud occurs
>except in rare isolated cases

Doesn't everyone in the US have a passport?
People need an ID for everything more serious than buying a bottle of beer (and even for that you sometimes need ID to confirm your age).

It occurs in isolated individual cases, like the woman who voted twice in Iowa and was caught (without a voter ID law in place). There's no evidence it occurs on a scale large enough to effect the outcome of elections. "Illegals pouring over the border to vote" is pure fantasy.

1) in usa, voting is voluntary not mandatory, not everyone comes in, not even half of everyone comes in
2) people die and aren't removed from the voting registry, or many other things, i've been receiving collection notices for the previous owner who lived at this address for over 5 years. They died before the house was even put back on the market for us to buy it and move in, these names are up for grabs
3) fake identities, it is very easy for immigrants to have many identities because they come with no documentation and their identity is created for them by the staff in the building during an appointment, then they go to the back of the line in a different place with a different assumed name and do it again, and end up with 10 different versions of themselves, and then collect welfare. sometimes they get caught and sometimes that even makes the news. a lot of the time it doesn't. all these identities can be used to vote with

>shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or any state by reason of failure to pay any poll tax or other tax.

>issue free voter ID's to people without drivers licences or other forms of ID
>problem solved

Here you can get a proof of age card free, you need it to buy alcohol if you look under-age and don't have a drivers licence.

They say blacks are too poor and dumb to get ids on their own so its racists to require ids to vote because it will mostly be blacks who will be affected. That said when republicans pass laws to give ids away for free and even mail the ids right to their homes democrats still cry foul.

The real reason is blacks tend not to vote often and democrats fear any voter id laws, no matter how reasonable, might cause minority turnout to drop because of the extra hassle involved. In truth a lot of elections, especially state wide election are usually pretty close races, even a 1 or 2 percent drop in minority turnout on election day can be the difference between a democrat victory or defeat.

>The problem is that voter ID laws are thinly disguised attempts to suppress the vote among certain demographics unfavorable to Republicans
This means that democrats want it that way so illegals can freely vote for them in every election. Congrats retard, you played yourself.

There's no evidence requiring ID would hamper voters on a scale large enough to effect the outcome of elections.

Yeah, most voter fraud I hear of involves using dead people. Which I guess is a bit safer if the criminal knows that person won't vote, because they be jeb.

Tell than that Sweden requires an id to vote. Their heads will explode

thats basic common sense 101, what the fuck?!

Harder to commit fraud if everyone's on the record. They bus the votes around, get who they want in to work at the polls to let them through. They stuff the ballots with dead people registered to vote. It's an American version of rotten bouroghs in Britain.

That would make too much sense, remember it's the USA we're talking about.

How could a dead person register to vote?

It's unconstitutional.

>>Let's change gun laws
>SHALL

>>Let's change voter ID laws
>Hell yeah let's do it

Hypocrisy?

>what is their rationale

YOU WANT ME TO PROVIDE A LOGICAL REASON?? WHAT A RACIST SEXIST HOMOPHOBIC TRANSPHOBIC ISLAMOPHOBIC ABLEIST PRIVILEGED FUCKING WHITE MALE!

>that's literally their fucking rationale on the matter

We don't even have oversight to see if voting machines have been tampered with, what makes you think we have systems in place to see if the voter is even a US citizen, nevertheless alive? There's no reason you couldn't go to a populated polling place and vote as John Doe as long as you didn't brag to social media about it.

Regarding 3) - You can't vote unless you've been a British Citizen for 5 years here.

Theres always going to be some fraud, but at least this way you can prevent shit loads of it

>the right of citizens
>C I T I Z E N S
>Implying non citizens do not have the right to vote
>which also implies it is perfectly fine to ensure one is a citizen before they vote

Jesus Christ it's not that hard

>niggers and spics

in medkitland you need to have swiss citizenship in order to vote, and show it everytime you vote

your retarded amerifat voting system is so prone to abuse that it honestly surprises me that people are catching on just now, when dems must have been rigging the election for decades

>caring about illegals voter rights
dumb, dumb amerifats

So my vote or someone else's vote shouldn't count just to make things easier for Jamal? You know voter fraud occurring even once voids someone else's vote, are you aware of that?

Already registered, died and nobody takes them out of the system, or register them in to confirm with city records that the name is attached to property and public record. Not sure if the public records office stamps your folder with a deceased stamp when or if they check your files. They just ask for name, address and Identification. Not sure how check in blue states, but in KY, they always ask for your liscence.

Funny, I was struggling to debate my libtard friend on why ID laws aren't racist and this was his argument. I finally asked "would you be OK with voter ID laws if we removed all hindrances like giving them out for free and keeping the DMV open seven days a week?" He said yes.

This dumbfuck actually believes in the "can't afford can't travel" meme, he doesn't realize his entire party uses it as an excuse to gain illegitimate votes.

Ill look for source but am positive that part of the post 9/11 Patriot Act requires every citizen to maintain and carry a govt issued photo ID card.

Here, if you're died your family is issued a death certificate and confirmation of death is stored by the NHS. This is a public document available from the General Register Office.

Sure theres a 0.1% of people who register then die, and then a further 1% of people who will vote using the dead persons vote (even less than that if you consider that you'd need to be the same sex if the name isn't unisex).

You're talking about 10 votes per 10 million

Ok so im wrong.that is only for financial transactions.

That's still a major beurocratic concern. Fraud on any scale is a serious matter in a nation that believes in representing it's people.

You need ID to buy alcohol here as well. Voting is practically the only thing that does not require an ID anymore.

Does this mean, as a Canadian, I could vote for Trump?

They used to stuff ballot boxes in Jew York with dead voters and paid the homeless to go station to station to vote as these individuals.
They just come to the polls and say, "I'm not dead!" Give a non-photo ID, walk in and place their ballot, before going to the next place with a different name.
It's not like we're voting using a rental scan.

I love the wording here.
>Every single voter has ID in India

No duh.
The people who don't have ID can't vote.

This

Passports aren't really used that commonly here in the states, mainly because it's not really needed unless you're travelling abroad or live near the Canadian or Mexican borders. I know many people who have never had a passport.

Every state issues ID cards in the form of a standard ID card or driver's licence.

Most of the time you can't even step foot into a bar without proving your legal age with one, so the fact you can walk into a polling place and just state your name and cross it off a list is classiness.

If it costs money, it is constitutionally illegal to make it a requirement for voting. How is this too complicated for you people?

and this is how you know Republicans aren't worried about voter fraud: because if they genuinely thought they were losing elections because of non-citizens voting, getting the government to pay for ID is exactly what they'd do. But they're not worried about voter fraud, because every investigation done has shown that it's almost non-existent. It's just that they know that if they change the requirements a certain percentage of legitimate voters will be caught out and not get to vote, and they know that Dem voters are more likely not to have photo IDs.

This is just another in a long line of dirty tricks Repulicans pull out around election time to shave a few points off the Dems turnout (pic related). The idea that the Republicans care about the integrity of the electoral process is a sick joke - and you know the funniest part of it? All you Trump supporters defending these tactics - this is the exact same sort of thing the Republican elite did to try to rig the primary elections against Trump.

Do you need identification to absentee vote?

You still have to identify yourself before voting in person the same way you have to identify yourself for in-person voting.