How the hell does reproduction work in their world?

They dedicated an entire episode to the school spreading a false rumor that Arthur and Francine were in love. Wouldn't arthur have to marry another aardvark, despite his family being the only ones in town? Has there ever been a depiction of an interspecies marriage on Athur?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XVWHzwuJZN0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Maybe mixed species have to adopt but can still fug

They have animal face but human reproductive parts if my memory serves me correctly

Molly's mom is a dog.

so she's adopted?

lol.. How on earth can you confirm this as canon?

Stepmom

Furthermore Francine's family is very jewish and Arthur's is confirmed at least nominally Christian.

>lol.. How on earth can you confirm this as canon?
arthur sex-ed tapes if those are canon

>Arthur Sex Education tapes
Why did you have to remind me those exists

Dear Lord, user are you telling me that is a thing..?

Emily's parents

>That chin and mouth

Are you suggesting that she is a mulatto rabbit-monkey hybrid? A chupacabra of sorts?

>bitch

C&E christians are scum.

>arthur sex-ed tapes
no way

Just because we don't see them attending church regularly doesn't necessarily mean they don't, but I agree with you it's strange they only say anything about they're faith during holidays.

*their faith

i thought about this, i think they just can since they are essentially furries. however, as pointed out here I think with new characters they started to show mixed breed familys to reflect mixed race families in real life, before that, the characters would have parents that were the same animal as them.

I always assume one of two options with humanoid animals, depending on the setting: I figure that the offspring just takes after a random one of the two parents (e.g. Gumball), or the offspring always most resembles the mother, but carries certain traits of the father. Sort of like the Asari in Mass Effect. Unless otherwise stated those are my go-to assumptions on the issue.

youtu.be/XVWHzwuJZN0

But the show already has mixed race families within a same species. Doesn't that kind of confuse the message?

They can't all be arthur's big hit i guess

Sounds more like a chimera than a chupacabra.

Oh boy.

>if my memory serves me correctly
wat

To equate interacial marriage with interspecies marriage? What exactly are they suggesting?

Fern has a dad? Also, not really, thought i thought it odd as a kid that francine and muffy were different colors but also both orangutans because orangutans are only one color. I figured it was a race thing but then, why have different animals too? yeah i guess you're right.

Fucking monkeys, always taking away our white rabbits.

It might provide a canon explanation how Arthur is still considered an aardvark but he lost the trunk in a redesign,

lol, think im gonna watch arthur makes waves right now.

Why are arthur threads the greatest?

Because comfy Sup Forums media deserves comfy threads.

If i remember correctly, the guy who made 'there she is' said that one of the delinquent rabbits father is actually a lion.

> Pal is a dog
> Not walking and talking like everyone

Only thing I hate in Cartoons like this. Famoly guy did it right

and watching it, i ran into another example, this appears to be molly and james' mom. molly and james are both rabbits but their mom is a....different animal.

forgot pic

One species is randomly born if they couple is mixed.

What is, "The Amazing World of Gumball"

>Canadian zoology

Bojack Horseman did it better.

BLACKED

>that episode where arthur cucked a bully

>All the skulls look fairly similar to each other, differences in soft tissue aside
>Then, there is the australoid
Literally a fucking ape skull, dang.

>humans are apes
>other apes aren't walking and talking along with them!
Only thing I hate about reality like this. Tarzan did it right.

I prefer there to be a distinction between humanoid animals and normal animals. I always see people complain about it, but I've never had trouble reconciling the idea that there are dog-like people and there are also dogs.

It seems like a lot of folks clamor for the way Bojack Horseman did it, where there are no normal animals at all and everything is anthropomorphic, but while I accept it for that setting, I think the idea in general is clunky and unnecessary. Take the way BH explains consumption animals vs. friend animals. It was funny there, but if I imagine implementing that into every other setting and it gets real dumb real quick. Barring that being the joke, at that point settings should just avoid anthropomorphic animals altogether.

family guy had ONE dog who can talk (sometimes one or two others) but nobody in the world treated it as strange, and continued alternately treating him like a normal person or a dog, never anything in between. that isn't doing it right

The same bully that tried to make Buster eat the bug.

The babies will be either the species of the mom or the dad.

Makes sense to me. Must be weird visiting your dad's side of the family and you're the only rabbit surrounded by all your lion uncles and cousins. No wonder he overcompensates.

They work like Pokemon, where they can breed but the offspring is the species of the mother

They also had a dog get pregnant by a human and have a litter of dogs with human heads. That's like some mythical monster level shit right there.

In season 5 they showed what Buster's siblings would've looked like if his mom hooked up with Mr. Ratburn.

I was actually talking about the multi-universe episode.

When dogs we're the humans and the humans the animals but Brian was human this time.

So Arthur goes full hybrid chimera with half breeds. I have to give them points for that. Sounds like it would become difficult to keep track of recognizable and existing species when you inevitably have a half-monkey half-rat mother and a half-rabbit quarter-dog/quarter-cat father, and so on and so forth. The combinations are many.

It further makes me wonder if being a pure breed is rare and whether it's desirable or stigmatized.

you dont know how WILD things are in the anthropomorphic world, boy...

Is it time, brothers?

Wait they were real? I thought it was just one of those drug induced pseudo-memories from my childhood

Arthur characters are pretty much like Maus chracters: human enough.

f-f-for w-what?

>arthur sex-ed tapes
you have to prove these exist

Yes?

> Capoid
You can just say "Trevor Noah," guys

Goofy and Pluto flipped a coin to determine who could talk and who could lick their balls.
Goofy lost

for best girl

But he's half German Swiss and half Xhosa.

the same way it works in bojack horseman

so, two kinds of chocolate

That's strange, you seem to have posted the wrong image there buddy.

THEIR world?

Nigga, I've been wondering how in the holy fuck reproduction works in Gumball's universe. Fucking living foods such as Donuts and Bananas reproduce and shit. Talking monkeys and dinosaurs exist. There's no feasible way for reproduction to be any way similar to how it is on our earth.

Hell, maybe it's just an earth populated by creatures that got personified by humans and promptly destroyed all the humans.

10/10

Humans still exist in Gumball, and not only that, several characters referred to themselves as humanity.

I assume it works much like it does in Centaur no Nayami wherein a child born to to an interracial couple will develop into one of the parent's species at random. That's not exactly how it works as that world has rare hybrids and some children can take the form of a grandparent or even further back, but the general idea is that the child will inherit their species from one of their parents.

For example these girls are sisters born to an angel and a cat. The youngest is a hybrid.

One Piece also has an interesting system when it comes to Fishman and Merfolk. I don't remember exactly how it went, but basically all fishpeople have in common a very diverse genetic line that traces back many generations. So offspring will randomly take after any of a large number of potential genes from parents, grandparents, great grandparents and so on. This means that two goldfish mermaids can give birth to anything from an electric eel mermaid to a jellyfish fishman to a little talking starfish. Arlong's sister is a mako shark mermaid, his parents could be any type of fishman or mermaid.

I thought it was neat how it was explained. Maybe I'll drag myself through Fishman Island arc again and refresh my memory some time.

From what I can tell on Gumball, the Humans (most if not all of them) willingly segregate themselves from the rest of the "beings" in Gumball's world.

There's an episode where they specifically go to an all-human (junior?) highschool and it's basically, like, a gated community kind of deal.