At their respective heights of popularity, who would you say had it the highest?

At their respective heights of popularity, who would you say had it the highest?

In terms of what popularity? Sup Forumsmrades or the general public? Because I believe the latter would go PPG ~= AT >>> EEnE

Adventure Time no contest.
difference is that PPG will be remembered as iconic forever, while AT is probably going to be forgotten or intentionally ignored by most people.

Powerpuff was more popular, but you have to admit that Adventure Time (for better or worse) spearheaded an entirely new era for Cartoon Network, if not the medium as a whole, in terms of visual design, writing, comedy, and characters.

I mean fuck man I remember that dark time when the first few promos for Adventure Time came out. At that point the only things to watch were an edgy Ben 10 reboot, Chowder, Johnny Whipcrack and reruns of all the failed series canceled the year before.

The shows that came the year after were great but ultimately none of them had any staying power.

Replace Eds with Ben 10

Nigga

What exactly is your point? Both PPG and AT are the huge cash cows of their time for CN.

Ed Edd n Eddy never had a shitload of toys or merchandise like the other two.

Which pissed me off.

AT, easily. Because it was basically the only show CN had to hold itself up for several years, whereas PPG and EENE had many contemporaries to share the limelight with.

>Adventure Time debuted in 2010
>Jeremy Shada voiced Finn when he was 13, he's now 20
>Adventure Time will end in 2018
>A person who was in the first grade when it debuted will start high school when the show ends

I wonder if they bothered to still watch the show as they grew up

Adventure Time began production around Aug/Sep 2008

Adventure Time easily, even people on my campus were into it when it came out

PPGs easily without a contest.

You're literally a retard for saying that

Here comes a new challenger

Maybe it would be if CN actually aired it.

PPG is by far more popular.

PPG had a breakfast cereal, music album, a movie, etc
It was everywhere

This
>tfw no complete series in BD ever
Fuck

Digital animation in SD. It would be millions of dollars to redo EEnE in HD. CN barely ponies up the cash to do SD releases.

did AT really make CN that much money? I've heard they had a lot of trouble advertising merch to kids because the fanbase was much older than CN was able to market to. Plus CN sure isn't treating AT like their cash cow with this schizophrenic air cycle.

AT>>PPG>>>>EEnE

AT wasn't marketable to sell toys. The whole selling toys through shows was dying and CN didn't do much with that.

PPG even had a theatrical film produced.

Fucking this, I still see some original Ben 10 merch floating around in stores.

I'd also say Dexter's Lab was bigger than Eds.

In the world, I think it's PPG. In France at least if you ask someone if they know about the Powerpuff girls, they'll most likely say yes. Adventure Time is not as popular.
PPG is known everywhere, Japan even did their own spinoff show. AT just can't compete.

PPG bar none. The original made multiple billions of dollars in toy sales alone. As a child, I recall entire aisles of Toys R Us being dedicated to them. They had a feature film, and two anniversary specials which came out years after the series was over. As well, it had a reboot, which none of the others can claim.

The others cannot compare.

Great bait

He's right tho

I was pretty high when I fucked your mom.

How much did it cost for Goof Troop? Didn't they just use the original masters? CN has to still have those. EEnE was mostly cel-animation anyway until the last season.

This show didn't carry the network, it's not even the most successful of it's time much less out of these 4.

No he's not

I wanted to say AT but it is PPG for sure, just look at the fact that CN tried to reboot it first out of all of their older classics.

PPG, not even a question. AT was certainly big but PPG achieved international success and saturation for years to a level that AT only saw very briefly if ever.

EEnE was way less popular because it had way less mainstream appeal. It was absolutely popular with its targeted demographic but if you asked most older people if they knew about those three, almost all could get PPG, most would get AT, and hardly any would get EEnE. I partially blame CN for not promoting EEnE as much as PPG at the same time though, it feels like it never got nearly as much merch or general promotion as its popularity with kids would normally entail. Maybe it had something to do with Antonucci getting the full rights to the series?

I would never call Ed Edd n Eddy particularly popular, it never had the mainstream appeal or merchandising opportunity that the other two did. Was the best in terms of quality though.

Only one had a movie that was shown in theaters.

> the best in terms of quality
let's not start that battle, please. It is a war without end.

I meant how good the show was, not the art.

user stop perpetuating the war Without End

>Not the most popular show on it's network
>Barely even airs
>Hasn't changed shit for the network

>edgy Ben 10 reboot
The only Ben 10 Reboot is the latest series. You people seem to have trouble understanding this.

PPG is the one with the movie.

Also, like, two or three specials, an anime and official, actual "on CD" music licensed just for the show

Reboot: New continuity
Remake: same continuity, just replaced in that specific spot
Continuation: Same continuity and moving forward after a hiatus

CN itself once owed its very existence to PPG.

And if this was 2010 you could say that about AT.

Chowder and Flapjack were both already done by the time AT premiered, weren't they?

>anecdotal claim based on only user's time frame of viewership
>ppg classic was widely known by college kids, actual kids, and highschoolers alike in its time
See, I can do that too.

It was an SoL cartoon

Definitely PPG.

Adventure time because it was also consumed by adults

They also had a whole store pop-up in NYC. In Asia everything has a pop-up store, even AT. In US it's a bit harder.

They also had an actual stage show, not just shopping mall setups.

PPG also had adult fans

Same with PPG
I love AT but PPG was so much bigger than AT ever was. I think Cartoon Network in general had a much bigger presence during that period.

Right, I was pointing out how other user can't say "AT, easy".

Even compared to other autistic fanbases like Homestuck and MLP, it still falls below the ranks.

PPG had adult fans from all over the world.

SU only had lots of momentum in 2015 I think, and even then I feel like it was only on the Internet

Where does Ben 10 fit in?

Ed Edd n' Eddy Jawbreakers. (Actual Jawbreakers not the game, though that was good too.)

Could have been a candy goldmine.

I'm pretty sure there was a full size EEnE themed gumball machine that you could buy from their online store. There's not really much opportunity for merchandising, it's not really an action themed show with a sizable cast.
>figures of all the kids
>maybe some plushies
>maybe a life-sized Plank, probably made out of plastic or rubber so the parents of some dumbass kid won't sue CN for selling a toy that gave their precious child splinters
>Cul-de-Sac playset with a couple houses, scaled to the figurines of the kids
>playsets of vehicles that Double D cobbled together, similar to those KND playsets

Don't fucking kid yourself, SU hasn't been relevant since its first season.

PPG was way WAY bigger at its height.

A movie that flopped.

For popularity PPG>AT>EEnE
For how good the shows were EEnE>PPG>AT

PPG was way more of a merchandising machine, and was the most popular cartoon on CN by a wide margin during the height of CN's popularity while AT came at the cusp of its decline.

I didn't realize AT fans were this delusional or cared so much about their cartoon being the most popular. That's really weird.

adventure time started when I was in elementary school and now I'm in college. holy shit.

Chowder was, but not Flapjack. It was done by the time Regular Show premiered though.

PPG is the only show I have dishes and silverware of, so I'm gonna go with that one.

PPG > AT >>>> EEnE

Ed, Edd, n Eddy never even had close the success of Powerpuff Girls and Adventure Time, which became cultural icons in their time, merchandise fucking everywhere, with both children and adults. Absolutely everyone would recognize Adventure Time or Powerpuff Girls at their heighs of popularity, they were everywhere. EEnE didn't have anything close to that.

While Powerpuff Girls was bigger in general, Adventure Time was definitely the bigger deal within the animation community. It absolutely changed cartoons like almost no show before it, it unquestionably defined the industry in the 2010s. Powerpuff Girls were part of a big industry defining era, alongisde shows like Dexter and Samurai Jack, but there were still outliers, things like Spongebob and Ed, Edd, n Eddy, and didn't quite define what came next. They were a product of an era, and became hugely popular. Adventure Time was like little that came before and got huge, going on to define an era.

Ed, Edd, n Eddy did none of these things, to the public or within the industry. It was well received, and deservedly so, it's an incredible show, but it just didn't even come close to the impact of the others. It was always sort of weird and out of place compared to other cartoons, like nothing else of it's time.

Why were they going to make that EEnE movie in theaters anyways?

Adventure Time literally DEFINES the modern animation industry, YOU FUCKING MORONS.

A resonable opinion indeed

PPG at its peak was bigger in popularity than AT, in terms of marketing, ratings, merchandising and different medias.
However AT left a huge mark in a modern animation industry that was lacking of a format that would define this period, PPG was a consolidation of an era that was estabilished and at its best when it came out, nonetheless it became a symbol of that era

Same, there was also this one kid who was nuts about Problem Solverz

Doesn't mean it's more popular
It's getting overshadowed these days and barely comes on
1/3 of the fan base has left already when the show "jumped the shark"

No one cares anymore and anything that looked like Adventure Time came off as cheap cashgrabs/copycats.

For reasons unrelated to the content. CN shit the bed hard.

>Ed Edd n Eddy better than either of those
Yeah okay

>PPG>AT

Wasn't Adventure Time supposed to get a movie but got cancelled in favor of a final season?

The movie seems to have been shelved but I don't think it was exchanged for a final season.

>Problem Solverz
Okay user, if you aren't going to take this seriously I'm out.

I think, surprisingly, EEnE. Everyone knows about the Eds. It was never famous or talked about, but you'd be hard pressed to find someone who doesn't get the "Life has many doors, Ed boy" reference.

Was PPG ever marketed towards older fans like AT?

The acceptation from higher ups that you can market across demographics seemed to me something that AT bought about.
But maybe I have a poor memory.

It seems like this has happened to a lot of planned theatrical movies of tv series.
I think only the pony show has succeeded.

Wonder why?

Possibly, but it always came off as a little girl's show because it had sparkles and shit.

PPG always that that stigma around it, that boys shouldn't be watching a show "for girls" or they'll turn gay. That's what killed the movie, people watched PPG in the secrecy of their own homes and couldn't defend going out to see it in public.

You sound salty as fuck

What happened?

This. PPG is on a whole different level in terms of popularity.

*war without Ed

Who fucking buys a toy that isn't a fidget spinner nowadays?