Fixing Marvel

how do we do it?
pic related

First off, that pic is retarded. Secondly, you'd be better off picking a single character to focus on, otherwise you'll get a bunch of vague generalities. At the very least, Secret Empire is looking like one of those things that writers outside of Cap books aren't going to address any more than required.

Hire a good and well staffed editorial

Change the model to artist teams instead of rotating artists on books. Single writers for longer spans of time.

Flat 2.99 pricetag on all floppies.

Self contained books, self contained events.

They already fixed it.

>Change the model to artist teams instead of rotating artists on books. Single writers for longer spans of time.
That would only work if you got rid of the shitters. Otherwise nothing changes other than there now having consistently poorly drawn books or consistently porky written books
>Flat 2.99 pricetag on all floppies.
Never going to happen.

>Single writers for longer spans of time.
Slott pls

>Thing Jr.
I lost

Superstar artists.

Reminder that Shang-Chi has a sister and Hulk has at least two different versions that would be capable of running a hotel.

Because that worked so well for the 90s.

Hire editors and let them do their jobs, put a total freeze on new events, fire Bendis, Slott and Spencer, stop pushing the Inhumans that nobody likes and retcon Kamala into not being one, and get rid of the O5 X-Men.

Fire the women and numales. They're toxic for sales figures.

If you need feminine quality in your writing, hire based gay men.

Yo wtf. I thought only DC was into self parody

You know jokes aside that shirt Thing Jr is wearing is fucking baller. I would pay real person money for that

Get rid of anything interesting or different from the movies. I want more uninspired, inconsequential stories. If I'm gonna be spending $3.99 a month, it better be as bland and inoffensive as possible.

You know, that really would be a fun shirt.
Too bad we're never getting any Fantastic Four merch ever again.

Marvel does a self-parody one-shot once a year after whatever the most recent summer event comic was. The upcoming one is Not Brand Echh #14. I'm not sure if they did one this past year after CWII, but they did Secret Wars Too after Secret Wars, Shame Itself after Fear Itself, and a number of others.

This, more than anything else. Marvel's lack of editorial is what's really hurting, because there's no oversight and no direction.

Having single writer/artist teams for a long span has worked out really well in the past for both of the Big Two. The key is to get a team that works well together with a strong editor to keep everything going.

Problem is that Marvel is very short term orientated. They won't even let a book last long enough for a team to get into a groove (unless the book gets them some tumblr cred, like America) and Ike see editors as a complete waste of money.

Any place where I can find the recs for the best parodies?

Fire everyone.

You don't, you let it die so it can be rebooted.

Get Jim Shooter back

Sup Forums is incapable of fixing anything, and undoubtedly has shittier ideas than anyone working at Marvel. Just let the shit go and move onto something better

Sell it to DC/WB

Fire all the sjws. Tell guards to shoot them if they are close to the building.
Moore, Gaiman, Morrison. THis is your home. Feel free to come and write wonderful stories with our characters. Do whatever you want with them. Oh, and could you solve the OMD mess, please?
Real continuity. Characters will grow old and die. And they won't appear in more than 2 series.
No more decompressed narrative.
No more Ultimate universe.
90s characters: kill them off. Fuck Cable, Deadpool and all that shit.
Punisher out of 616 universe.
Give Moon Knight a decent writer, for Jack's sake.
Fuck crossovers and events.
Less splash pages. We are telling a story, you know.
No far right or far left messages in comics.
Aunt may dies forever.
Iron man: he fell into a puddle and got rust. Killed off or a B-list again.
Characters can smoke or take drugs if necessary or cool.

Fire Bendis
Retcon sins past and sitting in a tree
Kill miles morales, nadia pym, riri Williams, maybe make thanos kill them
Kill aunt may

You fix it the same way you would fix DC and the US comic book industry in general: By following the immortal words of the Wu-Tang Clan and diversifying your bonds, nigga.

We need more comics about virtually anything other than superhero bullshit. We need more comics from writers/artists of color. We need a broader range of places from which we can buy physical comics. We need both the expensive-as-hell color comics and cheaper black-and-white manga-style comics. We need single-story, single-franchise books and "Shōnen Jump"-style anthologies. We need the ongoing soap-opera style superhero bullshit and self-contained stories that have a defined beginning/middle/ending structure without the need for massive archive binges or continuity charts or what-th'fuck-ever.

DIVERSIFY YOUR BONDS, NIGGA.

I would legit pay for "Incredible Hulk's Incredible Hotel".

>No more Ultimate universe.
>90s characters: kill them off. Fuck Cable, Deadpool and all that shit.
You were with me until here. The Ultimate Universe has been dead for years, bra. And offing Deadpool's not gonna happen, he's a cash cow.
>Moore, Gaiman, Morrison. THis is your home. Feel free to come and write wonderful stories with our characters. Do whatever you want with them. Oh, and could you solve the OMD mess, please?
Fuck Moore, he's lost his shit.

Did Moore ever really have his shit collected in the first place?

No Thor should wear such a helm. She looks dishonest, almost villainous. Like she STILL has something to hide.

>We need more comics from writers/artists of color

No, we just need more good writers, regardless of their race.

Stop reading capeshit

Get a fucking plan in place. A bunch of storylines feel listless and just stumbling from generic brawl to generic dialogue. Build some proper storylines. Build characters.

Marvel has a major rogues gallery issue. So many bad guys are getting killed, turned into heroes or ruined. So create some more, espacially for your new heroes. They will never be successful without their own bad guys instead of cribbing other people's ones. And it might stop the endless hero vs hero if there are some strong bad guys.

Stop the pointless MCU Synergy. Starlord's former comic helmet for example is GOAT and I say this as someone who loved the movie. Anybody that gets confused over a different helmet is going to be more confused about the female Thor.

Editors

Build more heroes independent of other bullshit, including events. Ms Marvel was almost ruined by event tie ins.

Hiring a team of writers who all share the same ethnic background is a mistake, no matter the ethnicity. Diversifying that particular part of the industry would help produce comics from new viewpoints and perspectives beyond "a white man's opinion of the world". Same goes for gender/sex, sexual orientation, and intersectional combinations of those factors and ethnicity/race.

And before you say it: No, I am not for "forcing diversity". I approve of increasing diversity, but not through "quotas" or whatever. That said, the industry does have an issue on that front, and it needs to give more people of color a better shot at creating books that receive the kind of press reserved for events like "Secret Empire".

Drop all the SJW bullshit.
Kill America Chavez. And not in an honorable sacrifical heroic way. Have her her get taken out in a serious brutal fashion. Like something from the Boys but not as juvenile. In fact kill the Ultimates Team she's a part of too. Except T'Challa, I think we can still salvage him.

I think that's about it.

You really can't
All deaths, character development, and mantle shifting has been a joke since the 90s. Characters have been so hard to care for that there's no reason to pay attention due to all the inconsistencies
Characters can't really go anywhere.
I'd say they should start a new universe but they already fucked that up before

Assuming this isn't bait, Marvel's problem with perspective has everything to do with mindset/politics and nothing to do with race/ethnicity. They can get all the colours of the rainbow (and they do), but if they all think exactly the same (and they do at Marvel, or at least pretend to) then nothing will change.

>and it needs to give more people of color a better shot
Fuck that. It doesn't NEED to do anything, other than get people capable of producing quality work, regardless of sex, colour, whatever.

>Characters can't really go anywhere.

Funny thing is, criticisms along these lines can also apply to Nintendo, which keeps recycling the same exact basic premise for damn near every main game in their longest-running franchises - that is, Mario, Zelda, and Metroid.

No more recycling. We need original shit.

I did not limit my criticism to Marvel. Thinking about how to "save" one company is pointless if the industry surrounding that company remains virtually unchanged. To save Marvel, the broader US comic book industry needs to change.

We have this thread nearly every single day, why exactly do you think this one will offer anything the last hundred didn't?

Those are video games. The skeleton is always the same, but body is different enough and games are made far apart enough for people yo be okay with it
If we got a New Super Mario Bros game yearly then I'd image people would have gotten sick of them faster, but took until the 3DS version until people realized they were getting a rehash over and over again

But bwing part of a group you don't like is her theme.

Horrible, the only decent idea you had was stop pushing Iron Man so much

Stop with the fucking events already. Let books have their own story-lines unimpeded by other books and the larger universe. Make crossovers great again.

This. Events are a fucking cancer. Books should be relatively self-contained, so a writer can properly pace their stories without stupid interruptions and status quo changes outside of their control.

>Flat 2.99 pricetag on all floppies.
If you're that poor then you probably shouldn't be buying comics

>sell it to a far less profitable company
Lotta business majors here

They're all anthology one-shots that are like 90% garbage with 10% hilarious and genuine self-parody. Secret Wars Too had the "Hickman talks to Doom" story where Hickman had Doom call him out on his shit and tell him that he should just kill himself. Marvel NOW WHAT?! had the High Evolutionary taking the piss out of Marvel NOW.

I forget which one had the "What if Black Panther was white?" story. That one was pretty good. Another one had an "Event Comic Flowchart" that pointed out how formulaic Marvel's events are.

Not Brand Echh will probably suck, but it'll have Nick Spencer's last hurrah at Marvel in the same way that "Doom tells Hickman to kill himself" was for Hickman. I imagine we'll be getting Spencer taking the piss out of himself there.

Hire Jim Shooter for six months

Easy:
>Drop all the SJW shit into a new ultimates brand, yes Carol goes there too
>Disassembled never happen
>Fire half of the writers and editors
>No more politics in comics
>Only one event each 2 years
>No more heroes vs heroes
Done

it would be nice to have events that people could actually give a shit about again.

Just wipe the fucker clean with a reboot and start over.

Simple. Very hard retcon to the point before the All New series and Secret Wars where Earth 1610 got trashed.

Send Miles there along with 1610 Reed. Hell, actually retcon everything so hard that 1610 Peter is still around and Miles is his partner in crime-fighting (also do a crossover with 616 Spider-Man). That's just one of the few things I can think about.

id read a Thing Jr.

Thing Jr looks cool. Make it real SJW Marvel

Kick or kill or SJW.
Stop changing the main characters. Stick to a personality and let them have a continuity.
Let the writers play with the lesser characters if you think it is a point of swapping the characters around for creative reasons, but let the main stars be.

i'm not saying murder is the answer, but you know, a lot of people currently working at marvel comics would have to die to fix anything