I'm going to marry Judge Dredd!

I'm going to marry Judge Dredd!

I didn't know the Mega-City One Book of Law could think, nevermind use a keyboard.

>Giant robots are illegal
LOCK ME UP

Good luck, Bella.

When were comics established as illegial? I haven't read a whole lot of dred.

How many years could you get for trying to tap a Judge again?

>Trying to ruin comics most pure man

60 years in the cube creep

are you the Law?

I remember the Wagner/Gibson (?) strip when that woman fell head-over-heels in love with Dredd...did not end well (for her).

Obviously not they want to marry the law.

Try it, creep.

Comics are too entertaining so they cause kids to get hooked and throw all their money away.

Hershey gave someone in a nudist colony five years for even suggesting she take her clothes off. I don't wanna think about what it would be for anything physical.

>>Giant robots are illegal
LIES

You know the Law.

Alright, now that I'm home, why don't we all read the story of what actually happened to the woman who wanted to marry Joe Dredd?
Spoiler alert: it won't end well.

Minimum six months for Unlawful Carnal Contact with a Federal Judge. Probably goes all the way up to Life for non-consensual or forceful action.

And now, the sequel...

Have there been any more releases for Lawless? I haven't seen a storytime for an update in like 4 months.

That's cold, Joe. Damn cold.

The first TPB recently came out and the newest series is launching soon, I think before the year is done. Folks just can't get enough Lawson. Or Pettifer.

Nice, storytime!
Thanks, Judge.

On the one hand I'm impressed the law is so responsive in Dredd.
On the other I'm surprised the law is so easily available for contact in Dredd.

I guess it's since he just happens to be free, but figured he'd dismiss a call while on patrol unless it was urgent.

My pleasure!

That seems excessive.
I mean sure it's a judge but still.

Alright Sup Forums, time for one of the most evergreen, memorable, iconic Dredd panels of all times. Coming at you in 3... 2... 1...

I was not aware dreed got a film. Is it any good?

BAPPP!

>What the hell
>hell
I thought they couldn't use 20th century cuss words?

5 years for suggestion that was not even that sexual in intent
6 months for contact

Something does not add up here

And now, the heart-rending finale!

They used to be a *lot* more responsive in the early days of Dredd. Like, you could actually put in a call straight up to him. But recently, especially with the constant apocalyptic events, Justice Dept. forces tend to be stretched to their limit. That, or it was a slow crime day.

I'll post that story after this one and you can judge for yourself!

It's fantastic.

Yes, but the Devil actually exists (and Dredd kicked his ass and then threw it in a cube) so I guess Hell exists too.

could dredd beat nemesis?

>Folks just can't get enough Lawson. Or Pettifer.
Mostly Pettifer.
THICCCC

Well... that's dedication.

Probably not, but Anderson may have a better shot.

>I want to go on the slide

Oooh, getting saucy.

>"Oh dear."
>Says Deputy Marshall PeTHICCfer.

Dredd will give the minimum sentence when he's feeling nice, and Hershey wasn't feeling very nice, I would assume.

>the lady who wants to go down the slide
god damn it, it's the little things

Well shit I wonder how many progs I've missed thus far. The last I read, Lawson had just relinked with the town after hanging out with the ex-soldier in the desert, and now they're stopping all of the saboteurs trying to poison shit; also the husband of the black woman that looks after the horses just got murdered

That's not PG!

Hershey is a prude.

>Rico
oh dear

And that's the end of that affair.

I think you're actually all caught up.

>Dredd tit tattoo
Please tell me somewhere in Britain some super-dedicated 2000AD fangirl has one of these.

Or just tell me that there are super-dedicated 2000AD fangirls. I ain't picky.

And now, let's join Judge Hershey on patrol!

I've seen at least two women dunked in blue bodypaint to cosplay Venus Bluegenes. So I'm gonna say Aye.

>That's the second time I've been attacked since I moved in.
Is Rico just in the same block or did he take Dredd's old room? Of course he's gonna be attacked if it's the latter!

He took Dredd's old room. He was attacked literally the same night he moved. So... yeah.

Awwww yeah!

>I think you're actually all caught up.
Dang, really? That's a bummer. It feels like forever since the last update.

*HELMETED Judge Hershey on patrol, you mean. Feast your eyes, folks, this happens about as often as that solar eclipse that there was such a big hubbub about, and it's 76% less likely to scar your retinas into awful, eternal blindness!

>I've seen at least two women dunked in blue bodypaint to cosplay Venus Bluegenes.
Fuckin' Britbongs, why do they have all the fun? Over here everyone would think you're a Smurf. Or poorly cosplaying Avatar.

I'm actually on a pretty big Hershey kick right now, thanks to getting two of the absolute best 2000AD artists to draw her for me, and getting a bunch of pics from cool drawfriends for my birthday.

>HELMET
You just had to mention it.

>And now we know why she doesn't like wearing a helmet

But yeah, you can count the number of times Hershey has been seen with her helmet on with the fingers on your hands. Which is a shame, because her hair peeking out from the sides is hot enough to nuke East-Meg One again.

>tfw you will never be as happily dedicated as Judge user is to Hershey
>tfw you will never have friends who read 2000AD, nevermind ones who draw things for you, or go to cons with you to see artists
a-at least Sup Forums is my friend, right?

GOD
DAMN IT

Not that Hershey wasn't always a babe but uh... now I get it.

>Organ harvest an organ harvester
Revenge? Best served cold.
Justice? Sushi raw.

Once again hippies have to ruin something

>tfw you will never have friends who read 2000AD
Honestly, after a while, I realized it's better to just shoot for making new fans. You just hang around regular fans, wait for them to whine about the state of modern mainstream comics, and smack them upside the head with a Case File. Volume four is a pretty thick one.

Exhibit B!

Congratulations, OP, don't get arrested!

does anybody know anything about the Pat Mills / Kevin O'Neill series Marshal Law?
it looks like more fun 2000AD bullshit with no filter

Man, I love Hershey

Oh great, his fervor is affecting you, too. Soon enough there'll be a Cult of Hershey with him as the leader and we'll all have to have big gay orgies or somethin'. Guess I better practice my chanting. Ia! Ia!

I wouldn't say babe, though. Out of the main named female Judges she's definitely the one that gets the short end of the stick appearance-wise, both in terms of visual appearance (like - what the hell is going on with that makeup?) and in terms of total appearances (Anderson is everywhere, DeMarco got her own spinoff, Hershey has been relegated to 'wall Dredd sometimes talks to when he wants a thing done').

Appearance wise at least, she's not even typically pretty like Anderson- there's That One Panel that I'm sure JA has about thirty copies of saved to his hard drive in various places so he can look at it no matter what he's doing- but there's somethin' about her, yeah. Black hair and bob cuts are good. Black lipstick is better. Black lipstick being the only thing visible on a sharp face covered by an identity-concealing helmet, attached to a body that usually manages to straddle the very fine line of 'I want to put my face in every single curve I can find' and 'can fucking snap you in half without breaking a sweat,' and hoo boy we're in for a wild ride.

My friends don't even read any comics, though. The few I have are fuckin' weebs.

Also: WHEN'S DEADWORLD COMING BACK, YOU HACK FRAUDS

It's fucking fantastic. Mind you, it's balls-out insane and not for anyone who thinks Garth Ennis is too hard on superheroes. But it has some of O'Neill's absolute finest art, goes to a bunch of incredibly mad places, and overall it's a very cathartic series. Good goddamn shit.

There was a bonus story where a tranny falls in love with Joe and he ends up getting bootcamp and later electroshock therapy with a Joe hologram that asks him to say he loves him just so he'll get more shocks. It was sort of cute.

>Soon enough there'll be a Cult of Hershey
Considering she came back from exile to lead the city in its time of need, and that one time she rescued literally all the children of Mega-City One, I'm sure there has to be at least one underground Church of Holy Hershey out there. And like five hundred Churches of Anderson after that Satan business.
Also, that physical description is exactly why I love Critchlow's Hershey.
Also also, Kek-W and Kendall were chatting about new Deadworld on twitter. Apparently, shit's gonna escalate a LOT next year.

Isn't she lovely?

is there anything for it equivalent to the JD Case Files or the Complete Nemesis? i've been getting hype about 2000 AD again recently

>tfw no Dredd sequel with Hershey

Yup. DC put out a Complete Marshall Law book a couple of years back. It collects everything save for a couple of crossovers.

fucking wonderful, i'll be on that soon

speaking of crossovers, while reading up on the series i found out about the hellraiser crossover
is this scene supposed to be a parody of "GAZE INTO THE FIST OF DREDD?"

My only consolation is that Dreddverse Hershey is apparently an unstoppable badass who gets thrown at riots like an anvil falling from the skies.

Shall we?

Marshal Law is great, some ( Morrison) might call it mean spirited.

>Urb Karlan
Talkin' 'bout movies...

Could be, could be. Law is written by Mills, but he was well gone from the strip by the time Judge Death Lives happens. That said, it is a very Dredd-like moment.

Mills' savage hateboner for superheroes makes Garth Ennis look like Geoff Johns.

>can handle a riot all by herself
Damn

I know they probably meant it as her leading an anti-riot squad or something, but I'm just endlessly amused by the mental image of her rolling into a riot on her lawmaster, just braining dudes left and right like Akira. And by amused I mean aroused.

Like, Dredd comes back to central after Peach Trees, sits down to take a breather, and in walks Hershey with her uniform all messed up, helmet banged in half a dozen places, daystick slick with blood and she just sits right next to Dredd, takes off her helmet and turns to look at him.
>"... Riot control. You?"
>"Drug bust."
>"Perps were uncooperative?"
>"Rog."

In terms of 'Can X beat Y' things, is it ever really fair to just include Dredd? Most of the time, you screw with him and if he somehow can't handle it you're looking at the entire MC1 Justice Department which, even with severely decreased manpower and equipment after city/global shitstorms, is still a pretty damn powerful force. This is the same Justice Dept. that keeps shards of all known exploded planets just in case a Superman expy shows up.

Hell, I'm pretty sure Boing! The Miracle Plasticâ„¢ alone can defeat most capeshit, if it can hold an extradimensional murderghost or four.

All Hersheys are good, 'cept maybe the one earlier in this thread, but (think I've said it before) my fave's gotta be Colin Wilson's version. Might not be as visibly rugged or aged as some other artists' (which is arguably fine given the age of a specific strip, i.e. compared to the newest stuff) but there's something just right about those constant take-no-shit eyes that's my jam, and the way he gives her those almost gaunt cheek lines without making her look too manly or skeleton-esque.

>And like five hundred Churches of Anderson after that Satan business.
DOWN WITH THE HERETICS AND THEIR BLONDE BIMBO IDOL OF FALSE WORSHIP
PRAISE BE OUR LADY OF JUSTICE, SHE OF MIDNIGHT HAIR AND ROCKIN' BOD

Maybe we'll see her in the upcoming TV show

Shite, hit submit too early.

>Also also, Kek-W and Kendall were chatting about new Deadworld on twitter. Apparently, shit's gonna escalate a LOT
yesss
>next year.
NUHHHHHH

All the Urb Karlan and Karl Urban Development Projects will never not make me laugh.

Colin's is fantastic, yeah. She makes her look naturally tough but also gives her a ton of expression. Even when she's looking wistful she still looks hard-bitten.
Also, YOUR SAINT IS A DEPRAVED SLUT WHO PARTS HER THIGHS FOR ANYONE WIHT A RUSSIAN ACCENT
ALL HAIL OUR VIRGIN WARRIOR CHIEF, UNBLEMISHED BY SIN

He has two.

I want that so much. And I still want Apollonia Vanova for the role.