Which is superior?

Which is superior?

American home because it's American

I like and live in an American some but from the 2 pictures you posted the American home looks way more comfy and would choose to live there over a European home but I honestly think its just preference.

What an awful example for an american home. Its almost all garage! Thats the perfect house for me, l'm a gearhead but not as an example of american ranch style houses.

Of those two -- I lean towards the European house

It the location that's the key factor though. Needs to be near amenities/shopping

american when its new, but european homes last much longer

I never see that kind of house on my country

Russian home of course

I like both buth the american one is my fav. Americans don't know how fortunate they are that it's still common to build 100% traditionalist houses in their country. Every house here is a modernistic mess.

>home on left: $1.2 mill
>home on right: $180k

that house obviously has an ass

who would choose a fucking terrace house over an actual house

>5. Americans love the sun.

PRAISE THE SUN

What are houses in Madre Patria like?

The European home is more like an apartment The American home is an actual house.

Ive been house shopping and it really sucks hoe costly european houses are here in old louisville.
They also kinda suck.

Theyve got that movie vibe to them. Since it seems every home scene has to be in a fucking townhouse.

I always liked ranch style houses because every room is simple. No cutaways or beams in the way to open rooms up to each other like 1st floor townhouses. Just dedicated drywall enboxing an area.

King of the Hill is a perfect example of a ranch style house on the tv.

>diss on european houses because theyre like apartments compared to american houses
>post worst girl who cant even afford anything more than an apartment
>literally works for a company that makes giant cyborgs in a celestial bomb shelter

>Americans love the sun
I didn't know people didn't like the sun. Wtf europe y u hate the sun

>worst girl

British.

>seele of approval
Hehehehe

That looks exactly like the dwelling the Mexicans live in up north.

>worst girl
Appearance-wise I'd say she was second only to Asuka but personality-wise I agree she was a bitch, would probably be a hardcore feminist today

I prefer the look of American houses. But they should stop making them out of cardboard.

looks Dutch

>those typos
>those flat out incorrect assertions

If you live in a city most common is that you buy a home in apartament block, not shitty like those of eastern europe. Living in the countryside is different you can afford a piece of clay and build a house by little bit high price of the block apartament.

House on the left is a lower middle class house and the Amerifat one looks lower class too.
>not having at least 2 floors in your house

I have a large ranch style home with bay windows and curves.

Just depends on what you want. I wanted a large house. I bought one.

With a small loan of how much?

>Having a house connected to other houses
>Not have property around your house

Ivan! is any kompot left? I wish to be having some spending time looking out window at depressing snowy concrete view.

European homes are made of strong materials

American houses are made of shitty wood

That's why they burn down so easily and blow away whenever a hurricane comes along

Murican houses are made of plywood and plastic. That's why you see clear foundations after tornadoes and floods, and that's why muricans spend a fuckload of money on heating.
European houses usually have log/metal/concrete/stone structure, and use wood sparingly.
European houses, no contest.

Essentially. Homes connected to other homes in my area are calling town homes and are a lot cheaper. It's just a bigger apartment you pay a mortgage on and will eventually own... except you have to pay upkeep fees.

I am bias though. I grew up in a home with a lot the size of 5 normal house lots and spent a lot of time at the family farm.

euro houses blow away just as often though
you just have better weather

t. researched this last time this shit thread popped up

>wood is shitty

It just means easier construction and remodeling costs and allows insurance claims to be feasible and easily rebuild a home in a span of a year or less.

Just because something is cheap doesn't mean it is shit.

They both look like shit.

Castle or bust for me lads.

Under normal weather our houses obviously last longer.

At least my apt block won't turn into splinters when tornado season begins.

I always wondered why we don't build homes out of steel frames and concrete. There are ways to get around any rust issue. At least steel roofs are becoming popular.

Wood and believe me you'll wish for wood when a tornado or earthquake is hitting you with brick.

>Castle or bust for me lads

Why would you need a castle?

there are houses in america that are as old as the nation. you can't say they don't last as long until more time has past

Same here, Castle or atleast a fortified position. The EU is for Faggots anyway

>build a home in a span of a year or less
If you take that long to build your tiny wooden shacks, you're shit.
2 Story brick villas take around 9 months to finish with a crew of 5.
Mason here.

>no garage
>no porch
>"some houses are even attached to neighboring houses"

>Tiny

The average American home is something like 4 or 5 times the size of an average European home.

>there are houses in america that are as old as the nation
Examples?

It's faster and less skill-intensive. Building companies in USA (and Russia, kek) hire low-skilled builders, while construction workers in Europe are educated in engineering and generally know what they are doing.

It also allows to fuck you harder in the ass by making homes vulnerable to termites and mold, so you'd shell out extra money every year on repairing your frame made out of 2x4s.
And it makes realty companies more money.

Guy, unless you live in an area damaged by the super outbreaks in 1974 and 2011 l honestly wouldnt worry about tornadoes.
Theyre covered under most homeowner insurance anyway.

Pretty sure modern brick houses wont collapse from a tornado. Maybe your roof will fly off but your walls wont collapse.

The houses you are referring to are european-style houses.

Depends on where you live. My old house had a garage but the front window protrudes so it serves as a sort of semi-semi-porch.

You have never been inside the average european home, have you?
Me neither, probably.
I can only speak for german homes. I took part in a couple hundred of those.
Theyre basically your wooden shacks but twice as high(Because only slav russian pieces of shit built 1story tiny houses) and made out of brick on the outside and Kalksandstein on the inside.

Im not sure l would trust those words Belgian.
250+ mph winds dont give a fuck. They will grab bricks from their mortar. I know. Ive done cleanup in henryville, indiana.

They're also made of cardboard and get blown away in a strong wind.

The American rancher style is the pinnacle of home styles.

Colonial """homes""" are utter shit.

>3 stories tall
>narrow as fuck
>25 tiny rooms that you can't do a goddamn thing in
>1000 flights of stairs just to go from 1 tiny room to the next
>having walls and hallway mazes literally everywhere
>1 main room with 2000 ft tall ceiling so it costs your whole paycheck each month to keep it heated

Absolutely abhorrent.

>Pretty sure modern brick houses wont collapse from a tornado.
but they literally do

>1 story

Maybe that is true in the south but up north here one story homes are for poor people. Nobody I know has 1 story.

American houses are made out of cardboard.

How do you know that?

That's why you use reinforced concrete and steel, tovarisch.

I remember seeing a windowless skyscraper in Manhattan, that's the style you want when you don't want your shit ruined by weather.

Kalksandstein. 10/10 building material.

This pretty much seals it.

Show two houses of comparable price and then we can have a conversation.

I love this guy

(((stein)))

>avatar fagging.

stories tall
Walking is good for you.

Because concrete doesn't turn into splinters by virtue of not being wooden, silly!

Tornadoes are only a problem near the coasts anyway.

Brick houses are better insulated. Keeps both the heat, cold and noise out.

Typical

>muh shopping
>need to buy muh new iphone 5.1
>what is amazon
>i love living on top of migrant families with 100 loud kids because theres a le epic coffee shop nearby

European homes unless you have a brick-foundation for the house on the right.

Most fucking modern American wood-houses only take like 4 minutes to burn down and collapse because it's become a popular practice to not use nails and screws anymore for bolting down the foundations arches, but use a sort of metal hinge that interconnects with another for support, that weakens easily when fires start. Older wooden houses only take 30 minutes for the foundations to burn down on average.

Yeah, my apt block might be shit, but it will withstand a nuclear blast.

Odds of getting hit by a tornado of that power is slim even in Tornado Alley. Id take that chance over the depressing views outside your apartment window.
To each his own though. I prefer my wood house surrounded by forest, mountains and a river in the backyard. Not having to deal with shitty neighbors with their annoying kids and pets is the absolute best.

>Attached homes
Fuck that shit.

American because there's no EU flag

Holy shit, we managed to impart commieblocks into your subconscious, too?
I have the need to build commieblocks in every game with construction elements.

>not building with steel and concrete

If your house isn't made from poured concrete you're a fucking cuck.

This nigga here is right

/thread

>depressing
Are you allergic to green?

I don't get it, is this a joke? Both of those are American styles, probably about thirty percent of residences in New Jersey look like the townhouse on the left. Why do you stupid fucking westerners have to assume the whole country is your ticky tack development housing?

fpbp

>European home
That's an apartment.

>Tornadoes are only a problem near the coasts anyway
?

Bad timing, goy.

I am son of an architect and I am in love with the traditional houses of Italy(I live in a villa in Tuscany) I love the traditional heavy bricks (i mean the real thing without hole and not the concrete shit) the Terra di Siena colour is amazing but here is the problem:

Price having a house in Italy is impossible.
My father paid 2,000E per square meter for our villa and we got a really great price.

meanwhile you can have the house on the right for 150,000 dollars and it is a good place to leave.

Done in MS-Paint in 1 minute

You understand how concrete walls work though right? Giving them a lateral load isn't a great idea.

Khuyta, Vanya.

this image pleases my autism

Gotta give the Americans this one. Their homes are superior.

>european
>uk flag

What is the sun?

>implying most Americans live in tornado alley

What is this meme? My house is made of wood, brick and concrete and is 45 years old and standing just fine

Also there are no tornadoes here...ever

>25 tiny rooms that you can't do a goddamn thing in
>having walls and hallway mazes literally everywhere

Open floor plan master race.

The living room, dining room and kitchen should all just be one big room. So people can actually exist as a family in the space. Having them all separated looks like garbage.

The sun is a wondrous body. Like a magnificent father!
If only I could be so grossly incandescent!

That was bait because I knew some uppity Eurocuck would think they were clever and post exactly what you posted.

>I rely on my poorly designed house layout for exercise
>gyms don't exist
>ergometers don't exist
>outside doesn't exist

You've been baited lad.

what bothers me about American houses is the shoddy construction with thin wooden frames, particle boards and drywall.

>tfw those houses probably cost £750,000 or 915,000 USD