Would you say that Penny Arcade has gotten better or worse over the last few years?

Would you say that Penny Arcade has gotten better or worse over the last few years?

worse

Worse in literally every conceivable way, both in terms of writing and art.

A comic from 10 years ago for comparison.

Worse, but the target audience has shifted. Gabe and Tycho are aiming at the grown up nerd crowd who still play games but have kids and the house and maybe or maybe not the white picket fence.

>three mouths

This one is superior to the OP comic because you don't need to know a single thing about Gabe and Tycho to get it. It's easy enough to infer that some manager at some other game store has treated them like shit, and now they're trying to find another one, only to be snared by the fantastic shittiness of EB Games. You just need to be a sort of general gamer to get this comic, whereas with you need more inside information, particularly concerning Tycho's obsession with card games.

Also this one is just flat-out funnier. It got a chuckle out of me, where the OP comic did not.

I think you know they've gotten worse in ever regard. It's now some weird tumblr slice of life with occasional gaming references.

its been a stable low over the past ~3 years
peaked around 2005-7, then a wobbly down trend with a few gems through ~2011 then a downward slide to it's currant floor.

He copy/pasted panel one into panel two, but left the falling cards in place without changing them.

That's pretty bad.

It bothers me that Gabe's teeth have continually worsened. Other than that, I am fine with it.

Yes I'm also sure you're fine with steven universe as well

Should have quit a long time ago.

Now they're just old men clinging on to a forgotten time, like Maddox.

Shit, Maddox is still doing his thing?

Thank God someone else noticed that, I was beginning to get worried.

Forever the best.

Yes

Art-wise, it's gotten too exaggerated. I dropped the comic years ago, though.

Fucking hell, when the shit did Gabe become some precocious adolescent goblin with hair possessed by the shadow of Toucan Sam?

Amazingly, yes.

>his last video on youtube got less than 7k views

Ouch.

Worse. He crawled out from behind the text and decided he'd be a youtuber well the fuck after his ship had sailed

I miss getting excited for each new strip back in the day.

Now I'm getting sad and nostalgic for the old crappy but adventurous days of the internet.

Jeez what happened. It almost looked like he was about to get reddit popular back when then the spiderwoman pose controversy happened. His next few videos were popular then... nothing.

He probably just doesn't want to admit that a certain style or genre has ended.

Half the time I don't get the joke they're trying to tell

I also really don't like the new art. Sure it's more elaborate, but it doesn't look appealing.

how much they get paid to advertse those toys? I remember they did the same with krosmaster

bought a print of it. had them sign it.