Saturday, September 9

Saturday, September 9

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NAh9oLs67Cw
youtube.com/watch?v=w27mGz-r71I
garfield.com/comic/1981/01/20
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm beginning to think Davis and Gallagher are the same person.

"What do you think of that?" Did he expect an answer?

Garfield and the other animals' thought bubbles exist in a quantum realm.
Sometimes humans can hear them, sometimes they don't.
It's a reflection of Jon's fluxuating acceptance of his position in life, and the evil he feeds for a lack of ability to put an end to it.
The cat has his pipe, but he needs to accept it to understand the cat.

I lost in THE internet i go to the Sup Forums

did the heathcliff guy finally die or something
why have you people switched to garfield

they're both completely unfunny yet bizarrely popular comics about a cat

This one calls for the Without Garfield treatment.

There's only room for one orange cat on this board.

THE

PIPE

STRIP

CLUB

WITH

YOUR

I ate those food

>this title picture
fucking garfield the edgehog

Lel

Brainlet here. Someome please explain what makes this so profound.

You see garfeild has his food. In order for jon to understand garfeild job needs to understand that its not his food anymore. He transfered his food over to garfeild, its no longer jons, the food is much more than just food.

youtube.com/watch?v=NAh9oLs67Cw

this is now an ol'Elli thread

Member this

A Classic

good lord help me i actually chuckled at this

Protip:Garfield REALLY hates mondays

it took me longer than i'd like to admit to understand Davis' action lines, i was always like "what are those white papers that come off everything"

>Garfield, you went into the room to jerk-off.

>Enjoy.

>Sincerely, Garfield.

i did too user, it's cute.

What the fuck is wrong with Jon's mouth in the second panel? It looks rotated by 90 degrees.

GarmFi3lD u R such @ Bad K1TtY U r S0 F@t why R u S0 FQT!

That's the way it's drawn in its neutral position.

Is this art?

Can someone do realfield for this

Can Jon hear Garfield or not?

It depends, when him not being able to speak is part of the joke, Jim will usually point it out.

>Draw it a girl
>Call it a boy

Coffee comedy is the lowest form of humor.

Garfield can wreck shit if he wants. He catches them birds like it's nothing and he's obese. He's basically a sleeping giant. He could probably join the Sense of Right Alliance if they offered him all he can eat lasagna.

He's bad news.

youtube.com/watch?v=w27mGz-r71I

But john can't understand what garfield is saying

why does garfield hate mondays? He doesn't have a job. Monday is no different to saturday or sunday for him.

He has extremely bad luck on Mondays.

Sure thing, boss

You are appreciated, user.

I had to look this up to see if it was a real strip.

garfield.com/comic/1981/01/20

How bizarre.

Never forget.

garfield was best before he could walk on two legs

Mondays started it.

>Coffee comedy is the lowest form of humor.

Did Jon intend to eat a steak, a salad and AN ENTIRE LASAGNA all by himself?

>tfw best friend is in a psych ward
I understand the joke but it's too personal for me to find it funny

>implying her fine body doesn't make up for her menthal deficits.

He has the highes power level in the cartoon.
There was only one time Nermal beat him up

How come comics are always saved as GIFs?

Gifs are small because they have only 255 colours.

smaller file size

Would've been a lot better if the strip from the day before was printed out on 9/11 instead

About an orange cat who loves food, no less.

True.This would be glorious even more than that veteran day cartoon.

hahaha
Jon gets a separate call for each tower

Chernobyl disaster

Meh

Deepest lore.

Nermal is a cute girl (male)!

He's a faggy boy who thinks that his youth and looks matter.

nothing like fresh-ground Colombian cocaine

>A cat is fine too.

look at that dress, you can see her red fat pussy behind her, that slut

Reminds me of that strip where Jon declares that he wants to be around a girl, then Garfield goes out and comes back in dressed as a women and telling Jon that he is only doing this for him.

Yes, that was an actual strip.

Ok, so I was born in 85 but didn't understand English well enough to read the comics (or understand the animated series), and by the time I was old enough I didn't care.

Can anyone explain to me how THE FUCK this became such a cultural phenomenon back then? I've read hundreds of these strips and the crushing majority of them isn't funny, isn't clever and doesn't even bring a smile to my face. This , for example, is clever (though not particularly funny). How did this ugly cat become a household toy / fancy office mug / car decoration?

found it.

First, the old strips (80s to mid 90s) were much funnier. Often they were downright absurd or even surreal, and that type of humour was not common at the time, especially when it mixed up or combined all those aspects.

Second, back in that time, you couldn't check one bajillion webcomics on your phone. The strips appeared either daily in your morning newspaper, or collected biweekly / monthly in comic book releases in some countries. You had to pay for them. And as far as paid humour comics went, Garfield was among the better ones.

The humour itself was also universal in that it appealed to all ages. They weren't kid-only humour, or adult-only humour. Kids liked it for how wacky it was, adults could like how much of a cynical dick Garfield was or how much of a loser Jon was.
Point is, you didn't need to understand any origin stories or know each characters quirks or anything. Jon is a loser single guy who owns two pets.

And consider that this is a DAILY strip. It doesn't have to hit a home run every day. It's purpose is to bring a smile to your face once a day. It does that fine.

The characters were also extremely marketable, and Jim Davis took advantage of that.

Thanks. So it had a captive audience in the 90's. But are the comics ITT from that era, too? Because they're awful.

If I was reading Garfield for 2 decades I'd be willing to overlook their simplicity, mellow jokeless nature and lack of punchlines too, if only because it was a daily part of my childhood / adult life; but that's not high praise for art - that people can now only appreciate it for nostalgic reasons.