What's the general Sup Forums opinion on the Scooby Doo franchise? Which version is best? Which version is worst?

What's the general Sup Forums opinion on the Scooby Doo franchise? Which version is best? Which version is worst?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NWkVgHzr6tA
youtube.com/watch?v=x3UAYG7U3CI
youtube.com/watch?v=okYz_sThBiE
youtube.com/watch?v=9oY__R59b9M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

mystery inc's the best
be cool sucks shit

1988, 2006 and 2015 can fuck right the hell off.

Fuck you, A pup named scooby was great.

fpbp

I legitimately did not even know that Get a Clue existed until now

Mystery Inc is the best. 13 Ghosts was pretty good, where's that on the chart?

The alien movie was 1998-05 right?

>Sup Forums opinion
>not Sup Forumsnsensus
ONE JOB

69-71, 02-05 Freddy best Freddy
02-05 Shaggy is bro-est
69-71, 98-05 cutest Velma
72-73, 06--08 sexiest Daphne
10-13 best Scooby

and 88-91 honorary best group and plots

Yes. The image is missing the entire Red Shirt era, though.

Mystery Inc is the best; 13 Ghosts is the worst but quite a few people have Farnsworth-thick nostalgia glasses for it because of Vincent Price.

youtube.com/watch?v=NWkVgHzr6tA

What's your favorite red shirt movie, user?

Not that user but the one with the ghost brothers

I like the atmosphere of the first one Also got to talk to someone who animated/colored on that show.

1972-2005 for me is so tinted by nostalgia goggles that I can't really give an unbaised answer on their quality.

As much as people keep saying Mystery Inc is the best I really didn't like what they did to some of the characters and the romance bs so it really brings it down for me. Plot is interesting and by god there are some dark moments but when a lot of it is bogged down by bitchy and somewhat unlikable characters and drama it's just a slog to go through, especially when a lot of that drama was totally pointless in the end.

I mean imagine what they could have done in the amount of time they devoted to the Shaggy/Velma and Daphne/Fred clusterfuck if they just didn't have those 'arcs' in the first place.

Best: The direct to video movies (not that live action shit). All of the movies are fucking awesome, and I can't pick just one. Mystery Inc is a very close second.

Worst: The original show. It was formulaic and dull, and kept trying to be a mystery show long after everyone above the age of 6 started to figure out the villain as soon as they were introduced.

Be Cool has a shit art style but it's legit hilarious

Mystery Inc is fun to watch and has some legitimately great running gags and lines, especially where it concerns Fred and his trap obsession.

Be Cool has the best writing though and its completely episodic so you can jump in at any point (same as any show that isn't Mystery Inc really) and there isn't any nonsense ongoing romantic drama.

The original fucking sucks and I hated whenever it came on when I was a kid. That was the signal that it was time to go play outside.

why did they bring back scrappy in 13 ghosts if they knew people hated him?

They didn't. He was in the last few prior Scooby shows before that, as well as in the few Scooby DTV movies with redshirt Shaggy.

Red shirt Shaggy is best Shaggy

Somebody post a list of all the red shirt/red shirt-sequel movies

First series, New Scooby Doo Movies and Mystery Inc.

Mystery Inc is best. Get a Clue is worst. Any differing post is shitposting

Mystery Inc
Shaggy and Scooby Get a Clue

Where does Ghoul School fit into the meticulously curated canon of the Scooby Doo extended universe?

Be Cool has retarded writing. Also Mystery Inc.'s romance was one of the best parts of the show.

Scooby Doo has too many universes. They need to do a Crisis on Infinite Coolsvilles kind of thing. They need to have Scrappy Doo punch a hole in reality.

what did they mean by this

Mystery Inc. played like the Deviantart OC of Scooby Doo.

Sure, but SD has such a weird premise overall that it actually adds to the charm, unlike for most shows.

This. Mystery Inc was the peak of the franchise which will likely never be reached again.

What about that one the 13 ghosts of Scooby Doo or whatver it was called?

I really can't force myself to hate Scooby Doo Where Are You, maybe it actually is nostalgia talking but the episodes were simple and entertaining. Same with Be Cool Scooby Doo, I think it reaches a good balance with its comedy and how the gang's personalities clash with each other, from Velma's obsession with numbers to Daphne's unexpected randomness.

Best year was 1998 because of Zombie Island alone, definitely the best Scooby Doo movie ever, it has beautiful animation, a terrifying plot with actual mass murder involved and watching the gang all grown up and doing their own things at the beginning was a breath of fresh air. And then just very close is Mystery Inc for reasons we all know.

Guys, movies don't count, they're way too short.

>98-05 Freddy
He doesn't look right with regular eyes

I keep meaning to make a full timeline of all of their various designs and never getting around to it.

never really liked the franchise as a kid.

I'll say though, that mystery inc. was great, and be cool Scooby doo was good. I guarantee it wouldn't get as much hate if it didn't have that ugly ass art style. it may not have even been canned so early either.

Why does this series keep getting rebooted?

Its the American equlivant to Lupin

>Why does this popular franchise that lots of kids and adults like keep getting rebooted?

It's profitable. Scooby Doo is one of the most recognizable names in cartoons. Also it would be a waste for cartoon network to let such a popular property just sit in their library

Is it because CN or WB though?

>Also it would be a waste for cartoon network to let such a popular property just sit in their library

Which is why they shoved Be Cool so fast to Boomerang?

>06-08 sexiest daphne

>the best writing though
That is directing, son.

The shitty made my waifu fuckin ugly
Fuck you Be Cool Scooby-doo

>wouldn't still love his waifu despite a change in art style
Faithless

I liked What's New the most because that is the one I watched when I was a kid. I don't like Mystery Inc I think it is stupid, but def not the worst.

A pup named Scooby Doo was the best

Nigga she's not even the same anymore she's basically Sheldon from the big bang theory but a girl

It was always excruciatingly boring.

You are now hearing "Bazinga" in Velma's voice

98=10>69>02>88>72>>>>

"A Pup Named Scooby Doo" was from 98-91? That can't be right. I remember that show as a kid, and I was only born in 96.

I don't remember much from "What's New" other than that kickass theme song.

>What are reruns?

You're stupid, you nostalgiafaggot.

>Show ends in 91.
>Play reruns for another 10-15 years.

That's when I was about 5-10. Was there just nothing else to air back then or was that show just that popular.

Nah man, Mystery Inc was pretty dumb but it was dumb in a very entertaining way

How the fuck was it dumb? Did you even watch the whole show you fag?

Should have died decades ago.

Worst is 13 Ghosts.

Best is Mystery Inc, followed by Zombie Island.

Yes and it included an evil talking parrot mastermind

It was dumb dude. But fun to watch.

>"A Pup Named Scooby Doo" was from 98-91?

>98-91

BOY I'M SURE GLAD I'M OUT HERE AND NOT IN THERE WITH THE TIME WARP

Your years don't decrease with time?
Oh God. Something's the matter!

MATTER IS NOT AN ISSUE WHERE YOU'RE GOING

OR SHOULD I SAY, WHEN YOU'RE GOING

Oh god you bastard what have you done!? NOOOOOOOOO! I cant stop imaging her saying that you fucking ass fuck you user you dun fucked up my waifu!

Wrong.

1. Zombie Island
2. Witch's Ghost
3. Be Cool, Scooby Doo!
4. Live Action Movie
The rest.

Be Cool, Scooby Doo is amazing.
I really really wish the producers (and naysayers who refuse to watch it just because of the artstyle) would recognize it for how great it is so it can be renewed it for a third season.

youtube.com/watch?v=x3UAYG7U3CI
youtube.com/watch?v=okYz_sThBiE

Why do all of them except for the first one make me uncomfortable?

Look man Daphne is clearly on the spectrum of autism okay seriously who wants to watch a show where one of the characters is a autistic mess
user Get a Clue

>who wants to watch a show where one of the characters is a autistic mess

Well, Gumball seems pretty popular, and half the characters in that are somewhere on the spectrum.

I hated Scooby Doo Movies, there I said it

Be cool looks like something Seth Mcfarlane would make

so I'll pass

It's actually written really well.

>what the fuck is a scooby

You're right, it looks terrible. But it's actually pretty decent. I don't blame you for not wanting to give it a chance, but I strongly encourage you to do so anyway.

>Mystery Inc best romance

It's unfair to put mystery inc in the running because it's so alien to the rest.
Also bcsd looks like shit but it's great.

Shitters pls go back to bed. Be Cool was a legit fun show

Not that I had any objection to the Shaggy/Daphne pairing, but the way it's portrayed in Mystery Inc. is just so creepy.
Reminder that this happened:
youtube.com/watch?v=9oY__R59b9M

Be cool is the only good scooby doo show, only the drawings suck, it's a lot funny

Be Cool's version is much better. Not even a Shaggy/Daphne fan.

>What's the general Sup Forums opinion on the Scooby Doo franchise?

Well, based on the OP image, it certainly paints a clear picture on animation trends.

Scooby Doo Where are You? Is the only correct version. This is law. I have spoken!

Mystery Inc had awful monsters of the week and that should make it the worst Scooby Show

"You dumped your girlfriend for a dog?" said x100

Am I the only one who believes the 2000-2006s were the best half decade of the entire history of everything? before boston bombings attacked? before the economy crisis? before tumblr, before everything went to shit?

Scooby Doo represents everything that is wrong with cartoons. Bad animation, a boring concept and Hanna fucking Barbera. I literally couldn't watch a single episode of this shitfest, seriously, how can people actually manage to enjoy this show? Do you guys really that good at pretending?

You're one to talk, eh Mabel?

No, I mostly agree with you, but I would put the dividing line in mid-2005. Late 2005 and 2006 just weren't as great as you seem to remember.

In terms of cartoons, Western animation died after Avatar came out in early 2005.

>Reused dancing animation for five minutes per episode
>Great

I get the impression you don't know much about things that happen around you are know a little bit of recent news but have no idea what kind of shit was going on during that decade because you were too young to care.

This. The chart is missing a shitload of ABC era seasons. This is where Scrappy was introduced, so i guess i understand why.

Also missing the redshort Shaggy era in the late 80's with movies like Ghoul School and Reluctant Werewolf.

Who in the fucking hell looked at 06-08 and greenlit that shit? It's fucking vomit-inducing, and 2015 is right on its heels.

Reminder that Twin Peaks stole Mystery Inc's ending.

I think he was supposed to be a pseudo-parody of Dr. Strangelove, with a bunch of other generic megalomaniacs in the mix.

The best Scooby Doo installments were the Studio Mook Theatrical Duology (Zombie Island and Witches Ghost) by far.

The original series is my favorite because of the atmosphere and monster designs, cel animation cannot be matched aesthetically.

Almost everything since has been a watered down verson of Where Are You, aside from A Pup which is a lot of fun in a Mighty Mouse The New Adventures kind of way and Mystery Incorporated which is a great modern reimagining with story arcs and more complex characters.

The 2002 film is a hilarious parody and the DTV films recently are awesomely ridiculous.