All-New Guardians of the Galaxy #11 unlettered pages

Art's by Roland Boschi, and featuring the return of Richard Rider!

Last page, but hey, look: it's Robbie Rider!

The theory of him being Talonar looks more and more likely every day.

Is this run 'good'?

'No'

'Elaborate'?

Yes. Duggan's bringing tons of cosmic shit back.

It's pretty good. It has synergistic elements because the movie gave the Guardians a real foundation, and that triggers the fuck out of some people who think there's a chance of Marvel deciding to dump that and rehash the DnA run for no reason after 6 years.
But Duggan actually cares about the continuity unlike Bendis and Humphries and is bringing in a lot of older plot points and characters from DnA's run as well as Starlin's Cosmic. For instance, Duggan's "baby" Groot is actually diminished because his power has been sapped by a Cosmic Elder who is building an army of Groots, and it's been hinted that the reason Groot lost his voice in the first place is because of this. That's a continuity niggle that's been bothering folks since War of Kings.
But no, let's all just bitch about Peter listening to music instead.

It's ok. The superficial synergy aspect is a bit retarded, but there's some actual cosmic shit going on again. Duggan is actually doing some serious world building and plotting stuff out long-term. Too bad the book's sales are terrible and they'll cancel it before the year is up.

I may give the back issues a look and pick it up depending on how I feel.
I do have a compulsion to check out any books that has the audacity to use Darkhawk.

I'm glad that other people are finally getting this. There's no way the guardians are ever going to go back to what they were. But this is a very tolerable mix between the movie and DnA guardians.

Well, I was actually here when v2 was ongoing, I remember what we liked about it and what we didn't and why. I know why we all hated Bendis' run from the very first preview, and it didn't have a damn thing to do with synergy, at least not outwardly. We hated it because Bendis is a shoddy writer ill-suited to the far-out nature of Cosmic and clearly didn't give a fuck about the characters and continuity that we'd been enjoying for years. Duggan does. He just recognizes that you catch more flies with honey, and isn't gonna go retconning the preceding garbage to sate the autism of a few Sup Forumsmrades.
It is my estimation that most of the people who come crawling out of the woodwork to whine about DnA and bitch about synergy are hipsters who only read v2 in the first place because we passed the rec list around like candy during the movie hype.

It's pretty neat that Duggan found a way to implement the Mixtapes in a more natural way than Bendis/Humphries forced them in.

That issue was great, and singlehandedly made me forgive the music stuff being shoved into the comics.

>It is my estimation that most of the people who come crawling out of the woodwork to whine about DnA and bitch about synergy are hipsters who only read v2 in the first place because we passed the rec list around like candy during the movie hype.
I'm one of the people who took that recommendation list, and I fell in love. I liked the Guardians, but I especially liked Nova. He's now one of my top 5 heroes.
I didn't love the first two issues of Duggan's run, but it was better than anything Bendis had ever done, and the he had taken the baby Groot thing and actually done something interesting with it besides synergy.
I was hooked after issue 3. It was my guess Duggan was gonna ease people in from movie style Guardians to something more of a mix of his own and classic Starlin/DnA stuff, just like he eased people in with the first 6 issues of his Deadpool run, and it looks like I was right.

I'm loving Dugguardians of Duggalaxy right now, and it's one of the comics I look forward most to every month.

And honestly? I like the Milano synergy. It's a great looking ship design, and they needed an identifiable ship.

Glad you're digging it. I love your pics by the way.

Looks like Rich is back to being Nova Prime and wearing that outfit again. That's cool.

Thanks user

Woah did someone actually remember Rich was starting to rebuild the Corps before Thanos Imperative?

Duggan made his new version similar to movie ones.
Rich may have gotten back some of the guys he was rolling with before Thanos Imperative.
Not sure where they're getting power, or Rich for that matter, since Rich left the Nova Force in the Cancerverse

Remember when Star-Lord was married to Kitty Pryde? What the fuck were they doing with this franchise?

Whatever Bendis wanted. Didn't also make Kitty Pryde a god?

It seems like Duggan actually gives a shit so maybe we'll get more of an explanation.

I'm honestly fine with the music thing being added. I think it adds a nice little quirk to Quill's character. Not everything the movies did is some sort of blasphemous addition. Of course, that depends on him being handled by a decent writer who doesn't just make it a big meme.

He was ENGAGED to Kitty Pryde. They never married.
But yes, Bendis was truly shit. All those years on the book and he contributed absolutely nothing to the franchise. Just boring books where nothing happened that were way too obsessed with Earth instead of grand cosmic dangers.
Why was Angela on the team again?

Considering the amount of inconsistencies in the last couple things Rich has been in, it'd be a lot better for everyone to entirely ignore them and just say he's back to being Nova Prime.

Will they remember Garthan Saal too?

Hell no. That is never getting paid off and you know it.

Oh shit does he have the Prime armor on

He does. It's strange since he's wearing the newer outfit on the cover, but I guess we'll see which one he ends up wearing.
This could be a flashback, but I highly doubt that.

I'll just wait until To draws him, as guest artists always go all over the place when looking at character references.

Oh dang, Boschi is great. He did the finale mini for Aaron's Ghost Rider run, and it was excellent.