Dumbing of age. Doa

Tonight's strip.

>Joe thinks this is a bad idea

Well now it really IS a bad idea if he thinks that.

She wants to break up two people who have a functional relationship because she ships the guy with her roommate on the basis that they're both black and is using Sarah's physical attraction to Jacob as an external justification while she herself has shown an attraction to Jacob on both physical and non-physical levels.

So im not too familiar with this board, these are like Sup Forums's LOL threads?

Like the comics are horrible but we all pretend to like them because they're so bad?

Stop reading Dumbing of Age

Joe is still the only character I like in this entire comic.

Most people are pretty open about their hatred for this comic. Some are just frustrated because they want to like it but know it's terrible.

The way this is being written if it doesn't end up with Joyce at least trying to kiss Jacob, then something weird is going on.

Girl is clearly splooshing for him.

Joyce is slowly becoming the worst character.

Delet dis.

Delet dis too.

If Willis could keep writing Jacob as a level-headed, liberal Christian who debates but doesn't argue or neg on Joyce's fundamentalism it'd be a pretty great relationship. Unfortunately I'm willing to put money down we're going to get at least two different story arcs about people being intolerant and racist towards them having an interracial relationship. And not like subtle, low-key racism that you might actually see in real life but full on "fire up the crosses" racism.

>So im not too familiar with this board, these are like Sup Forums's LOL threads?
>
>Like the comics are horrible but we all pretend to like them because they're so bad?
They're more like Sup Forums in the sense that we come here to hate it.

There are a few of us who liked the comic and previous works before it went off the deep end.

1. Joyce wants wooing tips, and Joe takes it as getting Sarah with Jacob.

2. Joe rated women on attractiveness. Joyce was talking about how Jacob and Sarah would possibly be good together.

3. I'm really not sure what Joyce is getting at here. Like, I understand false equivalency, but she's going around the bush a few times to get there.

Does Joe even know anything about that? I don't think he's been there for those conversations. I think he's secretly been a mind-reader all this time, if so.

Stop harassing us. We're having fun.

Not pretending. I love to hate this thing. It's a fun hobby. I want to like it. I started off liking it, and it descended into total unpleasantness. I like to give it crap and have the teensiest, tiniest hope that the author will get his act together. And I've got popcorn to eat while we watch him burn.

When did sincere discussion of this comic become a thing? I thought pretending to hate DoA was /doag/'s thing

Also, I just finished Shortpacked! The story was winding down really well, but I kinda felt like the ending was a little half-assed

Joyce is being defensive since she subconsciously knows he's absolutely right.

The reason a lot of us hate it is because there are legitimately interesting threads woven into characters that have something of a dimension and reality to them. Having something that could be actually good sidelined for preachy, shallow virtue signalling revenge fantasies is why it's easily hated.

Willis will definitely make Jacob lose his faith.

He will also make Jacob a sex addict again.

He will also make it seem like this is totally ok and some people are just more sexual than others and we should be accepting

It seems more like Joyce gets off to the idea of Sarah and Jacob being together. Maybe Joyce wants to schlick from behind cover while the other two are on a date.

>when women objectify men it's funny and basically fine

It's pretty obvious that Joyce is projecting another person's affection because she can't fully accept wanting the D. Since she can't or won't accept being a horny college girl she must ship.

Can't run with the sex addict plot because it could be construed as racist, especially if he goes with Joyce/Jacob.

It's a part of Willis writing Joyce as either an upbeat and optimistic though naive girl who has only just begun her journey into a secular world,
or as a cynical, weathered-down woman who has seen too much shit and doesn't firmly believe in anything much anymore.

Willis is starting to lean more towards the latter, I think.

But if Willis turns Joyce in to Sarah what will he do with Sarah?

He can still use Sarah when he's writing Joyce as the former.
But if he plans to get rid of Sarah, then I would assume he'd hook her up with Jacob and kill two blackbirds with one stone.

Yeah I don't see a problem with it. Raidah's a bitch who tormented Sarah for doing the right thing and helping somebody Raidah considers a "friend". The happy ending in this case would at least be realizing Raidah's a cunt and breaking up, even if it doesn't result in Sarah getting with him.

Sarah's plots are a lot closer to earth and a bit more relateable than Amber's Insane Adventures or the Terrible Tranny Tormentor

Well, so long as he drags Joyce into addiction with him, and her losing her virginity has the same effects on beds as in the Walkyverse, I'm fine with it.

I wouldn't say Raidah torments Sarah; Raidah doesn't really interact with Sarah at all except for a shitty comment everyone once in awhile. It should also be noted that Dana hid her issues from her friends and she doesn't agree with what Sarah did. Raidah might act like a bitch, but is perfectly justified given the context she's working with - including the friend in question straight up telling her that Sarah was in the wrong.

Even so, you'd think Willy's oversensitive fans would be triggered by Raidah's behavior.

And overall Raidah just seems an unpleasant individual. I can imagine her playing up her nicer side around Jacob.