Wow I remember this cartoon,I used to like it allot

>wow I remember this cartoon,I used to like it allot
>revisit it
>it's a hard to watch cringefest

What is that cartoon's name?

your current favorite one

A lot of the cartoons I grew up on.

Invader Zim. The presentation is excellent, but holy shit the actual dialogue is horrible.

Most 80's/Early 90's cartoons.

None, I never grew out of my child tastes

>Watched Johnny test and World of Quest
>Quoted that shit all the time when I was younger
>Thought it was the coolest shit
>Watch them again
>Turn them off after 5 minutes of horrific dialogue and """"jokes""""

The smurfs cartoon I guess. It isn't that cringy, it's just mostly dumb. Comic still hold pretty well tho.

Code Lyoko and the original Teen Titans cartoon. When I went back to them, I really wanted to like them, but by the end of each I just couldn't convince myself they weren't garbage.

Each had a good premise, but failed in the execution. Not to say that they didn't have good moments, just that they overall weren't nearly as good as I thought they were when I first saw them.

bad opinion
There was someone who liked Code Lyoko? That was garbage even as a kid.

TT has aged really well though, still a great piece of animation

Teen Titans is the 2nd-best cartoon of all time.

was it about two aliens going around conquering planets?

>Only remember the badass villain
>Forgot that most of the episodes revolve around those shitty orcs and their failed attempts to infiltrate the good guys' land
>Don't even remember those faggots that fly with leaves

The robot monkeys one. Does anyone remember that one? I tried to rewatch it again a couple of years back and I couldn't make it after the 4th episode or so. It was just so boring. But as a kid I thought it was the coolest thing ever.

Hey at least the world of quest comic is actually pretty good. Look into that.

For me only the dialog and voices get me
for example Totaly Spies
Used to watch it allot but now I can't stand the "we are young teens and we are like totally cool" characteristics and dialogue

Believe it or not it's Hey Arnold! for me.

I remember it started off as a simple heroes fight bad guys and save the day show
but one of the monkeys died then the main villain died but not really so the monkeys chased him into space
it got pretty serious

There's no shame in watching Totally Spies during your formative years.
Kaput and Zozky was weird. It only appeared on Nicktoons Network. That channel felt like a fever dream.

>watch Batman Beyond, Godzilla TAS, MiB TAS, and Beast Wars
They all still stand up

Why? It still holds up.

Nearly every 80s cartoon that people remember fondly are incredibly boring.

Yeah, the 80s weren't actually a good time for cartoons. They were shallow, cheaply animated advertisements, and they didn't even try very hard to hide it.
It wasn't till the 90s where the quality went up drastically.
I think it was Batman TAS that really kicked it off

animaniacs and the last seaons of Tiny Toons

Now i get why Doug Walker loved the show soo much

I remember that. The villain seemed really out of place. Like he belonged on a pg-13 animated movie or something.

>loved Total Drama and Dave the Barbarian as a kid
>recently revisit them
>they're even better than I remember
That's a good feeling

Dave especially was way better than I remebered.

Bonkers
Miranda will still be my first cartoon crush it was either her, Rebecca Cunningham, or Peg. one of them was my first

how tight are those glasses?

Most '80s shows that aren't the first few seasons of The Real Ghostbusters.

Animaniacs

Camp Lazlo

I had the opposite reaction, I re-watched a few episodes the other night and i had a blast

I watched Teen Titans for the very first time this year, sorry to disappoint your nostalgia memery.

TMNT 2003.
It is... so bad. Simply awful.

I haven't watched it since, but is that true?
I have fond memories of it

Watched it for the first time just recently, it's great.

*whip crack*
I remember loving Johnny Test back in elementary school but it's impossible to watch now.
At least we got the episode with female johnny.

Johnny Test. I swear I remember watching the show and not noticing the excessive whipcracks.

It's like all early 2000's Cartoon. But worse because it's 4Kids.
I won't pretend to know why but I'm glad you can enjoy my favourite childhood cartoon.

>says the teen titans fan
Lmao

Only decent answers in this thread are Teen Titans, Totally Spies, and Code Lyoko

The state of Sup Forums

The Iron Giant
unIRONically

Iron Giant fucking holds up

Take a long walk off a short pier, buddy

It was you!
For years, people on Sup Forums have been bitching about Johnny Test. How on Earth has this not been cancelled yet? Who the hell is still watching this?
It was you! You were watching the show!

Not a cartoon, but Batman Forever. Watched it with some friend and felt bad for exposing them to it.

Pokemon. I loved that shit when I was younger. Don't try to tell me it's an anime, it will always be a cartoon to me. But god damn it's got some cringy shit.

Ed, Edd & Eddy.

Fighting Foodons, literally could not get past the first five minutes and my favorite ep was similarly unwatchable. This shit is what inspired me to start cooking and by extension lead me to Ag school and it's so fucking shit.

You know what? I rewatched it two weeks ago. I'll give you this but only because it was supposed to take place during the 60's. Animation has few errors and the dialogue only made me cringe in the beginning up to where Hogarth first meets the IG. It was.. alright.

>Tripfag with shit taste
Shocker

>the dialogue only made me cringe in the beginning up to where Hogarth first meets the IG.
What does he say?

>cartoon
>not anime
Sounds like another bad case of 4kids dubbing.

false.

This is some good bait.

>johnny test premiered in the US in 2008
>almost a decade ago

I liked it as a kid but now it's unwatchable. One of those cases, quite rare in my book.

You just grew up to have awful taste then

To be fair each season did seem to be a bit worse than the last. The early seasons were just fucking incredible though.

american dragon jake long
steven universe

Is that not the point? For half of their dialogues at least

>original Teen Titans
Are you talking about the actual original or the weebshit that predated TTG?

Is this a serious question?

Rocket Power

After rewatching the first couple of episodes, I understand now why my dad would always turn off the tv if he caught me watching it.

Honestly I had pretty good taste growing up. I'll have to thank my folks for watching TV with me making sure I don't watch mind numbing garbage. Most of my childhood cartoons still hold up.

>weebshit
Why do you say this like it's a bad thing, user?

catdog, just a bit though. some episodes are much better than others

The early seasons were still pretty great. I haven't changed my opinion of them through several rewatching.

But god, did it go straight to hell once they just let go with the time travel and mysticism shit. Once the Utroms left Earth, they just dropped the ball and let all the bullshit flow freely. Like the 2 seasons of nexus adventures and Ninja Tribunal magical powers nonsense that they forgot instantly when the season ended, and then them time traveling to the future and back and dealing with Cyber Shredder and then dealing with Ancient Shredder, and then that disaster of a wedding that was obviously trying to be a wrap-up episode.

There were lots of good episodes and stories in the bad seasons but they were not good enough to save the seasons (especially because they never messed with the status quo anyway).

I'm glad a century of torture and suffering brought Stockman out of his karmic rut and evil mindset, and back to being a good guy with a happy ending and totally not going back to the Shredder. Nope, nosirree he didn't.

The thing I hated most about the later seasons was that Splinter stopped being a wise master/father figure and just turned into comic relief. Every time they had a low hanging fruit joke, Splinter would show up and say a stupid one-liner. Then they redid his face when they did the future arc to look like a teenage rat, and then his HELP ME MY SONS bullshit through the Cyber Shredder arc just made him out to be a retarded Zordon. So infuriating.

This is what I get for trying to watch a kids' show.

>and then dealing with Ancient Shredder
Did you watch the seasons in the proper order?

It honestly broke my heart

>The thing I hated most about the later seasons was that Splinter stopped being a wise master/father figure and just turned into comic relief.
I can't recall that from the last two seasons, but if you're including season 5 that's definitely not true.

I wouldn't go as far as to say it's awful but I'd have to agree that it isn't quite AS good as I remember it being.
Just a pretty average 2000's action cartoon really. Sound mixing is pretty bad and a lot of the voice acting is all over the place.

Ironically though I've warmed up to Utrom Shredder, though. I fucking hated Shredder being an Utrom as a kid but now I think Ch'Rell is a cool villain in his own right, even if I don't necessarily think of him as 'Shredder.'

get out of here trollerdog
in terms of dc cartoons JL, Batman Beyond and Static Shock still hold up

Teen Titans, not so much in my opinion

>Sound mixing is pretty bad and a lot of the voice acting is all over the place.
Oh fuck off already samefag.

>in terms of dc cartoons JL, Batman Beyond and Static Shock still hold up
>Teen Titans, not so much in my opinion
TT is better than the entire DCAU combined.

I rewatched almost everything over the summer. B:TAS, S:TAS, Beyond and Static all held up just fine when I watched them. The writing on Justice League was just really lacking in comparison. It got better as it went but the entire first season was just disappointing

>someone doesn't like the cartoon i like and has the same complaints as someone else so they have to be a samefag
Cancerous mentality, my man.
I even said the series wasn't "awful" and that it had good points.

But the music is too loud at moments and it gets distracting sometimes.

A lot of 90's Nick hasn't held up at all for me. Especially CatDog. Foster's is another one that I now dislike after re-watching it.

I remember seeing it on Kids WB in like 2006. You sure, user?

>rewatch KND
>it's actually better than I remembered

It's a good feeling

>Foster's is another one that I now dislike after re-watching it.
Its Blu isn't it? he became more of a cunt as the show progressed.

That wiggly art style oh muh gawd! What am I watching Home Movies?! Ugh!

My favourite cartoon years ago was Robotboy...Sadly it didn't age well

Sonic, Satam.

I liked it a lot and I cared about the characters, but the flow of the episodes and FUCKING CREE SUMMERS THE DRAGON made it bad. Rotor stood out as an underrated bro tier character. Brotor.

Did Archie Sonic ever call him Brotor?

>weebshit
>American show
kys
>the actual original
The comics were and are shit

I did. I wrote things in the order they pissed me off and tried to arrange them chronologically and missed that.

I get that 2003 was basically a retelling of a lot of stuff that came from the comics and original cartoons. I just made the mistake of thinking that 2003 was going to be any more different which made me sperg out in autistic rage about the show. I don't really hate mysticism and sci-fi in TMNT (especially since there are heavy amounts of both in the premise), but the seasons basically being a continuity reset after every season past Utrom Shredder's departure was just so jarring. Felt like I was getting heavy whiplash every time a new season started because it seemed like the brothers turned into half-incompetent fighters with no resources every time. I guess it's a problem that comes when you finally take out the Big Bad you spent several season fighting, and the producers have nothing better to do except try to escalate the odds because you need to keep the cash money coming in instead of stopping or coming up with something that actually feels like story progression instead of a reset switch.

That entire scavenger hunt for Splinter in cyberspace was my breaking point. And the worst part is that they killed off a good qt villian to make it a season-long event.

Yeah. He's a dick to the point you just want to yell at the screen.

Neither of these shows aged poorly, in fact there's more to enjoy about now.

Honestly I was being ironic. I love the show, and it still holds up.

Yeah, I felt that way to. He became more of a problem for Mac instead of a friend. Mac use to enjoy the mess they got into together, but then it became annoying for him instead. It felt like their dynamic changed.

Bloo is just King Asshole in a show full of them.

Wilt, Eduardo, and Frankie are pretty much the only ones in there that don't fall into that category.

Rocket Power

Wont get no argument from me. I found it cringe when it first aired. The lingo, and theme was out dated as fuck.

>That episode with Mac and the tickets to Europe
Fuck Mrs.Foster

I was young and growing up in the EXTREME sports era. I just liked skating and snowboarding but damn that show is cringy looking back at it

What about that slut Coco?

original thunder cats, watched it in the 80's and loved it,
I saw it again in the late 90's and was old enough to see how bad it really was but young enough to not expect my childhood memories smashed in such a way.

It's 12 years old, bro

>Mom.. I gotta tell you somethin...
>HOGARTH ENOUGH I'M NOT IN THE MOOD.
It felt a little too real. Especially when yoz grow up and realize the cold war is taking place.

>something hits too close to home
>I don't like it and it means it's low quality
Howbthe fuck do you remember to breathe?