Bojack Horseman S4 Talkback #6

What did y'all think?

>BoJack is finally happy
>Todd finally feels like he fits in society and that he's not a screw up.
>PC became a depressed alcoholic.
>PB and Diane's marriage is in the shitter.
>Beatrice turned out to be complex and much more than just "a shitty mother",
really well written.

BJ really did exceed everyone's expectations in this one, I expected him to fuck things up again yet he ended up being the one to solve everyone else's problems.

I guess, it did get easier.

nth for i miss best deer, lads.

It probably for the best.

It was good, but the series should have ended at season 3. It had just the right amount of optimism and depression. Season 3 was bittersweet, season 4 was like a punch to the gut

Nah, the few good episodes in S4 were worth it.
I really hope S5 is the last season though.

Fuck, now you're making me think of an universe where it did end in S3, that would be a super depressing show.

Threadly reminder Holly was best girl and there's nothing you can do about it.

>S4
>few good episodes

Isn't she canon slut? She did slept with a black guy.

Holly isnt even top 5 desu.
Well the few really good ones i guess.
S4 was good, but it had more than the usual meh episodes. As well as Todd becoming even more grating.

>but it had more than the usual meh episodes
I'd say S3 was infested with those. I only felt this way for the "Women Guns" episode.

>Slut
Nah she's just naive. And she knows better now after that episode with him. Plus it's never confirmed they slept together. They could've just done mouth stuff or whatever.

The point is she's cute and is good waifu material.

>Holly isnt even top 5 desu

Todd is pretty much the worst character. He starting to feel more like a Gary Stu with all the accomplishment like being a Triangle player in a large orchestra, save a lioness and help with the giving birth process, own Todd Land and won the case against Disney because of sheer luck that the name isn't clear, got a job work on the set, got a job working as PB's helper, own a stripperXUBER company and sold it for millions, and got an opportunity to live off his long life dream if he didn't play vidya, he could have married to a celebrity, got a job in the advertisement industry, got handed with lots of shit in his life, etc etc etc. He also got away with causing the clowns, which by the way work for him, to have rabies and he end up making a business off their misery.

E1,3,4,8

BoJack was actually really likable this season. That was weird, but I liked it. I didn't get hit quite as hard by any of the episodes, but most of them did make me wipe my eyes a little bit.
did anyone call the twist with his "daugher?"

>Plus it's never confirmed they slept together.
They literally made a dick joke, or you don't remember the kilometer part?

Do you think he's doing ok?

+ 5 *

>>That one episode that was full of fucking and basically furry pandering.

what episode was that?

I liked the gun episode. Yeah it was dumb for them to go hurr men hate women more than they love guns
But it had some good lines with Hollywood only caring about tragedies when it might affect their movies view in public or Todd's idea of having pumped up kicks to escape bullets

>>BoJack is finally happy

Bojack left his mother in that shitty nursing home. He doesn't deserve to be happy

Probably has a new hardware store or something.

>That Diane / PB sex scene

Was that necessary? I got a boner.

But he rarely ever has anything to do with the main story unless it involves one of the main characters. His doing all that random brave (if we can call it that) shit is just jokes.

Is Bojack pregananant in that pic?

Genuinely disappointed there was no follow up on this.

>instead of being an adult his mom just perpetuates the abuse cycle and wrecks bojacks childhood turning him into what he is today
Nah, fuck that cunt. I don't care if she had a tragic childhood.

Then it was necessary user

>giving a horrible person and abusive was a great nursing home
She didn't deserve that much

I pretty sure everyone that watch that episode gave zero fuck about feeling sorry for Beatrice. She did it to herself by being "rebellious" against her father's wishes.

Going to say, SUPER hope that Bojack ends next season or MAYBE Season 6. I just don't think they will have enough material to go on any longer than that. You are already loosing steam with a lot of the side characters.

That and very few cartoons are good beyond the 5 seasons mark.

There was some fanart of Bojack posted in one of these threads that was of him and PB and one user responded that it making Bojack look good sort of goes against the point of his existence.

Anyone know what art I'm talking about?

I like a lot about that episode, too. The only joke I couldn't laugh about was the "You finally passed sensible gun control" after ALL guns were outlawed in California.
I loved when Mr PB and Diane went to the gas station on their way to Hawaii. I hated the end of their story.

Dude, people on the subreddit are saying how they feel bad about Beatrice. But how exactly?

She may have had a shitty childhood but that doesn't mean you have to gut your own child's. That episode was still very depressing though, probably the best in the whole series.

Don't forget about him talking about how his dog dick had been inside Katrina and Jessica, too.

>Dude, people on the subreddit are saying how they feel bad about Beatrice. But how exactly?
I think you can feel empathy with someones situation and how they were put in a bad spot while also realizing they are a terrible person.

Kind of like Bojack himself.

>You finally passed sensible gun control
Well i mean it's Hollywoo. Finding a conservative there is like finding a needle in a haystack. Pc probably never used a gun before remember how Diane did a 180 after shooting one

Without taking into account how she treated bojack, you could easily feel sorry for her. But then she loses anything by being just as shitty as her father.

So what exactly was the point of changing george cloony's name if they ended up using it anyway?
Or was that literally the joke, being they finally have the rights to say his name?

>Or was that literally the joke, being they finally have the rights to say his name?
Yeah, that's it.

I don't consider the general population of reddit people. They obviously didn't see the consequence of her choices she made. You could feel sorry for her before her party but during and after, it all on her.

Of course the parents could treat Bojack better but they place all their blame on him, but both parents are stupid. The mother think being rebellious and going to California is a good thing. The Father was a "ARTIST" that think being a working class is art. They end up hating their life and we found out that the father could have work in the sugar company and make a 6 figure salary but choose to work in San Francisco for for a few years until he had enough.

>PC became a depressed alcoholic

Well, I wouldn't say she's in a spectacular place right now, but in the end, she accepted the water from Bojack in place of a drink. I think she's landing on her feet like PC always does.

And Jesus, while this season's ending didn't really hit as hard as some of the others in the gutpunch department, I feel so indescribably warmed inside that Bojack has made a single, positive experience in his life.

Yeah, I figure that's the point. It was showing us generational changes. This generation treated the next generation this way, so the next generation treated people that way. And we still end up with good people and shitty people. And sometimes shitty people can make bad people, we hope. We have yet to see which BoJack turns out to be.

So how will he bojack it up next year
>he voted for trump and alienates all the people he had started to reconnect with

I didn't get that one, either. Who the fuck is George Clooney? Sounds like a bird. That sounds like a total bird name.

Plus it dropped that as soon as Beatrice picked up baby Holly her previous words a few seconds earlier came back to haunt her when she bonded with the baby.

>Bojack's mother genuinely despised him but she longed for a child she held in her arms for ten fucking seconds for the rest of her life.

It tried to explain this as 'she wasn't ready to be a mother with Bojack' then but she's still horrendous.

>FRACK ME, MR. PEANUTBUTTER

you got another thing coming if you think Bojack is the kinda guy who votes

But he will this time. For the badwrongman

>I think she's landing on her feet like PC always does
I like that. I like that a lot. I was expecting her to get with Judah at the end of the GGGGGGGGrandaughter episode
I knew it wouldn't happen.
They would be perfect, even though I love that mouse

It's "another think"

>fucks up philbert
>fucks Henrietta
>alienates holly by trying to be a dad and a brother at the same time
>will probably reject PC again
>Diane will probably come on to him and PB will catch them
>will probably prove Todd's BBB girl isnt asexual

He still has a decent amount of ammo left.

So you're saying you would be OK with Bojack lost in his own mind staring at a dumpster all day? You're demonizing Beatrice but giving Bojack a free pass

>You look just like her
Oh fuck.
Forgive me; I just watched it.

Not him. She basically gave him a VERY shitty childhood and almost kill Holly.

What the hell is a BBB?

Bojack never had kids because he knew hed be a shitty dad

Bojack didnt have a kid and continually tell it for years its a disappointment, better off dead etc.
Bojack is pretty up front with being a shitty person, he gives people the option to not be around him.
He didnt drug holly for months with weight-loss drugs.

Bojack does shitty things, but most of the time he doesnt do them maliciously like his mom. There is no defending her at all.

Yeah she did. She was a terrible person. But Bojack getting enjoyment from her rotting away in the worst conditions possible isn't something I can condone. It's just petty and ugly

better business bureau.

>worst conditions possible
>she is being taken care of in a facility with pepple who can look after her and probably care about her more than he can
>she isnt rotting in s ditch like she deserves

I mean it's not right, nor should he. But can you really blame him?

They exist. Getting them to admit to it is the issue

Is todd dating a mudkip?

I like her. She and Todd would be cute together. They could make business empires!
I thought BBB was a new sex or gender thing. I was confuzzled.

If she didn't have dementia it wouldn't bother me so much. I just think it would be better for Bojack and help him heal a little instead of holding on to the hate.

It is very petty and ugly. Do you not know this character at all?

He kind of did and got her a bear helper. This end up biting him in the back when he found out she been poisoning Holly with her coffee.

I stopped watching after season 1, I felt like that was the perfect stopping point and anything after that would fuck it up.

But apparently it's good? Should I bother watching?

He did heal though, and even got, probably the most amount of closure he could have given everything. I just don't think you instantly become pardoned for developing a disease that you brought on yourself both physically and through the sheer karma of being an awful fucking person.

And he honestly did more than I thought with letting her live in his house and actually coming once a week for awhile even if it was to appease holly.

S1 was the worst season because it just sets up everything. keep watching lad.

I reckon it's worth it. user; AR

Watch. Now.

The one key thing that made Bojack worth the watch is consistency. They are very consistent with their main story and there are many throws back about it. All the characters remember what they did in the past episodes and whatnot.

Also cute girl animals.

What time does your watch say, now?

Why are there so many Judahfags? PC was absolutely right to fire him. He made a decision that affected the future of her own company that she founded without consulting her first. Just because he was nice and helpful doesn't justify going behind her back on something so important.

>waifu material

but she makes other people do all the chores. she doesn't do her fair share

>y'all
>Redditjack Mememan
Kill yourself, fucking reddit faggot

He competent, no-nonsense, take his work seriously, extremely reliable. Anyone would KILL to have someone who this kind of person working for them.

>knew she could pull through and survive on her own
>did what he did because he genuinely cares about the company and her
>any discussion would have just gotten steamrolled with irrationality

I would have done the same thing. If he didnt give a shit, then why wouldnt he have jumped ship to a better company with better pay and a better position with probably better hours?

That's why women shouldnt be in charge desu.

you sound upset about something, snowflake.

>my face throughout episode 11
If they do another season I think I'll just skip the episode before the finale

Because he's a well developed and likable character and people understand why he did it even if it isn't justified. I think that was kind of the theme of the season, especially with the episodes about Eddie and Bea, to heavily and properly contextualize people doing shitty things so they are understandable and sympathetic without being justifiable.

Just finished the season, I was really afraid it would lose its spark but I'm glad I was wrong. The second to last episode was damn good, horrible bitch or not. I do hope that the show ends soon though, nothing lasts forever.

Todd is still the worst part of the show, but I thought the dentist clowns were at least funnier than the improv arc was.

when you're in a relationship or get a job you'll learn not to tell the truth all the time

Episode 4 contained a smartwatch that monitors ovulation with Harvey Fierstein's voice, your opinion on anything is permanently invalidated.

I think PC was totally justified in firing Judah. He not only made a decision behind her back, but it was quite a huge one.

But I will say that I am so glad that that was the only extent of Judah's betrayal. I legitimately believed that he worked for PC's best interests, and only was he loyal, he was extremely competent in his endeavors. Guy's straight-edge was funny, too. I actually would have been kinda sad if his betrayal was a true sabotage of VIM, rather than a decision that was more misguided (and at worst, self-serving).

Am I the only one who thought episode 2 tried to hard? Like they were just saying "this will get us that emmy for sure"

the joke got old real quick.
And the grating jew voice gets old even quicker.

Besides the really lazy story with eddy, it was a really well done episode.

Are you two even either?

Isn't the whole point of the episode was don't dwell on your sorrow and move on?

PC firing Judah was to demonstrate that even doing the "right," "correct" or "justified" thing can be extremely self-destructive. Yes, he did create a lie of omission, but it was to keep PC from either giving up or being consumed by self-doubting "what ifs."

The similarity of his name to Judas of Jesus betraying fame probably wasn't an accident. While most people agree that Judas betraying Jesus was a bad thing, they gloss over the fact that Jesus wouldn't have died for everyone's sins if he hadn't been betrayed by Judas and his parables would have gone into zombie seasons.

I really can't stand Diane any longer and Todd solo stories aren't the best either. Everything with Bojack and PC was great though.

Mr Peanutbutter deserves better.

Yeah with a name like that, I kind of expect him to do something bad against PC, and it kind of suck that he live up to his name.

Yiff in hell, furfags

>Mr Peanutbutter deserves better.

You haven't picked up on why he married Diane, have you?

For instance, the D from the Hollywood sign was taken and everyone has called the place Hollywoo ever since.

No exceptions. They've never even tried getting the D back, they've never tried calling it Hollywood anyway since the sign would be inconsequential... no, it's always Hollywoo.

What scathing commentary.