Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tv7oET_0y24
youtube.com/watch?v=RmLFGWAyajU
youtube.com/watch?v=yRYPd8lBSWc
youtube.com/watch?v=pvKbRIuWFio
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

spawn is gay desu

>you'll never be as stinking rich as todd mcfarlane

Is Todd the most succesful of all the early 90s comics artists?

he's probably the most successful comic artist of all time because he invested his money wisely

In toys.

won't that make him more businessman that comic artist?

who is regarded as the most financially successful comic artist (going to extend this to manga/non-US artists as well)?

even when dressing like this he was cool
youtube.com/watch?v=tv7oET_0y24

I’m Todd McFarlane, and this is Todd McFarlane’s Spawn, by Todd McFarlane. What if up is down and down is up? Can a bad man do good things and do good people make bad decisions? The answer my friend is blowing in the wind. I’m Todd McFarlane, welcome to Todd McFarlane’s Spawn, by Todd McFarlane.

As a businessman, yes. As an artist, no. That should be Jim Lee.

Jim Lee
Mckean and Morrison made bank of arkham asylum

Yes. He sold tons of Spider-man and Spawn funny books. Both were consistently the best selling books at the time

Except they weren't. X-Men and Wildcats did better sales wise. Spawn was more reliable, but did not sell better.

Is having a terrible lisp considered to be cool in the united states of america?

>he invested his money wisely
>I'm gonna buy a famous baseball!
>I'm gonna pay a famous baseball player to make video games for me! He likes Everquest, so he must be totally qualified!

No, you're thinking of Spain

Still more successful than you'll ever be.
He just did it when he was young while you will be still sitting at home at the same time, masturbating.

W-why is he smiling like he wants to invade my boipussy...

The Spawn cartoon was so fucking good, why isn't it more well known?

Todd is cool, I'm a lot like him in a lot of ways

But he's nowhere near as rich as his brother Seth.

>that time Todd wrote Spawn under a pseudonym and nobody clicked for months

He's cool

I know they're not related but todd's net worth is actually larger than seth macfarlane's

I was reading some of the crazy arrogant shit he was saying in the early 90's. He was really staunchly against writers because "the kids" (guy is always talking about the kids) don't even need for there to be a story or dialogue as long as there are cool pictures. He basically believed that comics should just be 22 pages of completely unrelated art of Spider-Man doing flips and that writers were just cutting into his profits.

I hate McFarlane so goddamn much, he pretends he's all about artistic integrity and creator's rights, but really all he cares about is money and franchising. You just know he's been steamed as fuck that all these superhero movies have gotten so big and he's not seeing a cut of the profits anywhere. I imagine he's had a lot of trouble getting another Spawn movie off the ground because edgy violent shit for teenagers isn't the current superhero fad, it's family friendly action comedy shit now.

This looks very professional for what I really want to believe is some deviantart "My fave is cooler than your fave" fanwank

"You can think and draw at the same time?"

youtube.com/watch?v=RmLFGWAyajU

There's an argument that Jim Lee outdoes him, what with being a Warner Brothers executive now.

It was on HBO before premium cable became super widespread.

>He basically believed that comics should just be 22 pages of completely unrelated art of Spider-Man doing flips
That's a bit too extreme, but I do think people should care more about the artwork.
Most comics look like trash nowadays.

You'd like to believe that wouldn't you

Man I should have looked that up Todd beats him by 100 million, I had figured Seth would be Oprah rich by now.

I always thought Todd looked like he could be Christian Bales older brother with a former coke habit or something

I absolutely would. It's cringey, petty, and something I would actually more expect to find in a Deadpool comic than whatever Image book it'd have to be in if it were real.

He got Alan Moore to write a Violator miniseries.

But in a way, he is right, I wish the comics industry was morre like in Japan where the artists also makes the story most of the times.

And he will never be as cool as Rob Liefeld.

Rob made a Nike commercial with Spike Lee!

>I'm gonna buy a famous baseball!

It payed off. Spending big money on sports made him seem legitimate in the eyes of Sports Teams who then gave him the license to makes sports toys, which in turn made him more money than he spent.

Robert Kirkman is cooler.

I like Rob. He did some dickish stuff to writers in the 90's and he's not a great artist but he clearly loves what he does and just wanted to draw cool shit. And he's never afraid to say what he really thinks.

It might sound like sacrilege to compare him to Kirby but I think there's something to be said about how they both focus on dynamism and fine detail over realism.

He looks like Dion Phaneuf

well they're both Canadian, maybe its in the air.

Jim Lee is the richest I think. Though Millar might have passed him now that Netflix bought his company

>He was really staunchly against writers because "the kids" (guy is always talking about the kids) don't even need for there to be a story or dialogue as long as there are cool pictures. He basically believed that comics should just be 22 pages of completely unrelated art of Spider-Man doing flips and that writers were just cutting into his profits.
and didn't he prove that? You can find good writers but they rarely sell well.

what's with Sup Forums defending Liefeld? Does it just take someone liking comics for Sup Forums to jump on the bandwagon?

He is pretty cool. His voice is weird in a good way.

youtube.com/watch?v=yRYPd8lBSWc

nice Capullo pic there

heres a pretty good recent interview with him:

youtube.com/watch?v=pvKbRIuWFio

made me appreciate him even more, prolly one of the smartest people in the industry.

Really cool. Remind me again what I know this interviewer from?

He said that in like 1992.
And then he promptly turned into an over-writer who over-wrote tons of text for Spawn issues that he didn't draw for the next 25 years.

That looks like Ralph Fiennes

As cool as a guy who held the reigns on other creators projects on a bluff about rights and ownership and lost the respect of his peers for being a massive hypocrite and douche what pushed his few friends away?

The scummier McFarlane got, the nice Rob grew in counter.

Guy is a bit if a prick. But when he owned that little bitch from Collider, it was glorious.

not really defending per se.

they don't like rob the artist, just rob the dude.

Not to be confused with Todd Howard, right?

>Rob is a shitty artist.
>But apparently a cool guy.
Anyone got any stories to back this up?

I like listening to interviews of Rob he is a bro. Its hilarious when he talks of Todd and does impressions of him