Unpopular Sup Forums opinions thread

>reboots are the needed for current animation because all the new shows greenlighted look like shit (see CNs 2018 schedule)
>watchmen is the greatest cape film and one the greatest films of all time, and was zack snyders one hit wonder
>the joker should still be funny and not an over cringey edge monster
>steven universe is still the best show on at the moment regardless of its flaws
>marvels decent into SJW retardation started with being absorbed by the mouse and made to follow their family friendly PC ways
>young justice was overrated teen drama shit
>sexual fanservice needs to be increased in cartoons and comics, and whiney insecure crybabies need to be pushed aside and ignored for the betterment of the industry
>batman and harley quinn was a fun movie

Sup Forums is filled with massive hypocrites.

>Sup Forums
*Sup Forums

>Sup Forums
*internet

>>marvels descent into SJW retardation started with being absorbed by the mouse and made to follow their family friendly PC ways
How is this an unpopular opinion?

Christopher Reeve Superman movie was not that good. Supporting characters were just there, hobo lex living in the subway is no better then Eisenberg's version, and his plan is stupid, as is the whole plot.

Birthright is the worst Superman origin book of all time. Is basically an adaptation of Smallvile into the comicbook canon and it forces the idea of Clark being a perfect gary stu that non-comic readers despise. Also some ideas are so fucking dumb, like the aura one and Superman being able to learn by reading some books at super speed.
Byrne's Man of Steel and Landis' American Alien are way better origin stories.

Because most people seem to think its because of the new writers, when its a combination of disney trying to virtue signal its wholesome bullshit to normies by selectively hiring these retards out of college. It can get better but only when ike the kike stops plowing his 4000$ an hour whore and tells disneys frozen head to fuck off

dumb braapfag

Ill take braap rather then "slaves built the pyramids", fuck off marlel fag

I recently saw the Watchmen movie not too long ago and thought it was a solid film. I think the casting was great and it followed the comic as best as it could.

What did you think about the changed ending of the film, did you like it better?

Im OP and i preferred the original ending, but thought it was only cosmetic mostly and didnt bother me so much because i saw the movie before i ever read the comic

Is easier to understand because the giant octopus alien comes out of nowhere and I'm almost sure is never set up during the comic. But some people think Dr Manhattan being the cause of the disaster that is supposed to bring the world together in a Cold War era, it can easily be blamed on the Americans creating Dr Manhattan on the first place and so not really ending the war. Plus I think he just leaves, so the planet doesn't really have a common enemy at that point. But I think it still works, but having room for error shouldn't be part of a plan for Ozymandias.

Eh, I think if they did the alien end scene it'd be too silly. I liked the Movie tho, almost wept when Nite-owl 1 died also girl who plays Silk Spectre is a cute.

>Is easier to understand because the giant octopus alien comes out of nowhere and I'm almost sure is never set up during the comic
It was hinted at repeatedly.

Samurai jacks ending was fucking shit and needs to be rewritten

Can't you read user? This is for UNPOPULAR opinions.

In the comic, was the giant octopus alive? I remember it just falling on top of a building. Also, did he drop more around the world or just in America?

I can see how the rest of the world would be mad at the Americans for Dr. Manhattan and him taking off really doesn't leave an enemy to unite against.

I also think the octopus would have just confused the movie audience more.

Why the hell did it take so long for her to disappear?

It was alive, it was grown from the brain of a psychic and had a genetically engineered squid body. When they they transported it to newyork via dr manhatten tech it sent off a psychic wave and died soon after

Spongebob and Fairly Oddparents were never good.

Rick and Morty has always been mediocre.

Scrappy Doo does not deserve the hate he gets.

Samurai Jack had a decent ending.

Wally and Barry should both be the Flash.

There is nothing wrong with cartoons having an animesque art style.

Legend of Korra was good.

Avengers Assemble has been consistently decent.

Attempts at grey morality and moral ambiguity in comics and cartoons are usually poorly done.

The alien is alive. I think the Alien and Dr. Manhattan blast is the same, I mean people like to argue if Manhattan was the threat that the US and USSR wouldn't be able to combat him since he is essentially a god but I don't think that's the case since they know he's manmade also they don't know that Manhattan left/not coming back. I also thought the blast wave thing fit with the cinematic more rather than giant alien octopus.

Rape is a viable plot device, I want more rape in my children shows.

>liking that shitty ending erasing everyone including ashi
>liking a literal timeskip series where all the old characters are desd or dying with bad ends and shitty teen drama new characters
Are you shittaste incarnate?

I like this man. Including rape more so than it already is would fuck up any decency said media had but goddamn would it be funny

If Wally and Barry are both the Flash, do they wear the same costumes? Kind of like he's so fast that it seems like there's 2 of him?

I never said I liked SJ ending.I said it was decent.

The ending could have been a lot better but it was nowhere as bad as people claim it was.

It was gut wrenching and depressing. I fucking hated it and hope the series will end on a better note someday

>liking that shitty ending erasing everyone including ashi
I don't get everyone's with that. That was always the end goal, it was always how it was meant to end - he goes back and erases the bad future.

No, he was supposed to learn to let go of the past and rebuild the future

>gotta get back
>back to the past

He shouldve abandoned that past and be happy with his new waifu in the bright new future. Also, nice woody

Maybe it would make for a better ending, but going to the past was always the intended way, the only new additions were Ashi and not aging.

It shouldve changed, leaving behind everything youve known and love just for your parents who you shouldve grown up from and accepted theyve died thousands of years ago was fucking stupid. He damned scotsman, the ravers, the robots, and everyone else to unexsistance by doing this. Which is worse then akus reign especially when you couldve ended it then and there

Disney doesn't give a shit beyond "what sells". They don't manage ground level hiring at all. Disney's gimmick is "family friendly" memes and choking down innovation to fit into strict gridlines to mass produce as much as they possibly can, SJW bullshit more falls particularly to some of their individual branches (compare the absolute state of Marlel Comics with the MCU).

You could argue the same thing happened with Star Wars but again it seems to be contained to a few parts. Contrast TFA against RO against the new EU against the retarded GIRL POWER!! line of shorts.

>Contrast TFA against RO against the new EU against the retarded GIRL POWER!! line of shorts.
Then why do they do that shit In star wars

Do you know what an opinion is?

>R&m was always terrible
>There is nothing wrong with Animesque artstyles
>SJ had a decent ending
>Attempts at grey moralitly in comics and cartoons are usually poorly done
>Wally and Barry should both be the Flash
>AA has been consistently good

Understandable, have a nice day-

>Spongebob was never good
>Korra was good

I will throw hands

Yes, and i am refuting his opinion

Slaves did build the pyramids, what are you on about?

>internet
*world

>Samurai Jack had a decent ending.
>Legend of Korra was good.
How the fuck can anyone on Sup Forums even think this?

54 KB JPG
>reboots are the needed for current animation because all the new shows greenlighted look like shit (see CNs 2018 schedule)
But the reboots are shit too.

Honestly I think people are being too harsh on CN's 2018 line up.
1. They haven't even aired yet, so there isn't even much to go on.
2. I'd rather take a chance on something new than regurgitated shit from 10-20 years ago.

>sexual fanservice needs to be increased in cartoons and comics
Why?

>He damned scotsman, the ravers, the robots, and everyone else to unexsistance by doing this.
Do you not know time travel works in fiction or are you just stupid?

>living under the cruel leadership of an evil god is better than not existing at all
I worry about this board sometimes.

>Korra was good
This. I never understood Sup Forums's hateboner for it: at it's best it's just as good as ATLA, at it's worst it's kind of meh.

Sup Forums has exactly two responses to girls: hate or masturbation. These are not mutually exclusive.

ATLA's worst >>> LOK's best

You have horrifically shit taste.

*multiverse

>I'd rather take a bullet to the head than potentially help reclaim freedom
lol

Isn't that what Jack did?
By erasing Aku, everyone else besides maybe the robots is probably living a better life.
Of course, you're probably too autistic to realize this.

Stay angry, buddy.

How is that potentially reclaiming freedom you retard?

if you're alive you can take action you numbskull

>>reboots are the needed for current animation because all the new shows greenlighted look like shit (see CNs 2018 schedule)
that doesn't make sense. Reboots aren't popular because there are no good new ideas. They're popular because brand recognition sells better.

>sexual fanservice needs to be increased in cartoons and comics, and whiney insecure crybabies need to be pushed aside and ignored for the betterment of the industry
sexuality never did anything for the industry. comics are dying because there are easier and more engaging ways to consume fiction now.

Because that worked out for the Scotsman, didn't it.

>he'd rather roll over and die than go to extreme lengths for the cause
coward

I live to see another day.
You'll just be another statistic who tried to fight for a "cause".

I dont even have a comeback, I jist think its genuinely sad if you truly believe this

You're on a board for comics and cartoons, arguing over the actions of a fictional samurai.
There's no room for either us to call anyone "sad".

T. Scrappy Doo

I was thinking something along the lines of how Marvel has Miles and Peter both share the title of Spiderman but have different costumes and supporting casts.

Its weird how many Wally and Barry fans insist that the only way those two can coexist is to kill off or depower one of them.

Xavier Renegade Angel isn't very good

Rebirth's gradual changes to continuity instead of having one big one are only needlessly confusing. Also the whole overlong retconning of Wonder Woman history was unneeded if you could just handwaved by the effect of Darkseid's death / Wally's arrival, or whatever is supposed to be reason for other retcons.

While not as bad as Marvel ones, DC editors are still pretty bad at doing their job. See Revenge / Earthlings on Fire not!crossover.

The new history of merged Superman is terrible. It includes worst of late post-Crisis and basically has Superman be mostly non-active through New 52 years.

Sup Forums is a bunch of hypocrites who love legacy characters if they grew up with them and hate them if they grew up with originals.

Johns is a massive hypocrite and is responsible for a lot of those "edgy" stories that he now complains about. He is also shitty fanboy who always tries to restore characters to what he thinks is the right state for them.

Fraction's Hawkeye was shit and so was Aaron's Thor: God of Thunder.

>reboots are the needed for current animation

You are a retard, I know this doesn't fit the thread' theme, but I need to say this

Anime is better, not because the west is inherently shit or incapable of good looking and interesting cartoons but because it's dominated by unambitious lazy people and jewish executives.
OK KO is being praised left and right here but it literally offers nothing special. The animation is okay outside of the (japanese storyboarded) opening which is what the show should look like at all times given it's incredibly simple and somewhat poor art style. They can't even draw the characters on model for fucks sake. The writing is average 2010 era cartoon schlock where characters have to exclaim why their wacky actions are oh so ironic. Anime may be plagued by cookie cutter archtypes and settings but at least there's such a wide array of genres and demographics that you're bound to find at least one show per season you'll enjoy. That's 4 shows a year, compared to the 4 a half decade you're bound to enjoy in the west.
People who shit on anime for it's limited animation, which is very much true, but for a cartoon to look good it needs much more than nice fluid animation. You need strong art styles and composition. Modern cartoons often have neither.

TL;DR modern western animation sucks but it doesn't have to

Also Manga > Comics

rwby could've been great

Calvin and Hobbes is one of the most overrated Sup Forums related works. Outside the great sundays art is just "old man yells at cloud" the comic strip.

>"old man yells at cloud"
I don't understand

I don't agree with him but he probably means how Bill Watterson puts in a lot of his personal beliefs into the comic, about schools, adulthood and media. I find it's much better than the go to punchline that newspaper comics use now: DUDE PHONES LMAO

>Bendis is not that bad. People have a bias against him

>continuity must not be so strict that it kills creativity

>many times "technical" comments are disguised opinions about the politics of a comic or cartoon.

>Reed and sue are a shitty couple and should divorce

No, it's because the West - by which you really mean America - is a cultureless morass compared to Japan, hence all the shitty writing.

Cul de Sac was a million times better than C&H and it's a shame that what happened to Thompson didn't happen to Watterson instead.

Orion should be part of The Flash family.

Sinestro should form another corps using Pride as the main source rather than Fear.

The Killing Joke is below average and doesn't have a lot of substance Batfags claim it does.

Doctor Manhattan should become the Blue Lantern Corp's entity that powers their rings.

Superman should honestly just ditch Earth and go into space doing space stuff after becoming a Blue Lantern.

The only reason anime is outperforming modern American animated movies is because America lacks anyone with genuine talent to pull off interesting facial expressions or who has a distinct unique style, where is the American Yuasa or Watanabe?

Now you're just sounding like a weeb and I'm the one who wrote the huge rant about how anime was better.