Characters that have the fault for everything bad in the life of the protagonist

In the Korra comics they made him homophobic as well to really drill the fact he is a bad guy.

Yeah, because build a sugar company from scratch and make a luxury living for yours (ungrateful) wife and (melodramatic) daugther make you a bad dad!

Did he build it? Or was it inherited? Seems more likely the latter.

Joseph wasn't abusive. He did send Beatrice to college & tried to keep Beatrice safe. I don't know why he didn't hide burning everything from Beatrice & buying her a new doll though...

He was emotionally abusive, even if he was aware or not that what he was doing brought more harm to his family than good. Also wasn't he cheating on his wife with the secretary?

"I will fight to be everything that everybody wants me to be when I'm grown!"

>tried to keep Beatrice safe
by the operation?

Joseph was a good guy, at the time that kind of surgery was recomended by many prominet doctors...

I think he´s NOT cheating Beatrice...remember the cute secretary was Beatrice

No way!, the genocide of air people was a lesser evil that be an homofobic beard guy?

He helped to develop a bipolar disorder on your wife and a PSTD - Personality disorder on your daughter and the way of fixing it was remove the prefrontal cortex of your wife and trash her daughter while focusing on his company

He unironically did nothing wrong

This motherfucker, right here.

For a man who had a son die and an insane and later lobotomized wife he was a pretty happy guy.

For a while, lobotomies were the psychosis equivalent of chemotherapy. They almost always caused more harm than good, but they still did it because it had a very slim chance of working. After she tried to murder-suicide with her daughter, the alternative was likely being locked up in a mental health facility for the rest of her life.

I hope Jobs' cancer is posting this after taking over the rest of his shitty "I know better than doctors!" asshole body.

Chemotherapy is a terrible treatment. It only has something like a 5% success rate and has a far better chance to fuck up your body up so badly that you die faster and more painfully than the cancer would have. The only reason that shit isn't outlawed is because there just aren't any better alternatives.

In 50 years, people are going to look back on it the same way we look back on lobotomies now.

It was The Ultimate Evil's fault since is Aku's father

I'm confused as to why everyone thinks he burned her stuff out of spite. They said when she got sick that Beatrice had scarlet fever, that's what they HAD to do. Your kid gets scarlet fever = burn everything so you don't spread it. Or am I wrong?

I hope this is bait

The most fucked up part for me was when he threatened his daughter with lobotomy, even after he saw the state it left his wife in.

I think that was just a poor choice of words on his part.

Yes, the near complete destruction of an entire people and their culture and civilization to secure his ambitions of empire-building is the lesser evil than being mean to gays.

Don't think about it too much and the stupid won't get to you.

The burning shit was justified though based off of the whole scarlet fever thing

he really tried to do the right thing by his family. if he didn't love them, he would have just neglected them both. Ignored his daughter, and let her eat whatever the fuck she wants cause what does he care if she get fat. NOT taken his obviously ill wife to get medical treatment from a professional. He did the best he could, knowing what he did. And future generations will judge us just as harshly.
>took your wife to a psychiatrist who prescribed her anti-depressants?
>"you monster! don't you know that those have negative side effects!"
>encouraged your daughter to study and eat a healthy diet, well rounded diet, with just a little bit of junk food.
>"how dare you impede her true self! don't you know that studying is for robots?! how do you expect her to compete in the creativity-marketplace now that AI has made studying obsolete!? and depriving a child of copious amounts of delicious junk food causes time-bean-deficiency syndrome you barbarian?!"

At some point, you have to stop blaming your parents (or in this case grandparents) for your shortcomings.

>don't you know that studying is for robots?! how do you expect her to compete in the creativity-marketplace now that AI has made studying obsolete!?
He just send her to college so she gets a rich husband and he was upset she came back just with a diploma.

>In the Korra comics they made him homophobic
Are you fucking kidding me?

what the fuck

despite everything that happened I still liked him

Really surprised they got away with this one.

How? It's not a kid show which would be the only reason it wouldn't pass

Too bad he went out like a bitch.

Maybe if you're a dumb fuck sucking on Sup Forumstards' limp dicks.

she didn't deserve this

>drunk self-destructive
Yeah, she sorta did

Well that's dumb.

no user she was a woman with a tragic upbringing and a horrible father and raised at a time where women couldn't have their own personality and her father was gonna lobotomized her if she tried to be anything but breasts and ass

nice
i think i will rewatch korra now

I'm kind of surprised she seemed to want to go back to the summer house given everything that happened.

>"That was guy the WORST!"
I can just HEAR the whiny tumblrite voice.

by that logic every black mother out there should lobotomy her husband

Nah man. The Ultimate Evil is Aku's mother. Jack's dad, who put his magic arrow into the black pit is the father. The gods who cut that part out of the Ultimate evil would be the cesarean surgeons.

If only they could find them.

there was no mundane reason to add that

I mean, from what I remember of that children's rabbit book, yeah. Everything had to go.
But it's from Bea's POV- even if the reason for it was wholly justified, it was still something traumatic for her, watching a cherished doll burn and melt right in front of her eyes. Her memories of her father- especially due to the lobotomy- aren't terribly pleasant either, so her dementia might even be twisting things to portray his behavior as more 'spiteful' than it actually was

The mortality rate without chemo is 100% though.

>It only has something like a 5% success rate
You are fucking stupid, kid.

>Never interacted with Bojack in any way in the show.
>Gave Butterscotch a high paying job despite not approving of him marrying his daughter.

He made Bojack's life better, not worse.

Wait, Zim erratic behavior is the result of a defective PAK? Is that canon?

I am a medical student and I assure you that not only you are ignorant, but also a dangerous ignorant. Cancer isn't a single disease and chemotherapy isn't a single treatment. In some cases the chemotherapy has a rate of success (normally remission) of 80%. There are some kinds of cancer which can even be permanently healed with chemio. You shouldn't talk about something you don't know, especially when it has something to do with life and death.

>its his fault his son died fighting a war
i guess tumblr can blame anything on the man with the most authoity around

>In the Korra comics
if you want to discuss fanfiction take it to trash

Are you Plastic Man because that's one hell of a stretch user

Grass is green, sky is blue, and Dante and Bryan cannot write romance to save their lives.

>please help me, im suffering from dementia in the 50s
what was the guy suppossed to do?
the only time he gets mad at her is when she almost killed their daughter making her drive and when she didnt even nottice their daughter was sick
hell, he sent their daughter to college wich was rare backin the day and accepted her and gave her piece of shit husband a job when she run away instead of being spiteful towards her
The only bad thing they show him doing was being incensitive wich is pretty fucking mild considering a man back then had absolutely no idea how to deal with emotional women and thats quoting the show

clearly the problem was their son dying which triggered the mothers dementia

I'm really amazed by how three-dimensional the characters in Bojack Horseman are turning out. Beatrice went from "lol shitty mom" to having a seriously tragic life.

"Every day the future looks a little bit darker. But the past, even the grimy parts of it, well, it just keeps on getting brighter all the time"

It was jarring how exaggerated he was compared to literal everyone else on the show. I couldnt take half of the flashbacks seriously when he was acting like such a cartoonishly evil monster that it felt out of place for Bojack.
I wish they could have made him serious after the dark shit happened

Anyone else still NOT feel bad for Beatrice? Bojack's mother is still a horrible piece of shit. So she had a bad childhood, but she was old enough as a young woman to know to NOT get involved and have a fling with some random guy she met for less than five minutes. She comes from a wealthy family and could have aborted Bojack to marry that other nice guy who she seemed to be sympathizing with.

Instead she chases the man who impregnated her and gets with him. Instead of trying to be a mother to her baby she whines about hiring a nanny. Poor women don't have that option, and that's what she was thanks to marrying a poor man. She didn't want to deal with the consequences of her actions.

And honestly fuck her to hell when she said the following about her husband to Henrietta:

"Don't let that man poison your life like how he did to me. And if you have a baby? He's not going to help you I assure you of that."

Fuck you bitch. Bojack's father didn't poison your life, you CHOSE to slut it up with him in an unprotected sexual fling and you could have aborted the damn child but to quote Bojack's father "You wanted this baby" it's your own damn fault that your life is a poisonous trainwreck.

The second point to address, Beatrice claims that Bojack's father would not help with the baby, but excuse me bitch he is WORKING. He's a working class man who has to work to make sure his family is housed, clothed, and fed. So shut the fuck up. She's a "lady of leisure" who didn't do jack shit for her family compared to Bojack's father.

For these reasons I don't give a damn if she had a rough childhood. Once she was old enough to get herself pregnant she was old enough to choose poorly and destroy her life while making others around her miserable. Fuck her. Really hated how Bojack didn't tell her the rightful "Fuck you" that she deserved the instant she remembered Bojack.

If the writers intended for viewers to see Beatrice as sympathetic? They completely failed.

it's not critiquing BJ's grandfather. It's a very mediocre attempt to imagine some person from the distant future criticizing the "good" things that we do in the present.

Actually Aku calls it his father in S5

Actually it was the jews fault for pissing off the nazis which led to them shooting his son causing his wife to go into hysterics
crying is stupid

He was probs hiding his emotions, he is a business man after all

directly responsible for gotham city's prospering health and criminal justice system

>Jack fucked his cousin

>Sup Forums siding with the guy who lobotomized his wife

Anything to be contrarian, right?

Get away with what? The person saying it is the epitome of asshole

He was a good guy

Think about the time period that occurred in. While in hindsight that sort of procedure is awful it wasn't too uncommon for people deemed insane.

I'm just tired of female character sympathy stories around every corner, it pisses me off how on the nose and sexist he was (even for his time) and how they even referred to it

He literally lobotomized her because he couldn't deal with his wife mourning their dead son. Even then that would be considered a dick move.

The lobotomy was fucking normal back them.

>Even then that would be considered a dick move
No because the lobotomy was the equivalent of antidepressants.

You'd think committing genocide would be enough

You clearly didn't pay attention. She was hysterical. She was causing harm to herself and people around her. She appeared to be having a mental breakdown and back then (I'm gonna guess the 30's or so) they did that sort of thing all the time. Mental health is a fairly new study of health.

>fag siding with the woman that almost killed her daughter

The actual show is just Avatar fanfiction

>But i'm not going to grow up

Whoops wrong board.

Obviously nobody should be getting labotomies.

But you're not innocent victim when you give your 6 year old daughter the car keys to kill yourself.

Then why did you post it fuckface

To be fair, the head of a patriarchal military dictatorship probably would be homophobic.

To be fair, he wasn't the root of all evil.

That guy playing the music who Brad notices is literally the one behind everything. Brad's dad personally fucked up his children's lives but they wouldn't be in the post apocalypse scene if it wasn't for that fucking musician.

It semed to me like he didn't consider his home life to be his 'real' life.

Yep. It's the plot of The Velveteen Rabbit too.