Why did this work so well when all odds were against it?

Why did this work so well when all odds were against it?

It didn't, most people didn't like his Ares.

Says you?

For me most of the movie was pretty good. Because I expected so much worse.

I thought Ares was going to be so cliche and basic fucking war loving hate monger.

Oh okay. Not sure why you said "most people" when you're only talking about your personal opinion.

Sorry dude not that guy and didn't mean to address that specifically, it was a general response to OP.

>somebody else who like it
Ma nigga

no snyder

It didn't, discount Lucifer was the shittiest capeshit villain in a while.

you have shit taste, user

>bad acting
>bad cg
>bad fight
>bland design
>more of misplaced christian imagery
>that fucking Ned Flanders stache
Yeah, right, it's just my shit taste.

I thought you were talking about GotG2's Ego until you said Flanders stache.

that flashback kinda ruined his image.

but i liked the twist.

>bad acting
objectively incorrect
>bad cg
kinda yeah
>bad fight
wrong
>christian imagery
what
>that fucking Ned Flanders stache
That's what made it cool. Some corny nigga in a suit being the god of war? Better villain than anything the MCU has shat out.

>b-but Mahvel
Hilarious. Also, Ego was at least well played, and there was no christian imagery.

Why the fuck are you rambling on about christian imagery, let alone getting triggered by it?

See, I was with you - this nebbishy loser-looking guy is the god of war? That's a genuinely cool twist, and shows how malice and hate can look just like your average Joe really well.

But then he had the exact same look in the Ancient Greece flashbacks. Big, oily, musclebound dude with that fucking mustache.
In Ancient Greece, where that type of mustache didn't even fucking exist.

At that moment my original thought (Ares molds himself to fit his surroundings, the face of war changes with the passage of time) was proven wrong, and he's just an ugly, weird looking dude for no reason. Pulled me right out of the movie.

I don't have a representative sample size, but I've talked to a bunch of other people who have seen the movie and every single one of them agreed it was a bizarre choice and it was hard to take Ned Flares seriously after that.

>Better villain than anything the MCU has shat out.
Why are DCfriends always so quick to start shitting on MCU as a means of directing the conversation away from the flaws of DCEU movies?
>bad fight
>wrong
Now this is objectively incorrect. That whole sequence was a bore.
>That's what made it cool
I wouldn't mind as much if it went away when he transformed, but no, it's the same wimpy looking face stuck in a bad cg armor suit. It's impssible to take him seriously at that point.
As for imagery, you don't have to be triggered by something to realize it is misplaced.
>Zeus creates men
>betrayed by his son
>who is tries to seduce Diana
>"Men are evil for realz, this whole war is no fault of mine even though everyone stops fighting when I am dead"

>Diana I'm giving you one last-i-diddly-doodly chance to join a'fore I gotta ding dang diddly do ya in!

Wait... you think Mustache Man is the actual original, physical manifestation of the Ares?

Christ not even my 11 year old cousin is that dumb.

I mean, this is capeshit we're talking about. Probably the biggest thing DC does right that MCUdon't is villains.

And let's not act like villains don't make the capeshit. Villains are arguably more important in capeshit than comics since they're much more relied on the drive a plot in 90 minutes than over 9 months of comic issues.

That's how the movie portrayed it, dumbass. Everything else is you reading stuff into it that wasn't there.
there was a flashback scene set in ancient times, everyone was wearing period-appropriate (ish) clothing, and he looked exactly the same.

There's no proof this isn't what he looked like. There's no proof he can shapeshift. There's no proof Olympians aren't physical gods.

Your 11-year-old cousin might not be dumb, but you are.

He was fucking great.
I may be biased by my pride in calling it so far in advance though.

Holy shit you're mad. No need to be angry that you're such a brainlet.

I mean I agree with him mostly. It's not flaming dogshit which means it's a cut above the rest of the DCEU

>no arguments
>respond to genuine criticism with Sup Forums insults
>respond to further posts with "lol u mad"
I see you're a manchild from Sup Forums.

Agree with that? He said most people hated Ares. Are you most people?

shoo shoo retard, adults are talking

>It's not flaming dogshit which means it's a cut above the rest of the MCU
ftfy

>tfw will never forgive Feige for ruining Zemo

I liked Zemo, just not as Zemo. I thought he was an interesting character, but a poor adaptation.

He needed more of a relationship with Cap himself, connection to nobility, and vaguely fascist attitudes.

He was boring and his relationship with Cap/Tony was laughably shoehorned.

The revelation was okay. But ares and his bitches were one of the weakest parts of the film
>Hey diana, killed your daddy and mentor join me,kay?
And then 10mintues of pure action. A shame Poison interacted with diana like once too.

Yes
That was cringe

They should have at least stuck a beard on him or gotten Sean Bean to play him, for the flashback and final fight

Lupin and Bean's drastically different accents switching back and forth could have been great

That was the weakest part of the film, though. It was like a speed-bump after everything cool up to that point.

like what?

I watched this movie twice in the cinemas (both for free), and in both situations the vast majority of the threatre laughed at his face and called him Asterix when he was show with the armor but keeping the face.

Among the people I met who watched the movie general consensus is that he looked silly and wasn't intimidating.

>GotG2
>Christian imagery
wut?

You..... you aren't serious, are you?

Like, you're joking right now, right?

Unless there's a director's cut hidden somewhere the theatrical version showed Ares as the same dude during ancient times, so yeah, that's the original physical manifestation of Ares.

Go to an optometrics I guess.

so you are retarded

>If I spam ur retawded enough that will disproof the fact that I'm wrong

Come back with an argument, kid.

you are an expert on ancient greek facial hair? how fucking autistic can one person be?

I already did, you only reply with non arguments like ur retawded.

Rewatch the movie or go to an optometris, I can't really tell you more as the movie itself shows you the original Ares and you still refuse it.

And this is the last time I indulge you.

Fuck off reddit spacer.

It didn't.
It ONLY worked when he was in a non-combat scenario, as soon as the big reveal happened and the retarded WOW raid endboss fight scene started it all went to shit.

If you think otherwise you're a brainlet unfil to live, and you deserve to be chopped up and eaten to sustain the rest of this board, all composed of people that are clearly smarter than you and need your proteins to sustain their superior intellect while you're wasting yours.

t. Sup Forums crossposter that popped softie during the Black Panther trailer

trips of truth

The fight was bad but the actor was fine.

MCU.txt

If the actor isn't fit for a fight scene THEN YOU DON'T MAKE HIM HAVE A FIGHT SCENE.
There's actors that work in a fight scenario, and actors that only work in a scenario where they're talking to other people.

This Ares was supposed to be more subtle and use other methods aside violence, but they cave in and gave the audience their big, dumb fight in the end because they thought that the target audience was too fucking stupid to digest anything else.
And they were right, between braindead DC fanboys and SJWs that crowned this shit as the new feminist wet dream in superhero movie form, nobody was ready to actually get a good, fleshed out movie that would take the time to explore all the characters.
Every single character was horribly two dimensional, the fights scenes were hamfisted and unnecessary, and there were blatant plot holes pretty much everywhere, never to be addressed again.

It's a movie entirely made for people that have no experience with good movies whatsoever, it's completely half assed from start to finish, literally the only objective positive trait about it is that it wasn't 100% utter dogshit like recent DC productions, and that's not really something that should be celebrated.

His acting during the fight scene wasn't the problem. It was just poorly choreographed and the dialogue was weird. No one could have done better with that.

but that is what hapened you see the ancient greece flashback and he still looks like a british gentelman on an armor. they didnĀ“t even try to shave to mustache to make him look younger or add a beard to make it more era apropiate.

He looked absolutely fucking ridiculous.
Laughable.
One really has to be the most deluded fanboy on the face of this planet to think otherwise.

>Probably the biggest thing DC does right that MCUdon't is villains.

Zod and Ares are the only decent ones. Luthor, Joker and Enchantress were awful.

>go from one of the best villains in film history to one of the worst
He's almost bad enough to drag the rest down.

I liked when he was being ghost Ares. It was just so damn funny to see that mustache through the helmet. I couldn't take him seriously anymore.
They shouldn't have bothered with the armour if they really wanted his face to be seen

>expert
>because he knows they didn't wear little snazzy mustaches in ancient Greece
Have you never visited a museum in your life, user?

I"m still so fucking mad that for the first live-action DC cinematic universe, we got the shittiest Lex Luthor and Joker. What the fuck were they thinking?

Also, Faora was bae.